Page 132 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2312

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wouldn't that make the Parkers significantly older than they appear, though?
    Nick Roche pointed out that he designed the Parkers to have taken really good care of themselves

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Nick Roche pointed out that he designed the Parkers to have taken really good care of themselves
    Well, they would be maintaining pretty active lifestyles and I could see them being younger than they look.

Has it bee officially indicated that the series diverged from 616 post-'90s Clone Saga? I've recall a lot of the clues and earlier comments seemed to suggest that the earlier writers seemed to be imagining that the '90s unfolded a lot different from ASM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ben was mentioned in this week's issue, so yeah, the divergence is AFTER Clone Saga.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ben was mentioned in this week's issue, so yeah, the divergence is AFTER Clone Saga.
    Yet Harry and Liz were divorced before he died something that did happen in Earth 616 and Harry died before the second clone saga.

The way I see it, the timeline diverged at the wedding as even the wedding photos look different.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Realistic he mental, emotional and physical stresses f being a superhero would age every hero who hasn't got a healing factor so you kind of have to roll with it a bit. Really Spider-Man's face should look like a boxer's at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Does it matter? They're never depicted as older looking.

Besides, nobody ever has said there was a massive time gap between the Clone Saga and JMS' era. It was probably just a year or so.
    Actually it was more than that.

The first post-Clone Saga issue (Spec #241) happened a month after the CS ended.

We do not know how much time elapsed between Spec #241 and the PPSM #98 (the last part of Final Chapter) nor how much time elapsed between then and ASM vol 2 #1 (first issue of the Mackie/Byrne reboot).

However given that the Clone Saga ended on Halloween and they go through Christmas relativly early in the Post-Clone Saga era and by the time of the Reboot MJ has re-established her modelling career (there are even billboards of her up and she's on tv), the Parkers are settled in a new apartment and everyone is just over the fact that Aunt May came back to life I think we'd have to add 3-4 months minimum onto the end of the Clone Saga and that's a conservative estimate.

We then have the time period between ASM vol 2 #1 and ASM vol 2 #13 which again would be 1-2 months at a conservative estimate (esp considering there were 2 titles at the time).

MJ 'died' in ASM vol 2 #13 and around the time she came back was stated that she had been dead for 6 months. In that same story her kidnapper claimed that he went nuts a year ago and in a flashback we see a battle between Spidey and the Goblin.

This could have been either the end of the Clone Saga or the Final Chapter. Both Green Goblin stories where Spidey battled Norman publically, both written by Mackie.

However it makes a lot more sense to presume it was in fact the Final Chapter. If not then we are saying that everything between Spec #241-ASM vol 2 #13 occurred across just 5 months, including an off panel time skip. That's cramming stories ranging from 1996-2000 into just 5 months which is pretty ridiculous.

So it makes more sense to presume everything between PPSM #98-ASM vol 2 #13 (including that time skip) happened across 6 months. This especially makes sense since there was an anthology book during that time with even more Spider-Man stories and ASM vol 2 #1 begins with people wondering just what the heck happened to Spider-Man along with Mattie Franklin having launched her career as the fake Spider-Man. She was wearing a fake muscle suit and was clearly not learning to use her powers on the fly so she must have had some time to get herself set up. Hence a 6 month gap works better over all.

It also makes sense because in Mackie's last issue ASM Annual 2001 MJ references 'all the stuff they've been through' across the previous year. True that could include the miscarriage, Norman's return as well as everything in the Mackie/Byrne reboot. But since the annual was an ending to the Reboot era status quo and was dealing with the aftermath of MJ's kidnapping (which was a Reboot era thing) and Peter and MJ's marriage was having problems before that during the reboot (but not really during the post-clone saga era) it thematically would make a lot more sense if she was referring to everything since May came back. Her modelling career was negatively impacting upon their marriage too and that was seen from the start of the reboot, hence one of the reasons (in her mind, the issue doesn't make sense really) that they were breaking up.

We then have another time skip into the JMS run because Peter has set himself up in a new apartment havign moved out of his and Randy's.

So over all between the Clone Saga and the start of the JMS run at the very, very least almost 18 months had elapsed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    So over all between the Clone Saga and the start of the JMS run at the very, very least almost 18 months had elapsed
    Wasn't too far off the mark then, a year and six months tops.

BANNED

RYV#20 was number 30 in the new releases chart on Comixology

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06...e-2018-marvel/

Astonishing Member

I like that in the last cover, MJ is finally letting her hair down. She looks much better like this in her spider-costume. Problem is, I don't know if this will make her more easy to deduce her secret identity. The same problem can be applied to Annie, after all.

Once this clone saga is solved, and if they don't make "links" with Spidergeddon, what else do you think we could see in this reality? I have a few clues:
    + To discover where the Venom's symbiote is.
    + To see the potential return (and revenge) of the Regent.
    + A "Spider-Verse" trip where the Spider-Family visits other dimensions. (One of them has to be MC2's Spider-Girl).
    + A variation of "Spider-Island"? It could solve MJ's problems with "not having her own powers".
    + Mrs January, the one who used the "Mecha-Goblin" should return too, and maybe she will become something like "Fury, the Goblin Queen" from MC2.
    + Maybe in this world there will be a "bride" too (Cindy Moon, A.K.A. Silk), so it would be funny to see the problem of how Silk uses to "influence" Peter when they are near each other. This time, we are talking about a married Spider-Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    + Maybe in this world there will be a "bride" too (Cindy Moon, A.K.A. Silk), so it would be funny to see the problem of how Silk uses to "influence" Peter when they are near each other. This time, we are talking about a married Spider-Man.
    I think Marvel would rather we just forget all about that. Lord knows I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I like that in the last cover, MJ is finally letting her hair down. She looks much better like this in her spider-costume. Problem is, I don't know if this will make her more easy to deduce her secret identity. The same problem can be applied to Annie, after all.
    True. We've seen in flashbacks that before switching to her current hairstyle, she had a ponytail. Wouldn't people who knew Annie have noticed that Annie and Spiderling both debuted the same new haircut at around the same time? I never understood how Silk avoided getting busted for this either when she bobbed her own hair to escape from Black Cat. Cindy turned up for work next day with a new short haircut, and somehow nobody noticed Silk's hair had been cut short at the same time?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    RYV#20 was number 30 in the new releases chart on Comixology

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06...e-2018-marvel/
    That probably isn't a good ranking, right? (30th of the week is roughly equivalent to 120th in a month, unless I'm understanding it wrong.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

True. We've seen in flashbacks that before switching to her current hairstyle, she had a ponytail. Wouldn't people who knew Annie have noticed that Annie and Spiderling both debuted the same new haircut at around the same time? I never understood how Silk avoided getting busted for this either when she bobbed her own hair to escape from Black Cat. Cindy turned up for work next day with a new short haircut, and somehow nobody noticed Silk's hair had been cut short at the same time?
    Which is why I prefer full coverage face masks or else hair dye for those with longer hair styles.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

You mean like Batwoman's wig?

You mean like Batwoman's wig?
    That can work too.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."