Page 139 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2312
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, based on Spider-Verse, where they killed off the only Peter we know about who was married to MJ at the time, I don't think it's completely baseless to be worried.
    It's possible they could use this event to ressurect MC2 Peter, since the early promotional material for the event said there would be "shock returns". 616 Ben is involved in this story and he has cloning expertise...and they made an awfully big noise about the technology restoring "real" souls to the cloned bodies.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    Well it was nice while it lasted.

After "One More Day" I decided to make my voice heard and boycott the 616 Spider-Man books till the day that Marvel brings the marriage back.
    It was nice whilst the book lasted, at least we got a good run with it though.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's possible they could use this event to ressurect MC2 Peter, since the early promotional material for the event said there would be "shock returns". 616 Ben is involved in this story and he has cloning expertise...and they made an awfully big noise about the technology restoring "real" souls to the cloned bodies.
    UGH. I hate the Spider-writers and their idiotic failure to grasp basic bioethics, science, and anything resembling sense.

I am deeply skeptical that something called "Spider-Geddon" will leave anything good - it seems far more likely that we'll lose things than gain them.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

If I recall, Web Warriors was going to tie into Clone Conspiracy before it was cancelled, so Slott could theoretically pick up what was an abandoned plot point.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, based on Spider-Verse, where they killed off the only Peter we know about who was married to MJ at the time, I don't think it's completely baseless to be worried.
    I was going to say that was when Slott who seemed to have a penchant for killing off longtime characters was involved, and he's not on Spider-Man anymore, but then I realized he IS involved and specifically with this title. Can't help you, and I join the ranks of the worried

Given RYV Peter/MJ were Dan's own creations, maybe he'll spare them. We can only hope!

I feel like Spinneret should be safe, just because it seems to me like Marvel would want to keep her around for other stories. RYV Peter is much likelier to bite it, but that would be such a copy/rip-off of what happened to MC2 Peter, I think it would be such a waste and I hope Gage & Slott are smart enough not to repeat that AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I feel like Spinneret should be safe, just because it seems to me like Marvel would want to keep her around for other stories. RYV Peter is much likelier to bite it, but that would be such a copy/rip-off of what happened to MC2 Peter, I think it would be such a waste and I hope Gage & Slott are smart enough not to repeat that AGAIN.
    Killing off RYV!Peter would pretty much kaput Spinneret since that's where she gets her powers from.

I mean, I don't really see the need for keeping Spinneret safe since the whole deal with RYV is the Parker Family as a Superhero unit. Without their Peter it's once again the Spider-Girl situation, only the mom has powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Killing off RYV!Peter would pretty much kaput Spinneret since that's where she gets her powers from.

I mean, I don't really see the need for keeping Spinneret safe since the whole deal with RYV is the Parker Family as a Superhero unit. Without their Peter it's once again the Spider-Girl situation, only the mom has powers.
    They could easily do something like she completely saps all of his power before he dies, or he transfers it to her in some way. And to be fair, that didn't stop them from using Spinneret in Venomverse.

That's the reason why I hope they don't do it, because it'd just be the Spider-Girl situation, and having the exact same thing happen in Spider-Geddon would just seem extremely lazy to me.

Amazing Member

Did anyone see Houser's SDCC interview?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKInU8Kolwg

Watch the first 4 and a half minutes and listen to her swiftly break down the claim "you can't write stories about a married Peter Parker!". We are in such good hands with her on this book. She GETS IT. I really, really hope they relaunch RYV after the SpiderGeddon stuff.

Amazing Member

Also she kind of just dropped a major confirmation:

https://twitter.com/Jody_Houser/stat...19019637579776

"Annie is the potential daughter Mephisto hinted at in the 616."

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green Symbiote View Post

Watch the first 4 and a half minutes and listen to her swiftly break down the claim "you can't write stories about a married Peter Parker!". We are in such good hands with her on this book. She GETS IT. I really, really hope they relaunch RYV after the SpiderGeddon stuff.
    That's a pretty cool interview! Also really cool to hear her thoughts and history on Thrawn as a comic story, since the Star Wars EU was my childhood.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

I feel Annie is going to play a major role in the unravelling of Spencer's story, but let's hope all will be well with the RYV Parkers regardless.

We still need a definitive answer on what connects them to 616 Peter and MJ (the deja vu from Power Play)
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-29-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    They could easily do something like she completely saps all of his power before he dies, or he transfers it to her in some way. And to be fair, that didn't stop them from using Spinneret in Venomverse.

That's the reason why I hope they don't do it, because it'd just be the Spider-Girl situation, and having the exact same thing happen in Spider-Geddon would just seem extremely lazy to me.
    To be fair, in Venomverse, she had a symbiote, so she wasn't using the Regent tech, wasn't leeching off Peter's powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

You and me both, pal. This collection is too good to let it go. I count on RYV to continue once Spider-Geddon is over.

Yeah, I figured that a long time ago. That's why I have a serious suspiction about Mephisto having some kind of role in the RYV's reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I feel Annie is going to play a major role in the unravelling of Spencer's story, but let's hope all will be well with the RYV Parkers regardless.

We still need a definitive answer on what connects them to 616 Peter and MJ (the deja vu from Power Play)
    Yeah, the Deja Vu's moment has been really in my head ever since then. It has to mean something. You know? Long ago, Franklyn Richards did something weird involving "merging" 616's She-Hulk with her counterpart from "Heroes Reborn". Maybe we will see something similar in the future?
    Last edited by Ursalink; 07-29-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

The world of comics is really tricky, but I can't stop thinking about what it could happen if "One More Day" is undone. What kind of changes in history could be done then? Well, considering that when you make a deal with the devil (Mephisto), you always lose, I guess it would logical to think that you win if the deal is broken. This would surely be one of Mephisto's most humilliating defeats after all.

My idea is that, with the deal broken, history is rewritten for the better of Peter Parker. In the new reality, we would have the same family from "Renew Your Vows", but passing through the same stuff that the main Marvel Universe, Let's see:

+ Everybody learning again Spider-Man's secret identity? I hope not. In fact, maybe a situation involving alternative realities and Morlun could be used as an excuse for the Parkers to be out of the first Civil War and avoid the full incident that leave to Spidey being unmasked, Aunt May being shot and Peter and MJ making the deal with Mephisto.
    + However, during the Skrulls' Secret Invasion, Spider-Man could be back to help the other heroes who is Skrull and who is not.
    + "Brand New Day" and "New Ways to Day" should be slightly modified. I wonder if Jackpot's story would be altered once MJ see someone disguising like her or something.
    + "Dark Reign" would surely have an impact for the Parker's marriage. However, I can't avoid the idea of MJ having the pleasure to humilliate Osborn somehow.
    + "The Gauntlet" and "Grim Hunt" would be another interesting point to see how things could have been altered. After all, Kraven's Last Hunt came right after Peter and MJ's honeymoon.
    + "Big Time" could be changed a little.
    + "Spider-Island", THIS is one of the big points. MJ could kept her own spider-powers in this reality, similar to how Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon) kept hers. That way, no more "draining tech" from the Regent for this Mary Jane.
    + "Ends of Earth" could be Spider-MJ's first great adventure with her spider-powers.

+ "Superior Spider-Man" would be definitely be avoided, so MJ wouldn't allow Doc Ock steal his husband's identity. However, Ock using a clone body to become "Superior Spider-Man" and then "Superior Octopus", now THAT would be acceptable.
    + Parker Industries could have survived. I mean, if MJ was able to lead Stark Industries, I'm pretty sure she would be able to do the same thing for Parker Industries. Surely, MJ would be even a better CEO than Peter. Difference here, instead of Doc Ock's maquinations, this Parker Industries would be created from Peter inheriting Ezekiel Sims' fortune and company.
    + The debut of Silk would have been hilarious in this reality, where Peter remained married. Could he have controlled himself better against Silk's "charms"?
    + Spider-Verse would be interestingly changed if Mary Jane kept her Spider-Powers from Spider-Island. I believe she could have saved some of the spiders who died in this arc. Also, MJ could have a chance to get even with Morlun after the first time she met him.
    + The Clone Conspiracy could be another interesting changed story.
    + The Secret Empire costed Spider-Man much, but maybe the Spider-Marriage could have found a way to save part of it.
    + "Go Down Swinging" could have gotten a different ending, saving Flash's life with the help of "Spider-Wife". Also, if in this world we have Annie too, maybe Normie would free himself of the Osborn's legacy sooner.

Well, what do you think?

PD: Sorry for double post.