Page 146 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2312

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Perfect .

Really, the whole situation with the Parkers in this universe was kind of asking for this visual...

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Perfect .

Really, the whole situation with the Parkers in this universe was kind of asking for this visual...
    Is the upside down kiss something that predates the movies?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Is the upside down kiss something that predates the movies?
    I think it first actually popped up when Spidey started dating Black Cat.

Interesting. Anyone gots pics (or it didn't happen, couldn't help myself )
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I could've sworn the upside-down kiss was originally from the first Raimi film, and that was one of the reasons it became so surprisingly iconic.

Astonishing Member

Said the following and wish to here, aging Annie up was a big mistake. Haven't said this though, losing Conway/Stegman was the other blow to the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Said the following and wish to here, aging Annie up was a big mistake. Haven't said this though, losing Conway/Stegman was the other blow to the book.
    Completely agree about Stegman...not as convinced about Conway.

Astonishing Member

Completely agree about Stegman...not as convinced about Conway.
    Stegman made a good debut as writer, he's a great artist. The artwork dropped when Stegman left.

Astonishing Member

One other gripe about the book was pacing with stories either going too long or rushed.

I hope it doesn't come across like I'm giving the book a kicking. The original miniseries was great, same for a married Peter and Mary Jane again.

Stegman made a good debut as writer, he's a great artist. The artwork dropped when Stegman left.
    100% agree. I have to admit, one of the reasons I didn't notice the strength of Stegman's art was Conway's writing didn't really excite me. But going back, after Houser had some solid writing even within the frustrating 8 years later skip, the art has been really, really inferior to the level of detail, appeal, and polish. And I did actually like Stegman's written issues a bit better than Conway's.

One other gripe about the book was pacing with stories either going too long or rushed.

I hope it doesn't come across like I'm giving the book a kicking. The original miniseries was great, same for a married Peter and Mary Jane again.
    The biggest problem I had was that there weren't enough interactions between Peter, MJ, and Annie that really give me what I want - Spider-Marriage going through highs as well as lows, with moments setup and paid off to show why the marriage means so much to fans. It felt too much like the moments setup and paid off were either sitcom-level jokes, or conflicts that didn't really get resolved in ways that made the marriage stronger.

A fitting switch of positions of that famous scene.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    A fitting switch of positions of that famous scene.
    Man, I can't believe they never did that in the actual book! Such a wasted opportunity.

Astonishing Member

100% agree. I have to admit, one of the reasons I didn't notice the strength of Stegman's art was Conway's writing didn't really excite me. But going back, after Houser had some solid writing even within the frustrating 8 years later skip, the art has been really, really inferior to the level of detail, appeal, and polish. And I did actually like Stegman's written issues a bit better than Conway's.

The biggest problem I had was that there weren't enough interactions between Peter, MJ, and Annie that really give me what I want - Spider-Marriage going through highs as well as lows, with moments setup and paid off to show why the marriage means so much to fans. It felt too much like the moments setup and paid off were either sitcom-level jokes, or conflicts that didn't really get resolved in ways that made the marriage stronger.
    That's another issue I had with the book.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Regarding Annie getting the Spider-girl title. Please no, please no. A part of me is like "Okay sure could work" another part is, "No, don't do this to Mayday, at least let her keep that after you screwed her over so many times Marvel."

I would say that Conway did get a lot of what made Mj and peter tick as a couple and I thought a lot of the moments with them and Annie were adorable.

Astonishing Member

Funny, I was imagining this scene for a very long time.