Page 131 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2312
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Hope it continues this is the onyl alternative to seeing amarried Peter Parker and Mary Jane taken to the next level besides the newspaper comic.
    And even the newspaper comic has written MJ out of it for the time being.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And even the newspaper comic has written MJ out of it for the time being.
    At least they bring her back.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

At least they bring her back.
    Yeah, that's true. It'll take ages this time around though, she'll probably won't be back until the tail end of the year

Wow!!! What an issue! Really looking forward to where this arc is going.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Yeah, that's true. It'll take ages this time around though, she'll probably won't be back until the tail end of the year
    So it's a current story wow marriage fans are goign to have to learn to be really patient. Also this wasn't a bad issue at least Peter gets more of the spotlight this time.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

So it's a current story wow marriage fans are goign to have to learn to be really patient. Also this wasn't a bad issue at least Peter gets more of the spotlight this time.
    Yeah, I loved him chilling with Logan and referring to him as an "Amazing Friend"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, I loved him chilling with Logan and referring to him as an "Amazing Friend"
    And we get confirmation that The Clone Saga did happen in this reality, that Ben Reilly did exist (hopefully with a better fate or ending than 616 canon got). From there, I'm guessing the point of divergence between this and 616 was the superhero Civil War being averted by Charles Xavier and the Avengers persuading the government that superheroes could be trusted to police themselves, thus ensuring Spider-Man never felt the impetus to publicly reveal himself and thus endanger his family in such a way that it required a literal Faustian bargain to undo. That being said, with a clone of Annie running around wreaking havoc, I'm guessing that'll put the whole "self-policing" idea to the test, particularly given Spider-Man's historically dubious reputation with law enforcement and the press. Just wondering what Mister Sinister's endgame is here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And we get confirmation that The Clone Saga did happen in this reality, that Ben Reilly did exist (hopefully with a better fate or ending than 616 canon got). From there, I'm guessing the point of divergence between this and 616 was the superhero Civil War being averted by Charles Xavier and the Avengers persuading the government that superheroes could be trusted to police themselves, thus ensuring Spider-Man never felt the impetus to publicly reveal himself and thus endanger his family in such a way that it required a literal Faustian bargain to undo. That being said, with a clone of Annie running around wreaking havoc, I'm guessing that'll put the whole "self-policing" idea to the test, particularly given Spider-Man's historically dubious reputation with law enforcement and the press. Just wondering what Mister Sinister's endgame is here.
    I've always looked at RYV as the universe in which Avengers Disassembled never happened, so Scarlet Witch never went crazy and none of the major events that followed it happened, so no House Of M, no Civil War, no Secret Invasion, etc. And now that it sounds like the Clone Saga did happen here as well, I believe it even more.

The divergeance point is roughly 1999, because the X-Men never changed their costumes, they were changed to be more like the movie in 616.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The divergeance point is roughly 1999, because the X-Men never changed their costumes, they were changed to be more like the movie in 616.
    However, wouldn't Annie's birth push changes back to almost '87 ("The Wedding")? The original mini seems to indicate that Annie wasn't born too much longer after her parents' marriage and shows Kraven alive and well a decade later, meaning that "Kraven's Last Hunt" never happened in the RYV-verse. It would also seem that the RYV clone saga happened with Annie around, too.

IMHO, I think that RYV is a broad strokes continuation of ASM more than anything else.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Man was Issue 20 great.

spoilers:
    We got Peter doing some detective work, sharing a beer with Logan, running down every possibility about why Annie would turn bad, and when the word "clone" comes up...man. I felt chills.
    end of spoilers

Yeah folks, spoilers:
    the clone saga happened in this reality alright, and Ben Reily existed too, and from what Peter implied, MJ's miscarriage happened too...meaning Annie really is still Peter and MJ's second child.
    end of spoilers

Massive game-changer of an issue.
    Quite enjoyed it - though I miss MJ in this issue.

The art was fine - I still miss Stegman quite a bit. But at least it's not Stockman (hopefully I keep feeling this way).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Quite enjoyed it - though I miss MJ in this issue.

The art was fine - I still miss Stegman quite a bit. But at least it's not Stockman (hopefully I keep feeling this way).
    It is hard to beat Stegeman but this was my favorite art work in the houser run this far.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    However, wouldn't Annie's birth push changes back to almost '87 ("The Wedding")? The original mini seems to indicate that Annie wasn't born too much longer after her parents' marriage and shows Kraven alive and well a decade later, meaning that "Kraven's Last Hunt" never happened in the RYV-verse. It would also seem that the RYV clone saga happened with Annie around, too.
    Peter makes mention of something happening to MJ during the last time he tackled Clones, it was a clear indicator MJ's miscarriage with Mayday happened. Annie has been retconned back into being the second child the Parkers had.

Peter makes mention of something happening to MJ during the last time he tackled Clones, it was a clear indicator MJ's miscarriage with Mayday happened. Annie has been retconned back into being the second child the Parkers had.
    Wouldn't that make the Parkers significantly older than they appear, though?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wouldn't that make the Parkers significantly older than they appear, though?
    Does it matter? They're never depicted as older looking.

Besides, nobody ever has said there was a massive time gap between the Clone Saga and JMS' era. It was probably just a year or so.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-21-2018 at 09:33 AM.