Page 145 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2312

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Uh... apparently it's NOT a variant?
    I imagine it's a mistake. The cover is listed from Yamine Putri, but this cover was done by Jeff Dekal. Either it was moved to be a main/variant for #3 or it's still a variant for #1 but they sent the wrong pic.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    ...Whenever someone calls a clone "not real" it really rubs me the wrong way. Because you wouldn't say that an identical twin wasn't real. I don't recall the stuff with the two Gwens interacting, but I think your thoughts here are spot on as well.
    Usually, it is characters who have been cloned who say that. They are understandably angry about their sense of self being violated. If, however, the behavior persists I don't give them a pass (like Superman in regards to Superboy during the cartoon Young Justice). Oh, and Otto says such things but he's a jerk so...
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-18-2018 at 07:46 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Bit of a messy final issue, not just art, but the story was incredibly rushed and the Parkers didn't do anything. The car saw more action.

Ah, I didn't know about Anya being in a cartoon.

Is it bad that I don't really care about people knowing about Spinneret, as long as they know classic MJ?
    Yeah, the current Spider-Man cartoon has four main cast members - Peter, Miles, Gwen and Anya. They adapted Spider-Island last year in which we got Spider-Gwen. She's now depowered, but it turned out Anya kept hers (that event was how she got her current powers in the comics, so it was a faithful adaptation), and she recently debuted as Spider-Girl. A jealous Gwen was her secret keeper.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bit of a messy final issue, not just art, but the story was incredibly rushed and the Parkers didn't do anything. The car saw more action.
    It did feel a bit rushed compared to the others issues in this story arc that had better pacing.

With Peter (faking about how he felt about that car) asking Normie for a replacement possible origins for the Spider-buggie? Normie and Peter loving it (no sense of fasion or taste) but MJ and Annie not.

In a way, I'll grant you, but there aren't enough really great moments for MJ in RYV (because of weak writing and the over-focus on Annie) for me to be that attached. I do love the way Stegman drew her, and Houser gave her a really great moment with Annie telling her about May, but it's a bit too little, too late (assuming that the title is done).
    I'm on the other side of this.
    I began reading comics in late 2014 and this version of MJ is my personal favourite thus far. While other MJs has had great moments and I love and a huge fan of multiversal 'MJ' this one version has hit the marks of majority of my hopes (not all but what matters the most to me).
    Treated as a partner, shoulders equal responsibility with Peter, had key issues she was the forcus on to see into her own mindset, and great superhero by herself too. When she makes mistakes (which happen as humans) she gets called out for it and when she does great she gets praised in non over the top ways unlike other MJs. One of my favorites recent issues was when Peter and MJ went on a cruise. That was fun, action, funny, and heartwarming. Seeing MJ lose it at the snobs snapping I can feel for (yet still laugh a bit). Also for the times we seen MJs lament or comment negatively about Peter as Spider-man on the cruise after saying no costumes seeing both MJ and Peter packed theirs and MJ was quick to pull it out and jump to action with a passion showed how different she was from her own hero experiences and now both Peter and MJ were connected in answering the call to action and help (furthering the bonds bewtween them then push away).
    This MJ has been MY MJ. 616 MJ I want to be further invested in and care about like her but yet to. 616 isn't my favorite plus looking into the time and issue factors in comparison 616 MJ has had tons of issues and time that helped her plus lives on 616 but RYV MJ has had far less yet left a more impact with me and I'm a huge fan of hers. With all the talks of characters possibility going to 616 I want this family to live and maybe make the move if it means they continue.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Usually, it is characters who have been cloned who say that. They are understandably angry about their sense of self being violated. If, however, the behavior persists I don't give them a pass (like Superman in regards to Superboy during the cartoon Young Justice). Oh, and Otto says such things but he's a jerk so...
    And now a hypocrite because he's "technically" a clone as well.

As for the RYV, I really hope the title resumes or relaunches in some form after Spider-Girls. A Fresh Start would be just the thing this series needs, especially given that there's still so much left to explore. Besides how the X-Men have evolved and grown in a world that has come to at least tolerate, if not accept, them, there's also the Fantastic Four --- who were Spidey's first superhero family before he made his own with MJ and Annie --- and even the Avengers. Hell, the Avengers have been almost nonentities in the RYV world, which is rather shocking not only given their predominance since the success of their first movie (actually somewhat refreshing, by the way), but also because in RYV canon, they're supposed to be the ones enforcing the self-policing idea that keeps the government from passing something like or worse than the Superhuman Registration Act that caused the superhero Civil War in the main continuity. You'd think they'd have something to say about Peter's then-eight-year-old daughter and (mostly) untrained civilian wife joining him in crime-fighting. Somewhat more importantly, though, it's a total missed opportunity that we didn't see the other X-Men (besides Logan and Jean) with kids, or have Annie introduced to Franklin and Valeria Richards, or a team-up with the Power Pack or even the Avengers' kids.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

RYV's finale made it to number 30 on the Comixology new releases chart

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...ist-nightwing/

RYV's finale made it to number 30 on the Comixology new releases chart

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...ist-nightwing/
    Not a bad way to end if this is indeed the end.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And now a hypocrite because he's "technically" a clone as well.

As for the RYV, I really hope the title resumes or relaunches in some form after Spider-Girls. A Fresh Start would be just the thing this series needs, especially given that there's still so much left to explore. Besides how the X-Men have evolved and grown in a world that has come to at least tolerate, if not accept, them, there's also the Fantastic Four --- who were Spidey's first superhero family before he made his own with MJ and Annie --- and even the Avengers. Hell, the Avengers have been almost nonentities in the RYV world, which is rather shocking not only given their predominance since the success of their first movie (actually somewhat refreshing, by the way), but also because in RYV canon, they're supposed to be the ones enforcing the self-policing idea that keeps the government from passing something like or worse than the Superhuman Registration Act that caused the superhero Civil War in the main continuity. You'd think they'd have something to say about Peter's then-eight-year-old daughter and (mostly) untrained civilian wife joining him in crime-fighting. Somewhat more importantly, though, it's a total missed opportunity that we didn't see the other X-Men (besides Logan and Jean) with kids, or have Annie introduced to Franklin and Valeria Richards, or a team-up with the Power Pack or even the Avengers' kids.
    All great questions! Sadly,as much as I would want a relaunch of this series I don’t think it will happen.
    However, I hope I am wrong. Guess we will have to wait and see after spidergeddon and spider girls.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Not in it's current form anyway. I guess the January solicits will reveal if Spider-Girls #3 is the end of RYV's continuity and Houser's run or not. Since the timeskip, Annie's been saying Spiderling is babyish and she needs a new name. Based on Peter's adjective usage in RYV #23 and the fact she's about to meet Mayday and Anya, the MC2 and 616 Spider-Girls, could Annie get a solo book as the Spectacular Spider-Girl?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not in it's current form anyway. I guess the January solicits will reveal if Spider-Girls #3 is the end of RYV's continuity and Houser's run or not. Since the timeskip, Annie's been saying Spiderling is babyish and she needs a new name. Based on Peter's adjective usage in RYV #23 and the fact she's about to meet Mayday and Anya, the MC2 and 616 Spider-Girls, could Annie get a solo book as the Spectacular Spider-Girl?
    That sounds very plausible.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

If Annie gets her own title, I fear that will mean RYV Peter will be killed and MJ will retire as she shared her powers with Pete, and the book will focus on the two women trying to make ends meet without Peter around.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

If Annie gets her own title, I fear that will mean RYV Peter will be killed and MJ will retire as she shared her powers with Pete, and the book will focus on the two women trying to make ends meet without Peter around.
    Pretty much am with Miles to Go. And honestly, even if Peter isn't killed, I have less than no interest in a Spider-Girl title in the RYV universe. I'm here for Peter and MJ - Annie is important to me because she's important to them, not independent.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED