Page 138 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2312
    BANNED

Jody reveals the events of Spider-Girls take place directly after issue 23 of RYV...cliffhanger ending?

https://twitter.com/Jody_Houser/stat...F%3Fpage%3D724

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I wish it weren't the case, because I don't DISLIKE Annie, but I bought this series for Peter and MJ. I adored the Peter and MJ vacation issue, and I like the current arc, where Houser is focusing more on all three, instead of just Annie like the last arc, but...I just don't see the point of the timeskip.
    I also have nothing against Annie. My big beef with the teenage version is we already saw that for years in the pages of Spider-Girl. Peter & MJ with a younger daughter was more original.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I also have nothing against Annie. My big beef with the teenage version is we already saw that for years in the pages of Spider-Girl. Peter & MJ with a younger daughter was more original.
    Agree completely.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

At the very least, we can be grateful that Jody Houser didn't make teenage Annie a complete carbon copy of Mayday.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'm also really surprised that it's not ending with #25 as big finale. Also I wish that there was more of an official announcement instead of just having the book pulled for Spider-Girls taking it's place during Spider-Gedden, as Renew Your Vows is the only Marvel title I buy on a monthly basis and I'm very sad to see it go and also makes me even more concerned for this particular version of the Parker Family.

Cancelled
    bird_claw.jpg

You have to give the title a golf clap, it lasted two years in a very unstable market (In it's prime it was routinely out-selling Spider-Gwen and Miles before the time skip)
    Yeah, it probably did last longer that expected, given all that was stacked against it (being an AU series, given next to no promotion from Marvel, etc.) and it got a second chance that not many series of it's type get, but still, see above.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 07-25-2018 at 06:08 PM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Amazing Member

The timing is almost certainly because of the developments in ASM. It's a sort of reductive thinking I don't like. "One book with Peter/MJ, tops!" The void of seeing Peter and MJ as parents is hard to deal with especially with MJ actually reflecting on the death of May in #21.

Well it was nice while it lasted.

After "One More Day" I decided to make my voice heard and boycott the 616 Spider-Man books till the day that Marvel brings the marriage back.

"Renew Your Vows" was what bought me back to reading Spider-Man again, and now that it's ending I'm leaving the fandom again.

If Marvel wants my money than they need to not only bring Peter and MJ back together, but also defeat Mephisto and restore the 20 years of canon that OMD/OMIT destroyed.

Give it time. Maybe that'll be the third arc?

I think RYV as we know it will be gone for good, but maybe Spider-Girls could end with Mayday and Anya concluding the "I don't like my babyish codename" plot thread that's been running since the age-up, by having the other Spider-Girls pass the torch to Annie? Mayday's already calling herself Spider-Woman anyway, and Anya could either revert to Arana or just share the name. Then Annie would get a Spider-Girl solo series (Anya could appear in a new Spider team book or as supporting cast to another spider, be it Miles, Peter, or Gwen).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

I think RYV as we know it will be gone for good, but maybe Spider-Girls could end with Mayday and Anya concluding the "I don't like my babyish codename" plot thread that's been running since the age-up, by having the other Spider-Girls pass the torch to Annie? Mayday's already calling herself Spider-Woman anyway, and Anya could either revert to Arana or just share the name. Then Annie would get a Spider-Girl solo series (Anya could appear in a new Spider team book or as supporting cast to another spider, be it Miles, Peter, or Gwen).
    There’s now two Scarlet Spiders. There’s even two Spider-Men (until Miles gets a new name). Why can’t there be two Spider-Girls? Besides, the “Spider-Woman” label doesn’t really fit May. She’ll always be Spider-Girl to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

If something tragic happens to RYV Peter or MJ I won't be supporting Annie if she gets a solo, just as I no longer support Mayday or even acknowledge her as the canonical one because she no longer resembles the one I read.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    There’s now two Scarlet Spiders. There’s even two Spider-Men (until Miles gets a new name). Why can’t there be two Spider-Girls?
    No reason. Especially since they have different home universes. Hence why I said "or just share the name".

In any case, what I'm speculating is that the other Spider-Girls will approve of Annie, so she upgrades from Spiderling to Spider-Girl - and that she might get a new book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If something tragic happens to RYV Peter or MJ I won't be supporting Annie if she gets a solo, just as I no longer support Mayday or even acknowledge her as the canonical one because she no longer resembles the one I read.
    I don't know if I'd go that far, but I am really uninterested in buying a title that ditches the whole "Renew Your Vows" THING - the Vows. The marriage. That's why I buy RYV. Annie is a vital part of that - it's very important that Peter and MJ aren't just married, but are grownups who take care of their daughter - but if you just turn it into a Spiderling/Spider-Girl solo, what's the point? What makes it different from any other solo, Silk, or Spider-Woman, or anything?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Since we don't even know what the future of the RYV franchise is beyond Spider-Geddon (e.g. will it just end, be revived or spun off, etc.), isn't a bit premature to worry about this?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Since we don't even know what the future of the RYV franchise is beyond Spider-Geddon (e.g. will it just end, be revived or spun off, etc.), isn't a bit premature to worry about this?
    Well, based on Spider-Verse, where they killed off the only Peter we know about who was married to MJ at the time, I don't think it's completely baseless to be worried.