Page 134 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2312
    Master Hero Vladimir

It was nice to read a book where Peter and MJ are still married and One More Day never happened. My hatred towards One More Day is because of the disrespect it shows towards Spider-Man and his community. With One More Day, Marvel showed that nothing was sacred to them and began operating with a more overt corporate agenda. Marvel had taken the Spider-Marriage, an element that readers had become attached to and grew up with for years, and destroyed it in the most arbitrary and ridiculous way possible. Since then, Peter has been stuck in relationships that were all style and no substance (Carlie Cooper, Cindy Moon, Mockingbird) and had no one to share his victories and hardships with. We can debate the merits of Dan Slott's run on Amazing Spider-Man all day long but something that can't be denied is that Marvel refuses to push Spider-Man out of his comfort zone and just keeps putting him in the safest and most boring situations, as if they are trying to appeal to people who don't know Spider-Man beyond the most basic concepts of the character. RYV was different than the main Spider-Man books because Spider-Man was finally allowed to evolve and become a family man. I don't know whether or not RYV will continue publication after Spider-Geddon, but I still hope that Marvel will restore the Spider-Marriage in the main continuity. I just don't see that happening anytime soon.
    Last edited by HeroVladimir93; 07-02-2018 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Grammar check.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    It was nice to read a book where Peter and MJ are still married and One More Day never happened. My hatred towards One More Day is because of the disrespect it shows towards Spider-Man and his community. With One More Day, Marvel showed that nothing was sacred to them and began operating with a more overt corporate agenda. Marvel had taken the Spider-Marriage, an element that readers had become attached to and grew up with for years, and destroyed it in the most arbitrary and ridiculous way possible. Since then, Peter has been stuck in relationships that were all style and no substance (Carlie Cooper, Cindy Moon, Mockingbird) and had no one to share his victories and hardships with. We can debate the merits of Dan Slott's run on Amazing Spider-Man all day long but something that can't be denied is that Marvel refuses to push Spider-Man out of his comfort zone and just keeps putting him in the safest and most boring situations, as if they are trying to appeal to people who don't know Spider-Man beyond the most basic concepts of the character. RYV was different than the main Spider-Man books because Spider-Man was finally allowed to evolve and become a family man. I don't know whether or not RYV will continue publication after Spider-Geddon, but I still hope that Marvel will restore the Spider-Marriage in the main continuity. I just don't see that happening anytime soon.
    Beautiful way to sum up why we're all here. Welcome to the RYV Appreciation Thread.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Beautiful way to sum up why we're all here. Welcome to the RYV Appreciation Thread.
    Hooray!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Here Here! RYV has been a great example of showing that people are still interested in the marriage and Peter moving into the next phase of life without it being a hindrance but a blessing. I doubt it will ever be restored to it's rightful place in the pages of ASM, but for a time we at least have a glimpse into something that readers wanted to see... As opposed to that slap in the face "One Moment in Time" was.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hey, MJ's sticking to the ponytail look from Issue 19

That final page is so cute.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Hey, MJ's sticking to the ponytail look from Issue 19

That final page is so cute.
    Glad to see we're not just doing a Spider-Girl (Spiderling) comic again - but it's truly a family comic.

I miss Stegman still. But this does look better in general than Stockman.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

It feels like forever since the last issue! Can’t wait for 21!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

I love this book, it's one of the only two monthlies that I still read. This is the way that the story of Peter Parker, Mary Jane Watson-Parker and family should have developed(along with Spider-Girl another take on Peter living up to his responsibilities in life).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Looking forward to seeing the Spider-Family's confrontation with Chelicera, and whether or not Annie finally admits to her parents that she can see the future. Hmm, come to think of it, if we're gonna talk about Spider-Clones, wasn't Kaine also capable of seeing the future with his spider-sense before he lost it in his Spider-Island rebirth?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the Spider-Family's confrontation with Chelicera, and whether or not Annie finally admits to her parents that she can see the future. Hmm, come to think of it, if we're gonna talk about Spider-Clones, wasn't Kaine also capable of seeing the future with his spider-sense before he lost it in his Spider-Island rebirth?
    That's been really inconstant; she told them in the Sandman one-shot, but then the X-Men crossover just ignored that (written by the same guy, too).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I don't think they actually believed her, despite Peter checking it out and finding that she was right about there being an incident in that location.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think they actually believed her, despite Peter checking it out and finding that she was right about there being an incident in that location.
    Maybe, but in the X-Men story, Annie specifically says that she never told them. I'm thinking retcon more than anything else.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

June's issue in 126th place (17,131)

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-06.html

Is that good or bad?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)