Page 76 of 155 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2312

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I've appreciated the time we've had with RYV. Ideally I'd love for it to continue, and Marvel do seem keen on it factoring into their Legacy wave, I just worry the audience that were loyal to the big names won't feel compelled to attach themselves to Jodie and Nick. Jodie's also starting to develop a bit of a "rep" with the online Youtuber comics critic community also, I just hope her bad publicity with them doesn't detract readers.
    Is the Youtube comic community that powerful?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's gotten so bad that one Youtuber who managed to get a hold of Dan Slott for a livestream chat was grilling him about the doxxing and blocking he was giving to people who were followers of Diversity and Comics. It's all they've been talking about today, especially after Dan called them a bunch of "pixels".
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-14-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I've appreciated the time we've had with RYV. Ideally I'd love for it to continue, and Marvel do seem keen on it factoring into their Legacy wave, I just worry the audience that were loyal to the big names won't feel compelled to attach themselves to Jodie and Nick. Jodie's also starting to develop a bit of a "rep" with the online Youtuber comics critic community also, I just hope her bad publicity with them doesn't detract readers.
    I hope so, too, especially since some, if not a lot, of these critics you're referencing seem to have a bone to pick with comics catering (or trying to cater) to certain other audiences --- not-so-slight emphasis on "other" --- by taking their issues, concerns, and experiences (whether regarding the industry or society in general) more seriously. I can understand the point about not letting righteous speechifying get in the way of telling a good story about superheroes punching out super-villains, and balancing being topical with remembering what the readers who check out comics want to see from them in the first place (again, superheroes punching out super-villains), though. I also understand the feeling that the classic Marvel superheroes aren't being respected enough or are even being treated as problematic by modern Marvel in its push for greater inclusivity in its superhero roster, perhaps more reflective of the changing fabric and makeup of contemporary society. What I don't understand is why some of these guys are so vehemently vitriolic in how they address these issues that it borders on virulently hateful, especially toward actual people.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It's gotten so bad that one Youtuber who managed to get a hold of Dan Slott for a livestream chat was grilling him about the doxxing and blocking he was giving to people who were followers of Diversity and Comics. It's all they've been talking about today, especially after Dan called them a bunch of "pixels".
    This doesn't answer if they have the power to save or sink a comic. All it says is not nice things about them as a community.

I think that they think they are. Personally, I'd be surprised if they have that much of an effect on buyers as a whole.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That seems a tad too low for my liking .
    To be honest I dropped the series as I have zero interest in reading Spidergirl 2.0. I know people say it is different, but I'm very disappointed with the new direction & time skip in general.

On a related note, I think I might take a break from all things Spidey comics, other than Miles, related for awhile. I don't need the negativity in my life, and frankly, Peter Parker is unrecognizable as his former self and toxic right now. Batman over at DC, on the other hand, is firing on all cylinders and I'm greatly enjoying the books. When I read them I never feel cheated out of my money afterward, for example, something I cannot say about Spider-Man books.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-15-2017 at 09:51 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'm really enjoying this series, and i'm looking forward to the Legacy time jump...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GMiller View Post
    I'm really enjoying this series, and i'm looking forward to the Legacy time jump...
    Nice to hear you're excited. As much as I loved the Conway/Stegman era, I was always a bit critical of little Annie Parker endangering herself...I don't see quite the problem with her being all grown up the way others are, and I like the idea of Peter and MJ having another half-decade under their belt as a married couple so long as they're not too aged by it.

Nice to hear you're excited. As much as I loved the Conway/Stegman era, I was always a bit critical of little Annie Parker endangering herself...I don't see quite the problem with her being all grown up the way others are, and I like the idea of Peter and MJ having another half-decade under their belt as a married couple so long as they're not too aged by it.
    They should be in their late 30s/early 40s post-timeskip.

BANNED

They should be in their late 30s/early 40s post-timeskip.
    Yeah, MJ said they were in their early thirties back in RYV#5

BANNED

Preview up

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...-your-vows-13/

Peter and Annie argue over the relevance of "Smooth Criminal", Annie swears, and it sounds like she's really tired of the Spiderling alias now.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-16-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Preview up

Peter and Annie argue over the relevance of "Smooth Criminal", Annie swears, and it sounds like she's really tired of the Spiderling alias now.
    How dare she disrespect Smooth Criminal? She deserves to get grounded for that.

Preview up

I can't think of any teenager who would want to be called "Spiderling." I can't think of many kids who'd be okay with that name to begin with .

Sounds like Annie is going through that "teenage phase."

Art and writing seem solid so far.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    How dare she disrespect Smooth Criminal? She deserves to get grounded for that.
    Smooth Criminal is a good song (one of Jackson's better efforts) but it's not so good that she deserves to be grounded over it LOL.

Astonishing Member

Geez! I think this proves humanity has gone too quickly these last decades. I was born back in 80's and I'm just in my 30's, and I still remember things from those decades, like Michael Jackson, the VHS, the cassettes, the walkman (just like Star-Lord's), "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends"... etc. For me, those times are still like they were just yesterday.

However, the youngest ones nowadays speak of those things like they were from a century ago. (OK, technically, they are from the previous century, but not 100 years ago). Kids nowadays should learn to respect things than came before them. It's like they believe we were in the stone age before all Internet, tablets and cellphones' stuff!! A little respect!!