Default What Pandora said...

Barry: I... I need to run back into the timestream but...
    Barry: I see Three Timelines. Why? (Vertigo, Wildstorm and DCU)
    Pandora: Because the History of Heroes was shattered into three long ago.
    Pandora: Splintered to weaken your world for their impending arrival
    Pandora: You must stand together. The Timelines must become one.
    Pandora: You can help me fix that Barry but at a cost.

What was the cost and did it go away when she was killed? Who are the THEY that she spoke of? Did THEY kill her? Are they Manhattan and OZ or Apocalypse. Was the world Strengthened? (They kicked Darkseid's ass.) We still haven't answered all the questions from Flashpoint yet here's Both Convergence and Rebirth asking a ton more.

Its really hard to say because we really have no way of knowing at this point if this will have ANY bearing on future stories whatsoever ever again. It could be out entirely, hence the symbolism in killing the character off in the first place. That could be the last we ever hear of her for all we know.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Well, all I can say for sure is that Pandora seemed to recognize the mystery man who vaporized her in the Rebirth Special(presumably Dr. Manhattan) and I expect her to be retconned as having known about his plan to steal time or having some connection with him. It also seems kinda symbolic that the New 52 coming undone and she's the first one to get offed. But truthfully I think DC editorial intended for her to be the plot point behind merging the 3 timelines(and thus creating the new 52) sort of like how the harbinger was for COIE basically. Everything else about her is pretty much either retcon or ambiguous. I agree with Knight though that she has pretty much served her purpose at this point although it would be nice for DC to at least explain a little more of her motivations.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

What issue did that dialogue happen? The Rebirth special?

I doubt that what Pandora said there still matter, she became irrelevant after Trinity War.

What issue did that dialogue happen? The Rebirth special?
    At the end of Flashpoint when Barry was trying to fix the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its really hard to say because we really have no way of knowing at this point if this will have ANY bearing on future stories whatsoever ever again. It could be out entirely, hence the symbolism in killing the character off in the first place. That could be the last we ever hear of her for all we know.
    Ya well there's a term coined on a podcast I listen to that fits situations like this: Creative Douchebaggery.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I doubt that what Pandora said there still matter, she became irrelevant after Trinity War.

At the end of Flashpoint when Barry was trying to fix the timeline.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Ya well there's a term coined on a podcast I listen to that fits situations like this: Creative Douchebaggery.
    Yeah. What you guys said reminded me of the times when writers/DC plant some ideas to just completely abandon them shortly thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Thanks.

Yeah. What you guys said reminded me of the times when writers/DC plant some ideas to just completely abandon them shortly thereafter.
    Hate this with a passion. Don't give us this new, mysterious version of The Question when you, the writer, have no idea yourself where you're going with him. Suppose a better idea hits you, but you're already committed to what's on the printed page (which is just a vague idea, as you had no thought as to where you might take it, aside from that it 'looks cool')? I also hate when writers make relatively big changes or additions to a comic--changes or additions that really serve no purpose other than in the story that particular writer wanted to tell--only to have the next writer come along and go 'yeesh, what is this?!?' and totally ignore it (looking at you, Ian 'Nomad' Rogers, son of Captain America and the now 60-something Sharon Carter).
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/