Page 137 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2312

MJ's suit leeches only from Peter. Their powers are actually stronger if the other one isn't using them. And think about it, if it leeched off Annie, MJ would have her precog power, which Annie's been hiding from them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

MJ's suit serves as a metaphor for marriage as a partnership. She and Peter share everything. It really wouldn't make sense for her to borrow another Peter's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's a three issue mini-series, and it's written by Jodi Houser.

It likely means RYV has been cancelled and this book will take up it's slot until the end of the year.
    That would be too bad, although if they wanted to keep the series going, it could just resume after the event. (Do we know for sure if RYV isn't getting issues those months yet, or is that just speculation?)

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Hmm. I want more married Peter and MJ, not just Annie. I'm really frustrated that Marvel seems to think that Annie is the draw for the book - it's the FAMILY, not just the kid.
    Yeah. I might follow an Annie solo out of fondness for the source material, but the family is the reason I wanted the darn thing in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare10880 View Post
    I might need to go back and re-read the issues but I though that MJ's Spinneret costume could pull from either Peter or Annie's powers as there have been many issues where MJ is using her powers and Annie is the only one present unless the costume is able to store a certain amount of power within it.
    I don't think it borrows from Annie. My guess is that the suit has an extremely good range; we see MJ using the suit and powers solo in a couple of stories.

Another possibility is if the RYV Peter designed the Spinneret costume to only tap into the powers of Peter Parker/Spider-Man then maybe it can theoretically tap into the powers of some of the other alternate reality versions of Peter that are on hand at the time.
    There would be logic to that, esp. since, even if MJ could use the suit when her husband was miles off, it having interdimensional range seems unlikely.

This whole event makes me very nervous as Renew Your Vows is my favorite current Marvel book and I'm very concerned with the fate of this particular version of the Parker Family especially considering how the MC2 Parkers were handled.
    You and me both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    MJ's suit serves as a metaphor for marriage as a partnership. She and Peter share everything. It really wouldn't make sense for her to borrow another Peter's powers.
    I think you could have both. I mean, just because the suit has a figurative meaning in one story doesn't mean it has to have that same meaning in a different story; RYV is about family, Spider-Geddon is a save the day action story.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That would be too bad, although if they wanted to keep the series going, it could just resume after the event. (Do we know for sure if RYV isn't getting issues those months yet, or is that just speculation?)
    It's mainly guesswork for now, what with this title being a three issue series which would neatly round up the rest of the year and take us into December. The solicitation for RYV in September sounded pretty final too.

It should be noted that while Bleeding Cool recently reported that Scarlet Spider would be ending soon, they never mentioned RYV, so it's possible it will still continue, but I'm very doubtful of that.

It's mainly guesswork for now, what with this title being a three issue series which would neatly round up the rest of the year and take us into December. The solicitation for RYV in September sounded pretty final too.

It should be noted that while Bleeding Cool recently reported that Scarlet Spider would be ending soon, they never mentioned RYV, so it's possible it will still continue, but I'm very doubtful of that.
    I see. I guess that we just keep our ears to the ground and hope it ends well if that's its fate.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    There would be logic to that, esp. since, even if MJ could use the suit when her husband was miles off, it having interdimensional range seems unlikely.
    I wasn't talking about it working on an inter-dimensional level but if MJ's Spinneret costume is attuned to Peter and his powers while couldn't it draw from other version him since even though they are alternate reality versions they are still basically Peter Parker with similar if not the exact same powers and I also wondered what about people like Ben Reily, Kaine and the Ultimate Jessica Drew as even though they are clones of Peter they still have the same basic DNA and powers.

Astonishing Member

Famous youtube channel Watchmojo posted the top 10 couples of marvel comics and look what made number 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz6WGEYIJK4

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'm really irritated that Marvel seems to think that it's ANNIE ALONE that is the draw for this book.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

You have to give the title a golf clap, it lasted two years in a very unstable market (In it's prime it was routinely out-selling Spider-Gwen and Miles before the time skip)

You have to give the title a golf clap, it lasted two years in a very unstable market (In it's prime it was routinely out-selling Spider-Gwen and Miles before the time skip)
    I wish we could ask for an annual 4-6 issue miniseries from this universe, just to checkup on Peter, MJ, and Annie.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

I'm really irritated that Marvel seems to think that it's ANNIE ALONE that is the draw for this book.
    My thoughts exactly regarding this subject. I think teenage Annie was the weakest part of the series actually. I've barely read an issue since the time skip.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My thoughts exactly regarding this subject. I think teenage Annie was the weakest part of the series actually. I've barely read an issue since the time skip.
    I wish it weren't the case, because I don't DISLIKE Annie, but I bought this series for Peter and MJ. I adored the Peter and MJ vacation issue, and I like the current arc, where Houser is focusing more on all three, instead of just Annie like the last arc, but...I just don't see the point of the timeskip.

Looks like Spider-Girls is taking its place for Spider-Geddon.

(And once that's over I don't think RYV is coming back.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Looks like Spider-Girls is taking its place for Spider-Geddon.

(And once that's over I don't think RYV is coming back.)
    So sad! I really enjoyed this series.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!