Page 80 of 155 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2312

Quote Originally Posted by Br_Havoc View Post
    I have been reading Superman its my favorite book right now. I really enjoyed Renew as a concept, I was a big Spidey fan in my teens when he was married then dropped it after OMD and the uneven and boring Brand New Day mess. So even when the first 12 issues of Renew where hit or miss, it was charming enough and gave me a taste of what I missed in Spider-Man. When I heard Jody Houser was coming on I was worried. Her writing has always been hit or miss for me, combine that with the time jump that took away so much potential in favor for something very cliche, It really killed my hype for the book. I went into issue 13 with low exceptions and it couldn't even hit them. The book was just a mess of bad art, and horrible characterization ( Especially how stupid Peter is).

I don't know who's idea it was for the time jump but it was a terrible one and unless they choose to go back, I don't see this book lasting very long.
    Superman is also my favorite book. Superman and Action are both fantastic. And Supersons too. I would never have imagined that kids can be so much fun. This from someone who did not care for kids like Robin who were making superhero stories infantile. But then i was not reading comics earlier so infantile might have been a wrong notion. At least Batman in other medium was good without Robin according to me. Whatever it might be such notions on kids and marriage was totally crushed by the one two punch of Superman and Action followed by Supersons.

If RYV is cancelled i would be sad. Its the only Spider-man book i am reading right now. Other books don't interest me even if i love Spider-man. Hopefully, it picks up steam. I was not as dissapointed as you but its true that i found the first issue underwhelming.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 12-01-2017 at 02:56 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Br_Havoc View Post
    In favor of something we've seen before in the pages of books like Spider Girl.
    I don't think it is really. In Spider-Girl, Peter, while caring, was more stern with Mayday and was a handicap. MJ had no powers and was a concerned mother who often flip-flopped on her support of her daughter, and Teen Annie sounds like she'll be different and more ill-tempered than Mayday. They're not retreading old ground here.

Fantastic Member

I was a bit harsh on #13 and while my criticism regarding the time jump still stand, I am more positive towards 13 than I was. The art in that preview looks good and I think Houser has a more solid plan than Stegman and Conway did. I just hope the book lasts long enough for her to execute it. I love her excitement and can’t wait to read 14

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I don't think it is really. In Spider-Girl, Peter, while caring, was more stern with Mayday and was a handicap. MJ had no powers and was a concerned mother who often flip-flopped on her support of her daughter, and Teen Annie sounds like she'll be different and more ill-tempered than Mayday. They're not retreading old ground here.
    Also, the rest of the superhero community. In RYV it's similar to modern Earth-616, as we've seen with Wolverine and Iron Man, whereas in MC2, it was like a next generation thing. Captain America was replaced by American Dream, a female legacy hero. Cassie Lang, at a time before her 616 version gained powers as Stature, had taken on the identity of Stinger, effectively replacing the Wasp. There was a bunch of other new heroes too, including a heroic version of Juggernaut called J2 (notable because he had his own book). Of course, due to being launched 19 years ago, most of the more modern heroes are missing, though Anya Corazon did appear, having never lost her Arana identity (she only became Spider-Girl in 616 after Mayday's book was finally cancelled). If it had launched today, it would probably have had things like a Kamala Khan Captain Marvel and the Champions would probably have evolved into something like the Uncanny Avengers.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-01-2017 at 07:21 AM.

BANNED

That commission looks good! I wonder how Spinneret and Spider-Gwen would react to each other if they met?

...I hope the Spinneret look gets a redesign at some point.

But, hey, it's cool to see MJ interacting with the other Spider-Ladies, since that would never happen in 616.

very cute
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Not the best art I've ever seen but it is nice to see those three girls in the same cover together in their superhero costumes.

I'm a HUGE fan of these three superheroes! Gwen got me into comics, Cindy was amoung my first 5 series I read and enjoyed till her series ended (hoping she will appear agian on a team vs limbo), and this version of MJ is possibly one of my favorites if not my top favorite version of MJ thus far.

Wonderful commission and artwork. Very enjoyable and nice to see the three enjoying themselves and the support milkshake (which has become a symbol of support for female employees/creators just to be in the comic industry after that milkshake event this year).

Enjoying both the Spider-Gwen series/character and the RYV I'm wondering when the two will meet up.

All-New Member

Why did Gerry Conway (and then Ryan Stegman) leave the series?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rrb View Post
    Why did Gerry Conway (and then Ryan Stegman) leave the series?
    A good question. For another time

(oh god, now I'm quoting Force Awakens)

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Heh ladies in white (kinda ), nice art. It would be fun to see these 3 interact.
    (Is that Peter in the back LOL)

A good question. For another time

(oh god, now I'm quoting Force Awakens)
    That had some really good quotes for everyday life, though.

"Thanks for that."

"Tell that to Kanjiklub."

"First I've heard of it."
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Fantastic Member

Got the v2 trade today. Nice book, light on extras, but looking forward to revisiting the first 12 (15) issues and see how they read when collected as graphic novels