Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm curious, Dr. Light fans how do you feel about Kimiyo being Arthur's wife in this timeline? Also, do you think she'll ever become Dr. Light again?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm curious, Dr. Light fans how do you feel about Kimiyo being Arthur's wife in this timeline? Also, do you think she'll ever become Dr. Light again?
    Don’t care for it. Don’t know what the chances are of her being Dr Light.

Hate it, but have either Kimiyo or Arthur Light been mentioned post-Rebirth? If not, I'm not sure I'd consider it settled information.

Anything can happen, but my bet is nothing will unless creators with real investment in the character revamp her character enough so that her origin isn't tied to a specific event like CoIE anymore.

That seemed like a really weird idea to me. Unless it was part of a story that was meant to turn her into a new Dr Light, it was a big disservice to the character, imo. Continuity seems to be "Manhattan shifting" lately, so hopefully after that's all done we can see a Kimiyo Dr Light who's a strong character that can stand on her own. I'd love to see her in a JLA lineup again.

Wait, Kimiyo is Teen Titans Dr Light's WIFE in the current continuity?

That's the stupidest goshforsaken thing I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Wait, Kimiyo is Teen Titans Dr Light's WIFE in the current continuity?

That's the stupidest goshforsaken thing I've ever heard.
    Wife and mother to his kids.

In my opinion, it would be best to forget about that version Kimiyo (let her be separate) and introduce a new Kimiyo Hoshi who can become Dr. Light with an updated origin.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-29-2018 at 07:59 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

If they felt a need to tie her to the other Dr Light and still have him around as a villain or whatever, I think it'd be interesting if they were contemporaries and scientific rivals, (in a Reed Richards/Doom kinda way) each gaining the powers and taking the name at the same time as part of their ongoing enmity. (it would also eliminate the problematic notion of Kimiyo taking the name and costume of a rapist)

Kimiyo has great potential and is League material, if they keep to her original personality and not all that followed. (Especially being the spouse of Dr. Light - it's so horribly on-the-nose for this character and an idea in which too much interconnectivy fails, IMHO.)

I'm currently redoing my own version of The New 52/Rebirth/Post-Doomsday Clock (and all the titles and characters I'd launch) for funsies, and Kimiyo is definitely a member of one of my Justice League titles.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Wife and mother to his kids.

In my opinion, it would be best to forget about that version Kimiyo (let her be separate) and introduce a new Kimiyo Hoshi who can become Dr. Light with an updated origin.
    I never knew this. Leave it to the new 52 to make some stupid **** up.

This. Update her origin so it isn't Crisis dependent, then give her most of her PF history back.

This is kind of a tangent and a long-shot, but does anyone else remember the super Dr. Light fan that used to post on the old DC Comics official message boards? Can't for the life of me remember his screen name, but, man, did that guy have passion. Wonder whatever happened to him.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17