Page 152 of 155 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155 LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2312

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    They have a complicated relationship. Mayday at one point was in love with Normie, but by the time she became interested in him, he wanted to just be friends with her, and then he started dating Raptor (the daughter of Blackie Drago, the second Vulture). The scene the flashback comes from is from an issue where Mayday had just helped Normie override the Venom symbiote and he happened to be shirtless (Mayday was wearing a shirt in the original issue...no idea why she looks kinky here), where he declared his love for her, but he also reminded her that he was in love with Raptor. Normie and Raptor got married shortly after and Mayday moved on to Gene Thompson and eventually Wes.
    Okay.

Yeah, I agree I'd like to know why the recreation of the scene was made to look steamier then actually was; I mean everything here really suggests that the two are or were an item and Mayday is being a little vague about the details rather then admit that. I seriously doubt that Houser is in on the joke of introducing differences to suggest that the original Spider-Girl and the revival are different timelines.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

It's weird. In the preview, we assume we see MC2's Normie wearing Venom's symbiote as "Black Spider-Man"; but in the comics, he never actually had that look. After purging the hate from Venom's symbiote, he had a living face like Venom, but with the eyes more similar to Spidey's and with a "normal looking mouth", without fangs or tongue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It's weird. In the preview, we assume we see MC2's Normie wearing Venom's symbiote as "Black Spider-Man"; but in the comics, he never actually had that look. After purging the hate from Venom's symbiote, he had a living face like Venom, but with the eyes more similar to Spidey's and with a "normal looking mouth", without fangs or tongue.
    #NotmyMC2 continues to thrive

#NotmyMC2 continues to thrive
    Does it also collude and obstruct?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

After seeing how Mayday acted in today's issue, I'm glad I've stuck to my guns. This is not how Spider-Girl should be represented to new fans.

Anyhoo, spoilers for the issue

spoilers:
    Inheritors Bora and Brix arrive on Annie's world and take out a security officer. Annie, Mayday and Anya journey to Oscorp and meet up with Normie as they beleive he may be targetted due to having Annie's DNA in his body. Normie takes them to all of Sinister's mutated spiders that they still have contained in the facility from the last storyline. Anya gives Annie the scrolls and she taps into them looking for a means to stop the Inheritors, she sees something, but can't make it out The mind link somehow triggers a transformation in Normie and he turns into a giant man-spider. Bora and Brix then attack Oscorp
    end of spoilers

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

After seeing how Mayday acted in today's issue, I'm glad I've stuck to my guns. This is not how Spider-Girl should be represented to new fans.

Anyhoo, spoilers for the issue

spoilers:
    Inheritors Bora and Brix arrive on Annie's world and take out a security officer. Annie, Mayday and Anya journey to Oscorp and meet up with Normie as they beleive he may be targetted due to having Annie's DNA in his body. Normie takes them to all of Sinister's mutated spiders that they still have contained in the facility from the last storyline. Anya gives Annie the scrolls and she taps into them looking for a means to stop the Inheritors, she sees something, but can't make it out The mind link somehow triggers a transformation in Normie and he turns into a giant man-spider. Bora and Brix then attack Oscorp
    end of spoilers
    Any appearances of Peter or MJ? Or is it just the girls? And did they follow up on the Mayday/miscarriage stuff from last issue at all?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Any appearances of Peter or MJ? Or is it just the girls? And did they follow up on the Mayday/miscarriage stuff from last issue at all?
    Pete and MJ are in it at the beginning saying goodbye to Annie (Annie admits she's worried she'll never see them again), and they're later shown travelling with the other Spiders in the vortex when Annie has a vision.

And no, they don't follow up on Mayday and the miscarriage. They just have Mayday act like a mopey bitch.

Pete and MJ are in it at the beginning saying goodbye to Annie (Annie admits she's worried she'll never see them again), and they're later shown travelling with the other Spiders in the vortex when Annie has a vision.

And no, they don't follow up on Mayday and the miscarriage. They just have Mayday act like a mopey bitch.
    Hmmm. I bought the first issue because 1) the art was SO MUCH BETTER than the series has been since Stegman left, and 2) because I loved how Houser actually followed up on a previous plot/character point. I might give the second issue a skip, and wait to see if Houser follows up in the third issue.

Thanks for the update!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

It also appeared they dropped the ball on an interesting idea...namely why the RYV world was skipped, as the Inheritor twins arrive and just brush it off with "I can't believe we missed this one"

Meh, sounds like I haven’t missed much. Thanks for the update!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

If some spiders have to die in "Spider-Girls #3", they better be the mutates (except Normie). If they dare to kill Annie and/or Mayday before the twins are stopped, I'm gonna smash them!!!! About Anya, well, sorry, but I don't care much about her, but I guess she will survive. The ones I cared the most are Spider-Man and MJ's daughters.

They're selling Spider-Girls and Spider-Force in the same trade...and if what happens in Spider-Force goes down, it'll be a very jarring read.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    If some spiders have to die in "Spider-Girls #3", they better be the mutates (except Normie). If they dare to kill Annie and/or Mayday before the twins are stopped, I'm gonna smash them!!!! About Anya, well, sorry, but I don't care much about her, but I guess she will survive. The ones I cared the most are Spider-Man and MJ's daughters.
    They better not kill any of them! But yes, Anya is the most likely to survive since she at least appears in the current Spider-Man animated series.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    They're selling Spider-Girls and Spider-Force in the same trade...and if what happens in Spider-Force goes down, it'll be a very jarring read.
    If only RYV was continuing and Spider-Woman was brought back, they could've avoided that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Meh, sounds like I haven’t missed much. Thanks for the update!
    You haven't. Weak whereas I liked the first issue.