Page 103 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2312

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well I can't say I blame Conway given how Mary Jane kept the thing even though getting it off should be easy just put her in front of a church bell or something and it comes off Marvel must have wanted the thing remain long enough for Mary Jane to take part in Venomverse which ended in a very lackluster fashion that I am horrified that it will still be continuing in Venomized which I hope is the end of it.
    She didn't know it was Venom, thought it was some bio-enhanced suit, and since both her and Peter believed Venom was dead, and the crazy technology we have in comics, not far fetched for her to believe it, when she realized the truth, Venom had almost full control over her anyways, so it wouldn't be that simple to get rid of it.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    She didn't know it was Venom, thought it was some bio-enhanced suit, and since both her and Peter believed Venom was dead, and the crazy technology we have in comics, not far fetched for her to believe it, when she realized the truth, Venom had almost full control over her anyways, so it wouldn't be that simple to get rid of it.
    Yeah but Venom's weakness was still around unless Liz had it modified in some way which they never said sonics should get it off her no problem sweat.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Yeah but Venom's weakness was still around unless Liz had it modified in some way which they never said sonics should get it off her no problem sweat.
    It probably still is sonics, but again, when MJ learned that she was wearing Venom, he already had control over her, so there was nothing else she could do, she only managed to fight it back once Spidey used Regent's tech to absorb its strength, and after that she had control over the symbiote, so there's the excuse of not needing an immediate need to remove it, though she should've done so ASAP, but they needed an excuse for Venomverse lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It probably still is sonics, but again, when MJ learned that she was wearing Venom, he already had control over her, so there was nothing else she could do, she only managed to fight it back once Spidey used Regent's tech to absorb its strength, and after that she had control over the symbiote, so there's the excuse of not needing an immediate need to remove it, though she should've done so ASAP, but they needed an excuse for Venomverse lol.
    Yeah but if Peter slips Venom will take over Mary Jane again and honestly that alone is so contrived it's not evne funny heck Peter should have joined her in Venomverse to keep the Symbiote from taking over her because it mainly works better when they are in close proximity to each other. It was a miserable excuse to include her in Venomverse.

Speculation on apparent comments by Conway about his reasons for leaving the book have been deleted until we get confirmation on what exactly it was that he said, and where he said it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

We KNOW where he said it. On a Spider-Talk podcast episode you need to be subscribed to a Patreon to be able to download.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We KNOW where he said it. On a Spider-Talk podcast episode you need to be subscribed to a Patreon to be able to download.
    I am unaware of anyone specifically saying that.

One guy asked if that's where the comment was made, but there was no explicit answer to the question.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I am unaware of anyone specifically saying that.

One guy asked if that's where the comment was made, but there was no explicit answer to the question.
    Yeah, I asked that specifically because I recall Spider-Talk advertised the podcast interview as being where Conway revealed why he left RYV, but so far we haven't gotten confirmation if that person had listened to the podcast.

Astonishing Member

I was thinking. The reality of "Renew Your Vows" is basically just like Earth-616 until before the start of the Civil War. Then, I can't avoid to think, if we could see the adaptations of some posterior arcs in this reality. For example:

+ Secret Invasion: Do you remember the Super-Skrull with the powers of the Sinister 6? It would be interesting, as far as I see, if the Spider-Family fights this guy. Funny fact, the Skrull part coul be replaced by a Goblin part, and there wouldn't be a bid difference.

+ Original Sin: I suppose Cindy Moon must be still trapped in this reality's bunker. So, how about if Cindy's powers are somehow removed from her and transfered to Mary Jane? I believe there was an old ally of Ezekiel who tried to do the same thing. So, Mary Jane as the "Bride" would be perfect. Not to mention Silk's abilities to make clothes would be useful for MJ's business.

+ Spider Island: This is another interesting plot. If not with Silk's powers, then how about if we have the Spider-Island arc in this reality? A stable infection of the Spider-Virus could also suit Mary Jane, just like what happened with Araña/Spider-Girl in the main reality.

+ Grim Hunt: The Kraven Family vs the Spider Family. Don't tell me this won't be interesting? Of course, if the Kravens dare to go too far, they will pay it... BIG TIME!!! I mean, imagine if they try to do with Annie what they did with Mattie Franklin. MJ and Peter surely will tear Kraven's wife apart, limb by limb.

+ Spider-Verse: We know this Peter Parker had a role in Spider-Verse, so a little "field trip" through the Spider-Verse would be interesting. Especially if they visit MC2's Earth.

+ Parker Industries: OK, stop right there. I'm not saying to apply the "Superior Spider-Junk" here, because I believe that's not the only way for Parker Industries to exist. So, how about if Peter inherits Ezekiel Sims' fortune and company? Now THAT would be more acceptable.

Well ,what do you think of these ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    + Spider-Verse: We know this Peter Parker had a role in Spider-Verse, so a little "field trip" through the Spider-Verse would be interesting. Especially if they visit MC2's Earth. ?
    We kind of got a follow-up with "Venomverse" focusing on RYV MJ taking a trip into the multiverse to help out fellow symbiotes and their hosts, and meeting 616 Venom

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I was thinking. The reality of "Renew Your Vows" is basically just like Earth-616 until before the start of the Civil War. Then, I can't avoid to think, if we could see the adaptations of some posterior arcs in this reality. For example:

+ Secret Invasion: Do you remember the Super-Skrull with the powers of the Sinister 6? It would be interesting, as far as I see, if the Spider-Family fights this guy. Funny fact, the Skrull part coul be replaced by a Goblin part, and there wouldn't be a bid difference.

+ Original Sin: I suppose Cindy Moon must be still trapped in this reality's bunker. So, how about if Cindy's powers are somehow removed from her and transfered to Mary Jane? I believe there was an old ally of Ezekiel who tried to do the same thing. So, Mary Jane as the "Bride" would be perfect. Not to mention Silk's abilities to make clothes would be useful for MJ's business.

+ Spider Island: This is another interesting plot. If not with Silk's powers, then how about if we have the Spider-Island arc in this reality? A stable infection of the Spider-Virus could also suit Mary Jane, just like what happened with Araña/Spider-Girl in the main reality.

+ Grim Hunt: The Kraven Family vs the Spider Family. Don't tell me this won't be interesting? Of course, if the Kravens dare to go too far, they will pay it... BIG TIME!!! I mean, imagine if they try to do with Annie what they did with Mattie Franklin. MJ and Peter surely will tear Kraven's wife apart, limb by limb.

+ Spider-Verse: We know this Peter Parker had a role in Spider-Verse, so a little "field trip" through the Spider-Verse would be interesting. Especially if they visit MC2's Earth.

+ Parker Industries: OK, stop right there. I'm not saying to apply the "Superior Spider-Junk" here, because I believe that's not the only way for Parker Industries to exist. So, how about if Peter inherits Ezekiel Sims' fortune and company? Now THAT would be more acceptable.

Well ,what do you think of these ideas?
    I like them a lot, though I would prefer to go with Spider-Island as the source of Mary Jane's spider-powers as opposed to harvesting them from Cindy "Silk" Moon. That said, it would be interesting if Peter and Mary Jane freed her from the bunker, or maybe in this reality, she was never bitten by the spider that bit Peter, so she lived a normal life and never had cause to interact with Peter. Kraven Family versus Spider-Family would be awesome, too, and there would be absolutely no mercy for the Kravens if they threatened Annie, though I'd really love to see Ana Kravinoff going up against Spiderling/Annie. And yeah, Ezekiel passing WebCorps on to Peter in his final will and testament would be a good way for Peter to end up with his own company without Otto Octavius body-jacking him and starting it himself.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

The author of the "Hellz Yeah" Spider-Blogs on Tumblr(who I believe does post here as Spidercide) listened to the Spider-Talk podcast and can verify that Gerry Conway did indeed leave RYV because of the mandate to make MJ Venom. This came after the office apparently went into panic mode as the book slumped in sales after just the first issue (though sales were bad for the company as a whole at the time), Conway was told the entire direction of the book was then called into question while he was working on Issue Six. He wanted smaller-scale stories about the family, and he was in no mood to play politics.

He also posted a transcript of what Conway had said on the podcast

There was this weird thing where the book was selling, but it had dropped off in sales. From the initial first issue. As had most of Marvel’s books by that point, but this had dropped off fairly dramatically. It had gone from a fairy high first issue sale where they had multiple covers and it had dropped down 20% or 30% so they were concerned about it.

And they looked and they saw that the variant cover with MJ as Venom had sold the best of all the covers. So they wanted to suddenly have Mary Jane become Venom that was what they wanted to do for the book.

And I was like ‘What? That’s not the book I signed up for’ I had signed up for a book about parents raising a small kid and the focus was going to be on the family and the small kid.

And they started questioning while we were still writing and producing issue six the whole direction of the book. And I was not interested in changing the direction of the book so early in the process. You know I figured let’s give it a year or two. We’re not talking about a book that wasn’t selling well enough to continue. We’re talking about a book that wasn’t selling well enough to make everybody else feel like it was the number one title that it should be in their minds.

But Marvel as a whole was going through a sales slump so it was just a weird situation. And I felt the reaction was too reactive to the marketplace and then we got sucked up into the Venomverse storyline where everything had to be tied to Venom and I just didn’t want to have to keep changing storylines to respond to marketing ideas that to me were less important than just developing a good series that people would find and embrace hopefully on its own terms.

I felt the people I left were in a bad situation where the marketing end of things were pushing them in directions that editorially they probably didn’t want to go.

I think Nick (Lowe)’s interest was in doing a book about this family and that was the book we were going to do.

But I’m at the point now where I just want to write the stories that I want to write. I want to tell the stories that I can be invested in as much as anyone else.
    https://hellzyeahthewebwieldingaveng...ng-spider-talk
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-19-2018 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The author of the "Hellz Yeah" Spider-Blogs on Tumblr(who I believe does post here as Spidercide) listened to the Spider-Talk podcast and can verify that Gerry Conway did indeed leave RYV because of the mandate to make MJ Venom. This came after the office apparently went into panic mode as the book slumped in sales after just the first issue (though sales were bad for the company as a whole at the time), Conway was told the entire direction of the book was then called into question while he was working on Issue Six. He wanted smaller-scale stories about the family, and he was in no mood to play politics.

Thanks for the excerpt.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Dang no wonder Renew Your Vows went downhill as the writers changed from Conway to Stegman who was inadequate, and now Jody Houser in this new direction. I think had they stayed the course and not panicked and let their fears get the best of them Renew Your Vows could be in a better place because Conway had a lots of solid ideas. And that was all for nothing. The Venom story had a good ending but it suffered from too many plot holes. I wonder whether they could confirm whether Conway wanted to use the Fantastic Four but was forced to take the X-Men instead.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-19-2018 at 07:52 AM.

Thanks for finding that.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets