Page 142 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2312

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

Coloured version of Nich Roche's pic, which he is going to have has a print at some of his upcoming conventions
    Nicely done, I must say!
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Astonishing Member

watchmojo did another top 10 video in a span of weeks that ended with one more day as number 1. top 10 comic book decisions that backfired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post

watchmojo did another top 10 video in a span of weeks that ended with one more day as number 1. top 10 comic book decisions that backfired.
    I've gotta say One More Day doesn't appear to have backfired for Marvel.

It was controversial, but it stuck, and the series has done reasonably well in terms of sales and acclaim in the aftermath.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

It was controversial, but it stuck, and the series has done reasonably well in terms of sales and acclaim in the aftermath.
    OMD has "stuck", but it's impact has been greatly diminished, while 616 hasn't outright reversed it, they've been teasing that they will, Peter is back with MJ, and the marriage stuck around in other comic continuities virtually all decade.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-06-2018 at 01:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

I don't get why Spider-Man and Spinneret look scared of Leopardon. After all, since it's the giant robot of a Spider-Man, it means it should be its ally.

I must say I quite love the concept of Spinneret.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I must say I quite love the concept of Spinneret.
    As do I. I wish they could transition the concept over to 616, granted, I know that can't happen for obvious reasons. Although if things ever change I hope they use a variant of MJ's suit from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon (I found the color scheme & general design most aesthetically pleasing).
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-07-2018 at 03:45 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

I must agree. I think the term "backfired" is highly debatable in regards to OMD. Although it is certainly hated by many critics (as evidenced by the repeated videoes they make and articles they write).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

In terms of OMD "backfiring" or not, all I can say is that Marvel has never lived it down. I mean, ten years out and it's still a point of contention when most other "bad" stories seem to get forgotten in that span of time.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In terms of OMD "backfiring" or not, all I can say is that Marvel has never lived it down. I mean, ten years out and it's still a point of contention when most other "bad" stories seem to get forgotten in that span of time.
    Not to mention Marvel routinely reference it and bring it up...you don't see that happen too often with stories like Sins Past (Ron Frenz even refused to work with Marvel on a short story for Clone Conspiracy if that story was ever mentioned again)

Mephisto has even been an active antagonist in other Spider-books.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I must agree. I think the term "backfired" is highly debatable in regards to OMD. Although it is certainly hated by many critics (as evidenced by the repeated videoes they make and articles they write).
    I'd also say the series having consistent acclaim is debatable. Outside of Noone Dies, Superior, RYV, and a couple of others, what other stories really stand out over the majority of the decade?
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-07-2018 at 11:19 PM.

Spider-Girls #1 variant cover - May “Mayday” Parker, Anya Corazon, Annie May Parker, by Jeff Dekal

Ugh. Anya's hair is definitely the wrong colour there. And since when is Annie a size changer? She's gigantic!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ugh. Anya's hair is definitely the wrong colour there. And since when is Annie a size changer? She's gigantic!
    Yea the perspective is completely off. For Annie to be the biggest, she’d have to be the closest to the viewer but instead she’s the furthest away while the other 2 are closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    As do I. I wish they could transition the concept over to 616, granted, I know that can't happen for obvious reasons. Although if things ever change I hope they use a variant of MJ's suit from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon (I found the color scheme & general design most aesthetically pleasing).
    If they wanted to make use of the concept, she could always have the Iron Spider mantle since she’s been shown to be skilled with the suit.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea the perspective is completely off. For Annie to be the biggest, she’d have to be the closest to the viewer but instead she’s the furthest away while the other 2 are closer.
    Chalk it up to artistic license, I think. That said, yeah, Anya's hair should at least be a slightly reddish brown, not bright crimson or scarlet.
    The spider is always on the hunt.