Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Why does anything need to be tweaked? If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    That's one way to look at things, but I suspect that poster was looking at it from a perspective of "avoid completely retreading and rehashing the same-old, same old".

Fantastic Member

I'm bumping my post about the Ray from another thread to this one, as it seems the more appropriate venue to discuss said post, considering that it primarily deals with the new version of the Ray. Without further ado...

Hi ZeeGuy!

I think we are both on the same page as far as wanting most, if not all, of the continuity pre-Flashpoint restored with Rebirth. As a HUGE Golden Age fan there is nothing I want more than the Roy Thomas/Goyer/Robinson/Johns iteration of the first assemblage of mystery men to be restored, legacies and all. HOWEVER...The new version of the Ray that has just been introduced by Steve Orlando seems to fly in the face of our shared hopes that all of the characters are intact, just minus ten years or so from their histories. This new Ray has been introduced as a young gay character, which certainly flies in the face of what Priest and Harris wrote him as back in the 90s. Poor Ray was hopelessly heterosexual in his original series (and mini). I worry that our theory of all of these characters maintaining their former histories might be dashed. This said, I am happy to have more diversity in the line of comics, I just wish it wasn't at the expense of characters whose identities and histories have long since been established. For example, it would be nice to see NEW diverse characters created for DC. Just my opinion.

Spectacular Member baycitybomber's Avatar

The Freedom Fighters: The Ray trailer should probably be in this thread too:

https://twitter.com/cwseed/status/888934200664928256

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by baycitybomber View Post
    The Freedom Fighters: The Ray trailer should probably be in this thread too:

https://twitter.com/cwseed/status/888934200664928256
    Since I first saw it, I have been wondering when, exactly, is this series supposed to be airing.