Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaiyt View Post
    The Predator snipes him out from ****-off metres away while he's busy trying to fend off Jason and the Terminator.
    Unless he builds himself that bunker someone mentioned earlier in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Does hiding in a bunker and refusing to come out count as a stalemate or a forfeit?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Does hiding in a bunker and refusing to come out count as a stalemate or a forfeit?
    Not if you're in there setting off remote traps and lobbing explosives.

I must have watched a completely different show. Walter White had some great moments here and there, but he was also ludicrously incompetent on numerous other occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I must have watched a completely different show. Walter White had some great moments here and there, but he was also ludicrously incompetent on numerous other occasions.
    See, that occurred to me too, but then I realized that all those times Walt was (sometimes comically) incompetent, he was caught completely off-guard and had all of ~5 minutes to plan something. He's really, really bad in those situations.

But all his best stuff came from when he had the longest time to plan - the machine gun, the fulminated mercury, etc. With an entire year and tens of millions of dollars, I'm confident he could come up with the stuff we've listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Unless he builds himself that bunker someone mentioned earlier in the thread.
    If it's that sort of an "Anything Goes" scenario, any Terminator is just going to go after White's family.

If they do that, lots of the advantage White might have had are probably out the window.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Yeah, the millions of dollars also can't be understated. He could potentially just hire a bunch of really great body guards, with payment promised on destruction of the enemy, and potentially get through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Yeah, the millions of dollars also can't be understated. He could potentially just hire a bunch of really great body guards, with payment promised on destruction of the enemy, and potentially get through it.
    I seriously doubt anyone who makes a buck off of killing is going to see that through. It's tough to spend your millions from a coffin.

Incredible Member

I am still waiting on a logical explanation for how any of these enemies get through my example?
    We can all say "Walter loses" but unless someone has feats of a T-800 or a Predator actually killing someone inside of a highly fortified building, with fully automatic weapons, explosives, and various traps and such, I do not see how Walter loses.
    He has an entire year to stockpile food and weapons. The things are coming for him, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    I am still waiting on a logical explanation for how any of these enemies get through my example?
    We can all say "Walter loses" but unless someone has feats of a T-800 or a Predator actually killing someone inside of a highly fortified building, with fully automatic weapons, explosives, and various traps and such, I do not see how Walter loses.
    He has an entire year to stockpile food and weapons. The things are coming for him, not the other way around.
    Easy.

Terminators don't always go straight on.

If a terminator grabs his family, the other things won't do him much good.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Easy.

Terminators don't always go straight on.

And in a year of Prep, a guy who is more intelligent than any real world human would not put his family in said bunker?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If such a thing is allowed - which, honestly, I think necessitates clarification from the OP - then yeah, that's likely to throw Walt into Incompetent Panicking Fuckup Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    See, that occurred to me too, but then I realized that all those times Walt was (sometimes comically) incompetent, he was caught completely off-guard and had all of ~5 minutes to plan something. He's really, really bad in those situations.
    ^This
    Walter simply isn't a tactician. He's a skilled scientist, manipulator, and strategist. A tactician? Not so much.

And in a year of Prep, a guy who is more intelligent than any real world human would not put his family in said bunker?
    About that bit in bold...

Was he so intelligent that the show's final season never came to pass?

More intelligent than any real-world human? What?? Who exactly are we talking about here? 'Cause it sure as hell isn't Walt. There's a few orders of magnitude in between him and, say, your average comic super-scientist.