Page 10 of 155 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, true enough.

Nice to see that the RYV series is already getting cosplayer fans despite being less than half a year old.
    I've seen a few on a Facebook Group I frequent, called The Spidey Society, and of course there's lots and lots of lovely fanart.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Nice pic. That's some quality mother/daughter bonding time. Can't wait to see more from this series.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Peter swings into action (and you can just about make Wolvie next to him)

https://twitter.com/RyanStegman/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Spider-Man/Wolverine team-up! I have missed those!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Great pics there. Yeah, as much as we can bag on Slott for the decisions he's made with Spidey, can't really deny that we wouldn't have Renew Your Vows without him.
    true that
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Nate Stockman reminds us RYV#5 has everything and it's out next week

https://twitter.com/StockmanNate/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

I don't mind if the actually pull a Rebirth here.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I don't mind if the actually pull a Rebirth here.
    as in have the RYV Parkers replace the ASM ones in 616? I doubt that's a good idea; Marvel OMD-ed ASM so it could fit what they think ASM is about; as a subseries about a family, RYV is safer from getting screwed up by the soulless minions of orthodoxy from on high (Star Trek joke, no offense intended) because the family is unarguably a core piece to the series.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    as in have the RYV Parkers replace the ASM ones in 616? I doubt that's a good idea; Marvel OMD-ed ASM so it could fit what they think ASM is about; as a subseries about a family, RYV is safer from getting screwed up by the soulless minions of orthodoxy from on high (Star Trek joke, no offense intended) because the family is unarguably a core piece to the series.
    Sometimes I think with how they currently treat their 616 roster such as making Captain Marvel a bigot, killing X-Men off to showcase inhumans which makes them look awful, just murdering people left and right and just making kids go vanishing and their AU future self just appearing...it maybe for the best we keep RYV in it's own little spot in the world.

Would I love a Rebirth like that for Spider-Man? Yes. But I have a feeling that Marvel would do something terrible to it just to up some shock value. They'd probably kill Annie off to start Civil War 3.

Gerry is given more creative freedom in this AU and it kinda shows. 616 is very restrictive as to what you can and cannot write at times. In fact, RYV is kinda like Marvel heaven. Do you really want a happy married slightly classic iconic Peter Parker Spider-Man in a world with 95% of the X-Men dead with chaos happening every month? Or do we want this in a universe where we still have a classic X-Men team, Rhodey and Tony are still alive and non comadead, Captain Marvel isn't a monster and people haven't gone through drastic changes for the sake of events or for shock value.

I'm just waiting till we get to see the Avengers and the Fantastic 4! When the Avenger's happen, we will at least start learning a bit more as to how much of the original secretwars is part of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Sometimes I think with how they currently treat their 616 roster such as making Captain Marvel a bigot, killing X-Men off to showcase inhumans which makes them look awful, just murdering people left and right and just making kids go vanishing and their AU future self just appearing...it maybe for the best we keep RYV in it's own little spot in the world.

Would I love a Rebirth like that for Spider-Man? Yes. But I have a feeling that Marvel would do something terrible to it just to up some shock value. They'd probably kill Annie off to start Civil War 3.

Gerry is given more creative freedom in this AU and it kinda shows. 616 is very restrictive as to what you can and cannot write at times. In fact, RYV is kinda like Marvel heaven. Do you really want a happy married slightly classic iconic Peter Parker Spider-Man in a world with 95% of the X-Men dead with chaos happening every month? Or do we want this in a universe where we still have a classic X-Men team, Rhodey and Tony are still alive and non comadead, Captain Marvel isn't a monster and people haven't gone through drastic changes for the sake of events or for shock value.
    You basically said what I meant, but better.

I'm just waiting till we get to see the Avengers and the Fantastic 4!
    I heard one of the creators somewhere say that they wanted to have Johnny Storn guest-star somewhere along the line, so it's probably happen.

When the Avenger's happen, we will at least start learning a bit more as to how much of the original secretwars is part of this world.
    I could be wrong, but I understood it to be as follows:

In the RYV universe, Regent made an attempt to take over the world, but the Parkers stopped him, subsequently becoming the superhero team, as we see in the ongoing.

When the RYV universe was drawn into Battleworld, that changed the timeline somewhat (Regent was more successful and killed most of the superheroes, was trying to stop "God Doom," etc.), but many of the overall events were the same.

After Reed Richards help end Battleworld's existence and fix the multiverse, the Secret Wars RYV timeline was erased and the original one was restored, which is the version we see in the ongoing. So, we haven't seen yet how the story of stopping Regent played out in the original/restored timeline, just how it did in the altered one on Battleworld, but the two timelines are close enough that we don't need to see how the miniseries's version happened; just read the Secret Wars one and remember if there's a conflict, the new series is the accurate one.

(Not sure if that's what Marvel has in mind -- although Conway was upfront that his continuation would take liberties with the original's facts even if keeping the spirit consistent -- but I think my model does seem to make sense of the loose approach to canon. If that's too complicated, I'd basically treat RYV the ongoing as a reboot of RYV the miniseries. I will concede that the messy continuity is one thing I don't like about the series -- the backup stories in the first issue, although good, really don't help, to the point I think they are or should be non-canon -- and hope we get an official answer soon beyond they work together in broad strokes.)

BANNED

Issue Five preview up on the 'Vine

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...o/1100-156418/

Cake is Cake!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Regarding a team up with Mayday, I think it would be fun to have Gerry and Tom write that one, and make it where the MC2 May with a living dad and all is the one that plays a part in that story.

Also MC2 has a dimension hopping machine, thanks to the fantastic 5. As for story, well you could easily have it where May get tossed into the RYV world and runs into Annie and her mom. Villain wise, make it Mystero and you can play off the already established, he can hop around universes. Annie could insist on a sleep over and May gets to have a little sister for a while, giving her tips and probably helping her grow into a stronger Spiderling.

Per preview: Good old fashioned bank robbery, heck yes! Thank you Gerry and Ryan!
    Last edited by Darkspellmaster; 03-17-2017 at 12:34 AM.

Really looking forward to the X-men crossover. Can't wait to see Annie interact with Wolverine. Something tells me she'll give Jubilee a run for her money.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

http://www.newsarama.com/33666-marve...citations.html

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #8
    GERRY CONWAY (w) • RYAN STEGMAN (a/C)
    Variant Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
    • Mary Jane Watson-Parker has been saving the day as Spinneret, but at the cost of some of her husband’s powers. So she’s going to try something new…
    • That’s right, MARY JANE VENOM. It’s on!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Woah.

I'm a little worried. Hope that Conway writes in a way that makes sense.