Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    I count the Ray's six issue mini in the early 90s and his later ongoing as some of my favorite comic book reading of that particular era. I was roughly around Ray's age at the time of his series and found lots of points of relation. It also helped that Priest wrote him with a deft ear and Porter knocked the art chores out of the park for the first fourteen issues or so.
    Great stuff and I'm glad to have The Ray back (in a blaze of power!).
    Reading his past run made me love the character. Ray is really a legacy character done right.

Justice League of America Rebirth #1 variant cover by Ryan Ottley

9c4a82197d224a21afd74cbeffb632c2.jpg

I'm curious to see if they'll connect this version of The Ray with the Freedom Fighters or his status as a legacy hero...

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Slightly amused at the show Ray is watching. Seems to be referencing the waterworld Earth of the Multiverse. Even mentioning Leatherwing and showing its Superman.

Looks like a good start to Rays story.
    Actually, it's a reference to SILVERBLADE, a comic from the 80's which was really quite fun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silverblade

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Justice League of America Rebirth #1 variant cover by Ryan Ottley

9c4a82197d224a21afd74cbeffb632c2.jpg
    I don't mean to nitpick but since when can Killer Frost fly? I get it's just supposed to just look cool but it's a little off.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I don't mean to nitpick but since when can Killer Frost fly? I get it's just supposed to just look cool but it's a little off.
    Ya I noticed it and thought maybe she doing the thing Iceman does with his ice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    No, I believe Caden is a new character. Caden might take the roll of his pre-52 girlfriend, Jennifer.
    I see. That makes sense, too.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they attribute it to some Batman training.

Whenever I hear someone say the Ray I hear Ray Ramono saying "Debraaaaaaaa"

Justice League of America

JLA_Rebirth_1.jpg

Another Justice League of America pic

JLA_2.jpg

Read the one-shot this morning, and I have to say that from what I've read I really like this guy. He definitely have the make of someone whose goal in life is just to be a superhero likes he's seen in movies and it's pretty cool. In fact I wouldn't mind a solo series or a mini just about him.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Justice League of America : The Ray Rebirth #1 was a really good way to introduce the character and his powerset. I like how Orlando gave him a personality that matches with his problem and how open he was. I also like how they pointed out his weird fashion sense like he had in the pre-52 days. Cant wait for JLA to come out. So far all the one shots established the characters really good.

Always Rakzo

I guess we're talking about this here. Thought this was okay for the most part, there's the usual good Orlando work that tries expand the universe around Ray including classic mythos about him. The problem comes with the use of his sexuality, I'm actually okay with him becoming Gay since Lord knows barely anyone was paying attention to him and maybe this could give him some popularity. However, the way how Orlando implements it here is a bit too heavyhanded for his own good with most of his personality being derivative from such theme and even his enemies are connected to it. It gets even worse when Ray makes his own fade haircut because being Gay OBVIOUSLY means he should have that kind of style (Seriously, so many people use it these days that something that used to be new is getting really tiring).

Great art from Byrne though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I guess we're talking about this here. Thought this was okay for the most part, there's the usual good Orlando work that tries expand the universe around Ray including classic mythos about him. The problem comes with the use of his sexuality, I'm actually okay with him becoming Gay since Lord knows barely anyone was paying attention to him and maybe this could give him some popularity. However, the way how Orlando implements it here is a bit too heavyhanded for his own good with most of his personality being derivative from such theme and even his enemies are connected to it. It gets even worse when Ray makes his own fade haircut because being Gay OBVIOUSLY means he should have that kind of style (Seriously, so many people use it these days that something that used to be new is getting really tiring).

Great art from Byrne though.
    The haircut actually reminded me from his old look from the pre 52 version.
    813092-2rays02.jpg

Orlando probably wanted to play it safe and make his point come out clear but I get what you mean.