Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member in Disguise

Marvel actually doesn't do a lot of minis, they just reboot their core titles so often it just seems that way.

I kid, I kid!
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

"Vigilante" was originally going to be only six issues but was cancelled after 3 due to poor sales...

It's not cancelled in the normal sense, though. The whole thing is still coming in paperback. Plus, it had some crappy problems regarding being pulled from shelves due to rating issues that I doubt helped any.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Yeah I should have clarified in my original post. Of course characters like Midnighter, Poison Ivy, El Diablo are gonna get a mini once in a blue moon due to their lack of ongoings. Poison Ivy and Harley are popular enough to have minis and I think they do sell.

But I was more referring to the JLA big shot characters besides Batman and Superman, they surprisingly do not have many in the last 20 years.....or ever. I brought this up because Batman and Superman's elseworld tales are considered to be top-notch comic book material. I just think they should try it more with the other JLA members.
    Those other characters don't really have enough popularity for people to want to buy "off-model" versions. Heck, people argue as it is about which Flash or Green Lantern should be featured in the main books. Taking it further away from what they want probably won't generate much in the way of sales.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    It's not cancelled in the normal sense, though. The whole thing is still coming in paperback. Plus, it had some crappy problems regarding being pulled from shelves due to rating issues that I doubt helped any.
    I'm a fan of minis and my philosophy from the start is any mini that gets cancelled in mid launch gets dumped in the LCS miscellaneous bin and I move on. I will not support a book from DC and Marvel that is scheduled as a mini and can't finish it's run.I even went to the point of establishing the Vigilante thread here and could tell by the tepid response from most that this book was struggling. Too bad it deserved better but no longer with my money. In fact a couple of Marvel minis never saw completion in book form and were just outright cancelled. I believe one from Vertigo saw the axe but a least got to finish it's 8 issue first arc.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-17-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    Marvel actually doesn't do a lot of minis, they just reboot their core titles so often it just seems that way.

I kid, I kid!
    Actually many of their core titles have fizzled out according to my LCS and Marvel just keeps rebooting the same titles only to see them fail again.