Page 153 of 155 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2312
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    If some spiders have to die in "Spider-Girls #3", they better be the mutates (except Normie). If they dare to kill Annie and/or Mayday before the twins are stopped, I'm gonna smash them!!!! About Anya, well, sorry, but I don't care much about her, but I guess she will survive. The ones I cared the most are Spider-Man and MJ's daughters.
    I'm sure the RYV Parkers will survive this event, just because Annie said she was "scared she'd never see them again", which sounded a lot like lamp shading their survival to me.

As for Mayday, I'm fine if they kill her off, she's not the real one IMO and the more she's used, it's obvious to me Marvel clearly resent her character and want to make her look as bad as possible.

BANNED

Spider-Girls#3 preview (conclusion of mini)

http://www.comicosity.com/preview-spider-girls-3/

Annie narrates her life up to this point, and then tells Mayday and Anya she doesn't think the Inheritors look too tough, but Mayday knows better and cautions her not to underestimate them. Annie wants to help, but Mayday and Anya are too protective of her and Anya telsl her to continue connecting with the scrolls. Annie tells the Spider-Women she knows where Normie's weapons are kept and all three dash off to find them while the Inheritor twins attack the mutated spiders

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Annie narrates her life up to this point
    That, I feel, has been the main weakness of this series (well, aside from the forced event tie-in). It takes too much time explaining or showing events from RYV. Not that it wouldn't be needed, since I imagine that some people picked this up without having read RYV, but there are better to do so. For example, the page in the preview does it in just one page.

BANNED

Spider-Girls#2 drew 23,189 readers and is in 89th place on the top 100

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-11.html

BANNED

Spider-Girls#3 was good, if a bit rushed.

spoilers:
    It had to tie up the whole thing with Oscorp as well as info dump us on developments for Spidergeddon right after, but it neglected to deal with the Inheritor twins, they're still on Annie's Earth...I guess that's in case Renew Your Vows is ever relaunched and they need some sort of sequel hook maybe? Anya, Annie and Mayday cure the mutated Spiders using the scrolls and escape to Loomworld, where they discover there is now a fourth totem as part of the Scion/Bride/Other prophecy: The Pattern Maker (Annie), who can forge a weapon out of the web and it's connections. Annie, Anya and Mayday head over to 616 to join the fight
    end of spoilers

Jodie Houser also took the time at the end of the issue to say goodbye and give thanks to the readers and creative team, so it definitely looks like RYV won't be coming back with her at the helm...but she says she hopes we visit Annie's world again
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 12-12-2018 at 02:04 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Spider-Girls#3 was good, if a bit rushed.

spoilers:
    It had to tie up the whole thing with Oscorp as well as info dump us on developments for Spidergeddon right after, but it neglected to deal with the Inheritor twins, they're still on Annie's Earth...I guess that's in case Renew Your Vows is ever relaunched and they need some sort of sequel hook maybe? Anya, Annie and Mayday cure the mutated Spiders using the scrolls and escape to Loomworld, where they discover there is now a fourth totem as part of the Scion/Bride/Other prophecy: The Pattern Maker (Annie), who can forge a weapon out of the web and it's connections. Annie, Anya and Mayday head over to 616 to join the fight
    end of spoilers

Jodie Houser also took the time at the end of the issue to say goodbye and give thanks to the readers and creative team, so it definitely looks like RYV won't be coming back with her at the helm...but she says she hopes we visit Annie's world again
    I liked Houser's farewell. Her breakdown of the characters was perfect. Sounds like RYV is done for a while, but not because anyone's dead. I personally think if they could do a 5-issue mini every year or so, they could maybe do a stronger art team instead of just getting who's available or cheap.

It's weird - I'm not really interested in Spider-Geddon...but with Spider-Girls/RYV and Spider-Force, I'm weirdly invested in the final issue. Which I suppose is what tie-ins are for. To feed suckers like me into the main story.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I liked Houser's farewell. Her breakdown of the characters was perfect. Sounds like RYV is done for a while, but not because anyone's dead. I personally think if they could do a 5-issue mini every year or so, they could maybe do a stronger art team instead of just getting who's available or cheap.

It's weird - I'm not really interested in Spider-Geddon...but with Spider-Girls/RYV and Spider-Force, I'm weirdly invested in the final issue. Which I suppose is what tie-ins are for. To feed suckers like me into the main story.
    Yeah, Annie's pattern weaving ability, Miles attaining Captain Universe's powers etc, it's all leading to what should be a blockbuster finale. Miles did spoil the outcome a bit in the first issue of his relaunch by saying while things were "bad" they "saved a lot of people's lives".

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Yeah, Annie's pattern weaving ability, Miles attaining Captain Universe's powers etc, it's all leading to what should be a blockbuster finale. Miles did spoil the outcome a bit in the first issue of his relaunch by saying while things were "bad" they "saved a lot of people's lives".
    I don't even really care about whether the world is saved or not. Since it will be (haha, I'm pretty sure we'd know if they planned to reboot by now). I care if Ashley and Charlie and Mayday (even if it's an AU Mayday) and Annie and RYV Peter and MJ make it out okay.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Which I suppose is what tie-ins are for. To feed suckers like me into the main story.
    Sounds about right.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Sounds about right.
    All of them did that. Ghost-Spider, Spider-Girls, Spider-Force, and also Spectacular Spider-Man all had the recent issues ending with all the heroes heading/running to Spider-Geddon issue #5 showcasing how that one issue is going to have the 'grand big final epic battle' that everybody is going to be apart of after being divided up all heading to the same goal and finish line that if a reader was only following one character or series will feel forced to pick that one issue up as it all heads into it. I don't know how many pages #5 will have thus not such which characters will be more background image only and who will have at least one speaking line or actually do something important. Miles I know seeing as this is HIS big hero leader event I know will be important but the rest is unknown.

Astonishing Member

That sweet moment between Annie and Mayday, talking about Annie's version of May.... This is something I really wanted to see here! Hugging each other like sisters because, technically, they ARE sisters. I couldn't avoid to drop a tear here.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That sweet moment between Annie and Mayday, talking about Annie's version of May.... This is something I really wanted to see here! Hugging each other like sisters because, technically, they ARE sisters. I couldn't avoid to drop a tear here.
    I was crying on the inside. A really beautiful moment there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    All of them did that. Ghost-Spider, Spider-Girls, Spider-Force, and also Spectacular Spider-Man all had the recent issues ending with all the heroes heading/running to Spider-Geddon issue #5 showcasing how that one issue is going to have the 'grand big final epic battle' that everybody is going to be apart of after being divided up all heading to the same goal and finish line that if a reader was only following one character or series will feel forced to pick that one issue up as it all heads into it. I don't know how many pages #5 will have thus not such which characters will be more background image only and who will have at least one speaking line or actually do something important. Miles I know seeing as this is HIS big hero leader event I know will be important but the rest is unknown.
    I believe #5 is a $5 issue, so it'll be about 30 pages. They'll have 10 pages shorter than Spider-Verse had to wrap everything up in its final 2 issues, though no last minute surprise villain should help give some room. Hopefully they're able to fit everything in and make it all feel satisfying.

For those interested, kid Annie makes a cameo in the latest chapter of my What If OMD Never Happened? story - "Another Strand in the Great Web". There is also a glimpse of a future blended MC2/RVY universe which will one day come to pass in this reality in part or whole -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1281972...-The-Great-Web

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Really makes me wonder if the two will keep in touch after Spider-Geddon kinda like how Gwen, Jessica and Cindy did after Spider-Verse.