Page 99 of 155 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2312

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    RYV didn't make the top 100 again.
    Time to call the Spider-Marriage fans so they can panicaly buy more issues again

Eh, there were four Avengers issues instead of three, so that's one explained. Damage and Silencer from DC are both new books, another two places justified. Legion actually placed at 100. I think we can call that X book a flop - but it still knocked RYV (as well as Scarlet Spider, Gwen, and Champions) down a place. I bet the sales numbers will be similar to last month - and new launches explain the lower position. Positions don't matter, it's the actual sales estimate we need to look at.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Eh, there were four Avengers issues instead of three, so that's one explained. Damage and Silencer from DC are both new books, another two places justified. Legion actually placed at 100. I think we can call that X book a flop - but it still knocked RYV (as well as Scarlet Spider, Gwen, and Champions) down a place. I bet the sales numbers will be similar to last month - and new launches explain the lower position. Positions don't matter, it's the actual sales estimate we need to look at.
    In terms of single issues anyway, Scarlet Spider did well in the trade charts.

BANNED

Tom Brevoort on Twitter (posted this in the "Brevoort talks marriage" thread also)

On the one hand, it feels wrong to me that so many comics are about super heroes getting married and having children and being parents. On the other hand, this may be a natural evolution as the mean audience age gets higher.
    https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...01781673664512

RYV didn't make the top 100 again.
    It will be what it will be.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

19k. Not great.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Read issue 16 today. Boy is Annie cold to Peter in this one.

BANNED

Jodie Houser has landed a writing gig for Doctor Who..being one of several female talents to work on the female 13th Doctor

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...doctor-comics/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Read issue 16 today. Boy is Annie cold to Peter in this one.
    Yeah, but in all fairness, what teenager hasn't wanted some space from their parents at some point in their lives? What teenager hasn't been cold and insensitive to their parents' emotional vulnerabilities at some point in their adolescence? The whole point of that stage in life is trying to develop an independent identity from one's parents, so as unfair as she was to Peter, I could understand it in that context. Still, I'm pretty sure the arc is being set up to teach her a valuable lesson in not being so quick to pull away from her parents, especially if or when her attempt to control/manage the current situation blows up in her face.

Jodie Houser has landed a writing gig for Doctor Who..being one of several female talents to work on the female 13th Doctor

I hope she does well and that it doesn't bite into doing Renew Your Vows.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, but in all fairness, what teenager hasn't wanted some space from their parents at some point in their lives? What teenager hasn't been cold and insensitive to their parents' emotional vulnerabilities at some point in their adolescence? The whole point of that stage in life is trying to develop an independent identity from one's parents, so as unfair as she was to Peter, I could understand it in that context. Still, I'm pretty sure the arc is being set up to teach her a valuable lesson in not being so quick to pull away from her parents, especially if or when her attempt to control/manage the current situation blows up in her face.
    Maybe it's just because Mayday wasn't like this that I'm making unfair comparisons. Annie got started a lot earlier, so her ego will be bigger and her maturity less so because of it.

Which means a writer called Jody is writing about a character played by another Jodie on TV, lol.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Maybe it's just because Mayday wasn't like this that I'm making unfair comparisons. Annie got started a lot earlier, so her ego will be bigger and her maturity less so because of it.
    Pretty much. Annie's been a superhero since childhood and had her powers all her life instead of discovering them in mid-adolescence like Mayday did, so of course she's got more of a swelled head and thinks she's got it all figured out already. Given last issue, I'm thinking this is going to be a major aspect of her character growth, learning that her parents (particularly her dad, who's been a superhero for roughly 30 years by this point in-universe) are smarter and wiser than she thinks they are and that sometimes, she's better off leaning on them for help or counsel than trying to do it all on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which means a writer called Jody is writing about a character played by another Jodie on TV, lol.
    Ha, yes, difference in spelling aside. That certainly sounds like fun.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Time skip undone?

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN RENEW YOUR VOWS #19 LEG
    PARKER FAMILY VACATION BEGINS NOW! 401k? Insurance? Vacation Days? When you’re a superhero, benefits aren’t usually part of the care package. But Peter and Mary Jane Parker have been saving up for a “just the two of us” vacation since Annie was born, and they aren’t going to let trouble – no matter how catastrophic – get in their way! Now all they need is to find a good babysitter… A one-shot Spider-Family Adventure taking place BEFORE the events of “8 Years Later…” (STL079566)
    32pgs SRP: $3.99
    Also, the next trade collects "Eight Years Later" and "Fast Times At Midtown High" together, but not this issue, so that could mean there's more issues planned down the line
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-22-2018 at 06:45 AM.

Begins now... one-shot... isn't that contradictory?

Time skip undone?

Also, the next trade collects "Eight Years Later" and "Fast Times At Midtown High" together, but not this issue, so that could mean there's more issues planned down the line
    Y'know this is weird, this kind of story seems more fitting for an annual.