Page 3 of 155 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I do think she looks much better without it and with her hair flying free .
    I'll admit, but the bun is at least a unique look for her.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Isn't MJ suppose, in the near future, get her very own set of powers so she doesn't have to mooch off of dear hubby ?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Isn't MJ suppose, in the near future, get her very own set of powers so she doesn't have to mooch off of dear hubby ?
    Conway has indicated that it'll be story fodder later down the road, although we have no details on the when and hows yet. The questions I'm most curious about right now is if MJ does find another power source will it be a variation of the spider powers she's using now, or will it be something completely different? Also, what's more likely, MJ finding different tech to use or her becoming a mutate like her husband and daughter either through an accident or by volunteering for a procedure to gain superpowers?

Would the Iron Spider armour exist in that universe?

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #6
    GERRY CONWAY (w) • RYAN STEGMAN (a/C)
    RESURRXION VARIANT COVER BY ED McGUINNESS
    • And now…the X-Men!
    • Annie just received an invitation to attend Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters.
    • Guest-Starring Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Professor X!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would the Iron Spider armour exist in that universe?
    Well, if Iron Man was around, he could theoretically make one. However A.) the original RYV miniseries indicates that Iron Man and the rest of the superhero community didn't know Spider-Man's secret identity, which would make it less likely that he would have reason to build one and B.) One of the short stories in RYV #1 (2016) had MJ dismiss the idea of getting Iron Man's help to build her spider costume (although, because of the discrepancies, that story may not be in canon).

I do actually like the idea of the Iron Spider costume (or something similar) being MJ's replacement, though.

I think they'd probably find another way for MJ to keep on Superhero-ing unless they could configure an Iron Spider suit that can mimic her current Spinnerette costume.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Conway has indicated that it'll be story fodder later down the road, although we have no details on the when and hows yet. The questions I'm most curious about right now is if MJ does find another power source will it be a variation of the spider powers she's using now, or will it be something completely different? Also, what's more likely, MJ finding different tech to use or her becoming a mutate like her husband and daughter either through an accident or by volunteering for a procedure to gain superpowers?
    All interesting questions that I can't wait to see Conway answer (assuming he gets a long enough run to do so )

BANNED

Those X-costumes are a sight for sore eyes. Makes you wonder if Marvel could use RYV as a springboard for other comics with a more traditional slant. I hope it stays in its own little lane for the moment, though.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Those X-costumes are a sight for sore eyes. Makes you wonder if Marvel could use RYV as a springboard for other comics with a more traditional slant. I hope it stays in its own little lane for the moment, though.
    Maybe the traditional slant could be their new alternate Universe unless they start making Spider-Gwen's Universe the new alternate Universe? Just an idea LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I remember hearing a rumor on another forum that RYV was being made with the idea that it could be a reboot of the main comic line. The user didn't provide a source and I was unable to find any other stories like that around (and the original user did emphasize that it was just a wild rumor). Since Conway and Stegman had said that one thing they like about getting to create RYV is that they're the only ones telling stories in this world (meaning they have universal options for storytelling), I'm pretty sure that RVY is going to stand alone for the foreseeable future.

Now, things could change; I mean, the story goes that Ultimate Spider-Man was originally intended as a single miniseries, but that became an ongoing, which in turn created one of the most popular comic imprints that changed Marvel's franchises from main comics to movies and lasted for nearly a decade and a half. Who's to say that if RYV retains its popularity that it might create spinoffs or play a role in influencing the future of the Spider-Man franchise? The one thing that does make me think it might not create spinoffs with other franchises (like an X-Men ongoing set in the RYV continuity) is I'm not sure what the hook would be. The thing that distinguishes RYV from other Spider-Man series is that Spider-Man is raising a family and having adventures with them a la The Incredibles. What would make the RYV X-Men different enough to justify reading that over any of the other X books? (Case in point, in Ultimate, the series published tended to have notable differences from the source material, like Spider-Man being in high school again but Mary Jane being a key part of his life from square one.)

^Yeah, the First Class X-Men were a different lineup (a mix of the 1963 and 1975 teams), the FF were all roughly the same age (instead of Ben and Reed being years older than Sue, who is in turn years older than Johnny, as it was in 616). The Ultimate Avengers weren't even CALLED the Avengers until their fourth series. The Young Ultimates doesn't have any members in common with Young Avengers despite being that team's counterpart, though Kate Bishop was part of Miles's supporting cast in his solo. spoilers:
    She turned out to be a villain - Hail Hydra!
    end of spoilers In fact, the team contained two Spiders and Kitty Pryde. 616 Kitty has never been an Avenger, and there's never been a spider in the Young Avengers.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-24-2017 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #6
    GERRY CONWAY (w) • RYAN STEGMAN (a/C)
    RESURRXION VARIANT COVER BY ED McGUINNESS
    • And now…the X-Men!
    • Annie just received an invitation to attend Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters.
    • Guest-Starring Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Professor X!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    How did the Xavier school find out about Annie? Is Annie a mutant like Reed Richards son? Doesn't "dumping" Annie at the Xavier school defeat the whole purpose of a Spidey family? To me, the way the Xavier school gets attacked every other year, she'd be better off with mom and dad!

How did the Xavier school find out about Annie?
    Word of mouth? The original RYV miniseries indicated that in this world, Spider-Man was known for being a mysterious loner. If he's suddenly working with a small team, that would draw attention. (Bear in though, that the RYV miniseries seems to have very loose continuity, so information in that may not prove to be very accurate.)

Is Annie a mutant like Reed Richards son?
    Since Annine inherited her powers from her dad, not an X-Gene, wouldn't that be a no? (I don't know how fictional Marvel genetics work, but as I understand it, Peter's DNA was altered by the spider bite, changing him on a physical level. So, essentially, Annie was born with an unique genetic template, being half superhuman and half normal human, on her mom's side. It does sound like semantics to me -- I mean, if Annie ever had kids, they'd presumably inherit her superpowers, like mutants do -- but for some reason, mutants have always been considered different from "Gifted" characters.)

Doesn't "dumping" Annie at the Xavier school defeat the whole purpose of a Spidey family? To me, the way the Xavier school gets attacked every other year, she'd be better off with mom and dad!
    That does assume that the story ends with the Parkers accepting enrollment. For all we know, the adventure may lead them to declining.

Mutants get random powers, not the same powers as their parents. So Hulk's kids Skaar and Lyra aren't mutants (they're both Hulks with additional powers from their mothers). Neither are Annie or Mayday (who have exactly the same powers as Peter). But Franklin is, as he doesn't stretch like Dad or turn invisible and make forcefields like Mom, instead he's a reality warper.