Page 154 of 155 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155 LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2312
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Really makes me wonder if the two will keep in touch after Spider-Geddon kinda like how Gwen, Jessica and Cindy did after Spider-Verse.
    Worst case scenario is Annie's parents both die and Mayday takes her in, and they become "true" sisters

I still think Mayday may wind up saving them though, to redeem her own character for losing her father

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Worst case scenario is Annie's parents both die and Mayday takes her in, and they become "true" sisters

I still think Mayday may wind up saving them though, to redeem her own character for losing her father
    Given Annie’s recent revelation as a special totem especially tied to the web of life able to weave it into something stronger and the spiders’ ties to the web, I wonder if they would be able to make use of them in a similar way to the Inheritors’ essence crystals to revive the dead spiders.

Given Annie’s recent revelation as a special totem especially tied to the web of life able to weave it into something stronger and the spiders’ ties to the web, I wonder if they would be able to make use of them in a similar way to the Inheritors’ essence crystals to revive the dead spiders.
    I wonder since there's no more Madame Web or Karn, would Annie as the Mapmaker become the new weaver of the Web of Life? That would be really interesting to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I wonder since there's no more Madame Web or Karn, would Annie as the Mapmaker become the new weaver of the Web of Life? That would be really interesting to see!
    That kind of seems like a bad job though...or at least put her out of commission, more or less.

BANNED

I agree, the various elements of this story (Ock perfecting the cloning process, Annie's powers) make me think everyone's getting revived next week

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That kind of seems like a bad job though...or at least put her out of commission, more or less.
    Given the end of RYV, it might be a good way to keep Annie in 616's orbit (so to speak). I would certainly like some version of the Web Warriors to carry on...and y'know, not all brutally die. Again.

I agree, the various elements of this story (Ock perfecting the cloning process, Annie's powers) make me think everyone's getting revived next week
    I may actually pick up the TPB of this event if that happens.

I found the gratuitous deaths in Spider-Verse very unpleasant, and avoided buying any of 'Geddon because I assumed it would be more of the same.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.

BANNED

Wow. Spidergeddon ended in jubilant fashion.

spoilers:
    Not only does the entire Spider-Family survive, but Mayday's father is resurrected at the end as the new Other.

I wasn't expecting Annie to get as much focus in this final issue as she did, but I suppose that comes with the territory when you're revealed as part of the prophecy. This leaves RYV open for a comeback later this year or when we come back for the third part in this saga. For now, we can leave the RYV family behind with as complete an ending as we can get, with Peter and MJ living happily and Annie weaving a new destiny
    end of spoilers

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Wow. Spidergeddon ended in jubilant fashion.

spoilers:
    Not only does the entire Spider-Family survive, but Mayday's father is resurrected at the end as the new Other.

I wasn't expecting Annie to get as much focus in this final issue as she did, but I suppose that comes with the territory when you're revealed as part of the prophecy. This leaves RYV open for a comeback later this year or when we come back for the third part in this saga. For now, we can leave the RYV family behind with as complete an ending as we can get, with Peter and MJ living happily and Annie weaving a new destiny
    end of spoilers
    This was way better than I'd feared. The revelation at the end was really moving, surprisingly. Except for the first issue, where they went for shock value deaths, this was pretty much the opposite of Spider-Geddon in terms of outcomes.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Spider-Geddon ended better than I'd hoped, can't really say much as I don't want to give any spoilers away but I did enjoy the issue.

"Annie weaving a new destiny."

So she will make a new web of life and be it's keeper on her home planet? I'm still wondering what that means. Does that mean if she desired she now can be weaving new destinies and essentially if she wished could end tragedies for Spiders and those close to them?
    Annie: "I say..no more Uncle Ben deaths, also Gwen, and everybody else. Everybody dies of old age with no regrets!"
    Obviously in comics things can never go easy or no drama for Spiders so that is not going to happen thus I wondering what Annie's new power/responsibility entitles are exactly. This things such as the Web, Bride, Scion, Other, Weaver/patternmaker ect still confuses me how they matter in the grand Multiverse beyond even Spiders and affect things.

BANNED

This also potentially gives us a more concrete explanation for why Mephisto wanted to prevent an Annie from being born in 616. Imagine if that universe got a pattern maker?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Annie weaving a new destiny definitely has potential for future storylines IMO. I'm fairly sure we'll be going back to this at some point in the future.

BANNED

I will have to say the long-awaited meeting between 616 Peter and RYV Peter and MJ was kind of underwhelming...all it boiled down was Peter asking if they'd like to take care of the inheritors and the Parkers cracking a joke about how one kid is enough of a handful.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I will have to say the long-awaited meeting between 616 Peter and RYV Peter and MJ was kind of underwhelming...all it boiled down was Peter asking if they'd like to take care of the inheritors and the Parkers cracking a joke about how one kid is enough of a handful.
    Eh. It's a huge event. I'm glad they even bothered to get some interaction.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

That's a thing with event comics like this. These kind of little moments are just super little moments.

Does anyone besides Annie, Anya, and Mayday know that MJ's powers come from the suit and she's borrowing some of Peter's powers?
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 12-19-2018 at 02:39 PM.