Page 14 of 155 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

RYV #6 preview:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/artic...o/1100-156445/

If Jean is married to Logan in this, I'm gonna riot.

BANNED

Thanks for sharing Spiderclops

...YES! A birthday issue for Peter. Haven't seen one of those in a bit, and it's the first he's spent as a married man since Issue 500 thirteen or fourteen years ago.

And Aunt Anna is dead too? Aw dangit...

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Thanks for sharing Spiderclops

...YES! A birthday issue for Peter. Haven't seen one of those in a bit, and it's the first he's spent as a married man since Issue 500 thirteen or fourteen years ago.

And Aunt Anna is dead too? Aw dangit...
    I like to believe they died of natural causes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I like to believe they died of natural causes.
    Did'nt MJ allude to Aunt May's fate having something to do with Peter in Issue Two?

Did'nt MJ allude to Aunt May's fate having something to do with Peter in Issue Two?
    Did she? I don't remember that.

BANNED

Did she? I don't remember that.
    From Issue Two:

"After what happened to his Uncle Ben, then Gwen and Aunt May, the poor guy's got issues with being over-protective"-MJ

That indicates May's death may have been another Spidey tragedy

From Issue Two:

"After what happened to his Uncle Ben, then Gwen and Aunt May, the poor guy's got issues with being over-protective"-MJ

I went and checked. Yes, that does indicate it had something to do with Peter. It still might be natural causes, but then MJ probably wouldn't mention her along the same line as Ben and Gwen.

RYV #6 preview:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/artic...o/1100-156445/

Good preview, but I think you better spend the next six days bracing yourself because I think that's going to be the case. That kid Wolverine has on his shoulders has red hair. There's no way that's not his and Jean's kid. Maybe (and I think this is a remote possibility) that's her and Cyclops' kid and Wolverine's just playing the part of the cool uncle, but I have a feeling that Stegman and Conway already teased this earlier last month. They said Jean was married, but was very coy about who. So I think that was their way of letting slip that there's a major difference in this timeline. This could be part of it.

I don't like the idea either. I still think Jean and Wolverine are a terrible idea in any universe. But it depends on how it's set up. Maybe if, in this universe, Cyclops and Jean never dated or never really got together, it could work. I think Stegman did post artwork recently that said Emma Frost was at the school. Maybe in this universe, she's the one Cyclops got together with and not Jean. I think if Cyclops and Jean never dated, then that could create an interesting dynamic. It really does depend on how it's set up, but again. I don't think Jean and Wolverine married can work in the long run because that would be like James Bond being married. Wolverine is the ultimate loner. Him being married kind of undermines that. Just my opinion though.

Either way, I'm getting this issue. I'll brace myself too. I'd prefer that Cyclops and Jean are married. I'd also like for them to have a kid as well, possibly a young Rachel Summers to be friends with Annie. But based on this preview, my gut tells me that Stegman and Conway are going to throw us a curveball and reveal that Jean and Wolverine are married. So brace yourself accordingly.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

This probably has been asked a million times before, but just got through reading Trouble... Did they make any attempt to keep up with that at all or not? Also have they been slowly rolling back Aunt May's age to possibly build up to that conclusion?

Spectacular Member Fearless Heart's Avatar

I love this preview! I'm just worried Conway is foreshadowing someone dying by strangulation. I've never heard anyone threaten strangulation so much in my life!

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    This probably has been asked a million times before, but just got through reading Trouble... Did they make any attempt to keep up with that at all or not? Also have they been slowly rolling back Aunt May's age to possibly build up to that conclusion?
    No. "Trouble" has basically been ignored since it was published.

Looks good.

What would be so bad about that? (Bear in mind, my main X-Men touchstones are the movies, where the Cyclops/Wolverine/Jean love triangle was one of the weak points in the series, and X-Men: Evolution, where Rogue had unrequited feelings for Cyclops and was who I was rooting for.)

From Issue Two:

Possibly, or it could just mean that Peter blames himself without due cause; he has been known to feel guilty for things that weren't his fault (like he could've prevented such and such had he been there or whatnot).

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What would be so bad about that? (Bear in mind, my main X-Men touchstones are the movies, where the Cyclops/Wolverine/Jean love triangle was one of the weak points in the series, and X-Men: Evolution, where Rogue had unrequited feelings for Cyclops and was who I was rooting for.)
    Scott/Jean is the same as Peter/MJ. I want to see them together. It's been a long time since Scott and Jean were together in a relationship.

I despise Logan/Jean. Basically because I think there's nothing good about that relationship, it feels like fan fiction level of writing seeing them together(the bad kind).

Scott/Jean is the same as Peter/MJ. I want to see them together. It's been a long time since Scott and Jean were together in a relationship.
    Okay, I think I understand where you're coming from. Not sure I share your fondness for them, but I get it. (I did like how it was handled in the Apocalypse movie, to be fair.)

I despise Logan/Jean. Basically because I think there's nothing good about that relationship, it feels like fan fiction level of writing seeing them together(the bad kind).
    I'm honestly completely indifferent to it, although I will agree that there doesn't seem to be a compelling reason for it to be a good idea.