Page 140 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2312

Quote Originally Posted by Green Symbiote View Post
    Also she kind of just dropped a major confirmation:

https://twitter.com/Jody_Houser/stat...19019637579776

"Annie is the potential daughter Mephisto hinted at in the 616."
    Makes sense. I recall that Adam Kubert, who drew the original RYV mini, explained in an interview that he'd been told to model Annie after the little girl in OMD. Suppose it's a fun (or interesting, if you prefer that word) way to connect everything for people who are read, or are aware of, the larger Spidey comics world.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Makes sense. I recall that Adam Kubert, who drew the original RYV mini, explained in an interview that he'd been told to model Annie after the little girl in OMD. Suppose it's a fun (or interesting, if you prefer that word) way to connect everything for people who are read, or are aware of, the larger Spidey comics world.
    So Annie really is the (second) daughter Peter and Mary Jane could've had in 616 if not for One More Day. It really compounds the tragedy, come to think of it, that for as much love as Peter and MJ together have to give, that they were twice deprived of the chance to have a child. At least with Renew Your Vows, it's kind of a second chance, and speaking of second chances, if RYV MJ makes the connection between MC2 Spider-Girl and the daughter she lost . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Symbiote View Post
    Also she kind of just dropped a major confirmation:

https://twitter.com/Jody_Houser/stat...19019637579776

"Annie is the potential daughter Mephisto hinted at in the 616."
    Annie is too cute to be this thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    So Annie really is the (second) daughter Peter and Mary Jane could've had in 616 if not for One More Day. It really compounds the tragedy, come to think of it, that for as much love as Peter and MJ together have to give, that they were twice deprived of the chance to have a child.
    And there may be another chance or two to come if the One-Above-All's prophecy comes true. Peter and MJ were hinted to have two children after they "survived every hardship that was to come", a son called Benjy (same as with MC2) and another daughter called Mary (whether she's named after MJ or Peter's mother is not known...but it does potentially lead to another "MJ" in the family, as the initials could stand for "Mary Junior")

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    Annie is too cute to be this thing.
    Like I said, "based on." Even barring different artist styles, it could very well be that connecting the two was a retcon. Besides, a lot of characters have changes considerably from their first appearances; Black Widow was originally shown having short black hair and wearing evening dresses, a far cry from the long red hair and jumpsuits the character would come to sport as her default look.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Like I said, "based on." Even barring different artist styles, it could very well be that connecting the two was a retcon. Besides, a lot of characters have changes considerably from their first appearances; Black Widow was originally shown having short black hair and wearing evening dresses, a far cry from the long red hair and jumpsuits the character would come to sport as her default look.
    And speaking of Black Widow, let's all take a moment to remember that her change in look and equipment was at least partially inspired by Spider-Man and his gear. That aside, like you said, Art Evolution (or Depending on the Artist) could be in full effect here to account for the visual difference between Annie May Parker and Mephisto's illusion in One More Day.

Yeah - Ultimate took it a step further, as Black Widow III there was originally Spider-Woman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Found on Deviantart

C'mon Black HAS TO BE Venom (or maybe Darth Vader)...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Penultimate issue is out next week

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Penultimate issue is out next week
    I'm sad, too. Hopefully Spider-Girls gives RYV a good sendoff and Spidergeddon doesn't kill off any of the RYV Parker family.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm sad, too. Hopefully Spider-Girls gives RYV a good sendoff and Spidergeddon doesn't kill off any of the RYV Parker family.
    If they do, I'll probably headcanon it as being an alternate RYV family. If anything, what happened with Mayday set a precedent for this excuse in an official capacity.

Astonishing Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but since when does Norman Osborn has cloning technology? Miles Warren, the Jackal, is the one who's always cloning spiders.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 08-02-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but since when does Norman Osborn has cloning technology? Miles Warren, the Jackal, is the one who's always cloning spiders.
    i think all the retconning has made osborn responsible for a lot of the jackal's work, and even if he didn't develop the tech himself, he seems to have access or the ability to replicate it in some stories/continuities
    troo fan or death