View Poll Results: Occupy Avengers: How's everyone been enjoying this series so far?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very much so, surprisingly enough!

6 16.67%
  • Quite a bit, though it's no real surprise.

11 30.56%
  • Okay enough, I guess.

7 19.44%
  • I haven't really been enjoying it, honestly.

6 16.67%
  • I wasn't really aware of this book, to tell the truth.

6 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Occupy Avengers: How's everyone been enjoying this series so far?

For me, I've quite found myself fallen in love with it since its second issue! Occupy Avenger's scratches an itch I didn't know I had, really. Like, I wouldn't call myself a "Clint-Hawkeye fan for the sake of Clint-Hawkeye", but I'm really lovin' him here. I also feel the art style is simply gorgeous, notably for me since I'm not normally one to get caught up on art and usually can enjoy things no matter the style. The artist here, however, really brings the characters and settings to life, and it all goes superbly well with the more grounded tone of the book.

One of the aspects that really makes me love this series is that the author is giving limelight to characters I was reading who had solos cut too short, specifically Red Wolf and Nighthawk. He's even managed to bring Tilda Johnson back into at least another couple of issues, which is cool. I'm enjoying the chance to get more opportunities with these characters, and that means a lot for me.

Also, Silas and Frank Fireheart ended up being pretty darn cool for seemingly one-arc, two-issue characters, especially in the second issue. I'm really hoping we seem them again, for so many reasons!

All in all, I feel Occupy Avengers is going to be one of those "hidden gem" dealies. But what do the rest of you guys think?

Feel free to use this as a collective discussion thread for the first 3 issues, too, if you want.

I'm digging it so far. Having loved Walker's Nighthawk, I am, obviously, delighted to see Tilda again. She's the best.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I'm digging it so far. Having loved Walker's Nighthawk, I am, obviously, delighted to see Tilda again. She's the best.
    Happy to hear, especially from another fan of Walker's Nighthawk.

Makes me wonder if she'll be a permanent fixture, or if she and Nighthawk are just arc-characters like the Fireheart cousins? I do know from an interview that Nighthawk is gonna remain a mostly drop-in kind of guy for the foreseeable future. If she is permanent, it'd go along with Walker's hopes of letting Tilda do more/doing more with Tilda's character.

The remaining team members have been pretty darn hush-hush, though, haven't they?

I really like it a lot too. My only issue is that Clint who's been running around as Ronin for years, besting hordes of ninjas or guys like Bullseye in melee combat didn't put up more of a fight against Nighthawk but that is just me being a Fanboy.

I'm especially thrilled that Walker said they would have to rely on themselves and their abilities to get others to help them when in a pinch since there won't be any Quinjets out of nowhere filled with reinforcements.

Anyway, having read what OP wrote, I should mention that the artist will change as of the next Issue and onwards.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I really like it a lot too. My only issue is that Clint who's been running around as Ronin for years, besting hordes of ninjas or guys like Bullseye in melee combat didn't put up more of a fight against Nighthawk but that is just me being a Fanboy.

I'm especially thrilled that Walker said they would have to rely on themselves and their abilities to get others to help them when in a pinch since there won't be any Quinjets out of nowhere filled with reinforcements.

Anyway, having read what OP wrote, I should mention that the artist will change as of the next Issue and onwards.
    Heh, I guess you could argue Clint was going easy on Nighthawk, since he didn't come to fight in the first place.

Also, really? Oh well. Hopefully, the newcomer will do well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Heh, I guess you could argue Clint was going easy on Nighthawk, since he didn't come to fight in the first place.

Also, really? Oh well. Hopefully, the newcomer will do well enough.
    Hahaha, maybe. I honestly don't know enough about Nighthawk to know how superior or inferior he should be but damn was I impressed by Red Wolf taking him down a notch like that.

Yeah Pacheco was only there since the series regular artist was still busy with the Vision book. There are previews and they look good. It's not a quality drop like the All New Wolverine has suffered through and still suffers from.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

I enjoy it quite a bit. This is probably the best characterized and portrayed Clint's been in years, or at least as far as being "in-character" (and no surprise, it's when he's separated from Kate Bishop), and Walker's character work and writing is interesting, fun, and dynamic. I'm really interested to see how this team forms up and what kind of adventures they'll get into.

Of course, the sting of the fact that Clint is a self-justifying murderer who killed a defenseless man and got away with it, all while getting a pat on the back from the public and his own team book, still hurts but there's nothing Walker can do about that (other then try and downplay the fact that Clint murdered a Bruce Banner who wasn't even The Hulk).

I absolutely love it. Still, wouldn't consider it an "Avengers" book but I'm still interested in the full roster of the book. I'm really hoping the guy in the wheelchair is Juston Seyfert that somehow survived Avengers Arena.

I have liked it so far. I wonder who will be the rest of the team (it's obvious that Tilda is joining) I liked Pacheco's work, and I can't wait for Walta

@extraordinary-Tycon: Would Occupy Defenders sound better? ;D

My Twitter

Hawkeye & the Renegades would be a better fit, IMO. It would probably sell even less, thought.

Mayyybeeee the "Liberators" or "Mighty something"

I think Avengers fits well, it's just the combination with the word Occupy that makes it feel off a bit.
    I mean Secret Avengers always had a vastly different tone to other Avengers books too.

Anyway: With all the talk about masks in issue one from various characters and now a mask being visible on Clint's shirt, does anyone have the feeling this will lead to the return to a more classic custome for him and maybe even the others?
    Maybe I am reading too much into it but I kinda have that scenario in my head where the whole Team (whoever ends up being on it) suits up for a last showdown with whomever including masks and everything a bit like in the Movie Hot Fuzz just with Super Heroes instead of a Super Cop.

I think it would be a nice contrast to the casual clothes they have been rocking until now without feeling entirely out of place either.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I think Avengers fits well, it's just the combination with the word Occupy that makes it feel off a bit.
    I mean Secret Avengers always had a vastly different tone to other Avengers books too.

Anyway: With all the talk about masks in issue one from various characters and now a mask being visible on Clint's shirt, does anyone have the feeling this will lead to the return to a more classic custome for him and maybe even the others?
    Maybe I am reading too much into it but I kinda have that scenario in my head where the whole Team (whoever ends up being on it) suits up for a last showdown with whomever including masks and everything a bit like in the Movie Hot Fuzz just with Super Heroes instead of a Super Cop.

I think it would be a nice contrast to the casual clothes they have been rocking until now without feeling entirely out of place either.
    I think if Clint can finally admit that what he did was wrong and resolve to, once again, be a true Superhero, we have a perfect set-up for him taking up the classic Hawkeye costume again (or at least another modern rendition of it).

Although I don't think the rest of the team will end up being costume-types, aside from maybe Nightshade and "not-member" Nighthawk, which I guess fits the tone and style of the book.

Astonishing Member

I am enjoying it quite a bit. Best Pacheco I have seen in awhile. Walker is expertly walking that fine line between street level and super hero.