Page 35 of 155 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    I hope that isn't the case. Renew Your Vows is the only Spider-Man series that I've been enjoying lately and it would be a real shame if it was cancelled so soon. Sales haven't been particularly great, but it still sells better than many other books on the market (which isn't really a good sign).
    it'll last long enough. We already thought the series drifted closer to cancellation when the May issue didn't make the top 100 but with the confirmation that the series will have up to thirteen issues is a good sign that it will carry on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    it'll last long enough. We already thought the series drifted closer to cancellation when the May issue didn't make the top 100 but with the confirmation that the series will have up to thirteen issues is a good sign that it will carry on.
    I also heard reports of issue #8 selling out, so that gives me hope.

Incredible Member

I also heard reports of issue #8 selling out, so that gives me hope.
    Yeah. Good news.... (breakdown) Ohoho MAN! I am not looking forward to the time skip.

I really wanted to spend more time with young Annie and Peter and MJ as young parents. It was more unique to them and we were still exploring this universe for its still in its infancy. I don't want an aged up Annie. Not yet anyway. Gradual build up and progression towards a teenage Annie is what's needed, not an instant issue to issue time acceleration. Now I can't help but feel that RYV is becoming the MC2 2.0. which isn't exactly a bad thing but it is at the same time. My point is, teen spider daughter has already been done and extensively with Spider Girl running for over 100 issues. Kid Spider Daughter is still a fresh new idea. Even if having a kid crime fight (which I believe is a bad idea and irresponsible for Peter to allow), Annie can still be prohibited from fighting but can find herself in situations beyond her control where she has to use her powers. Peter can even give her training as an extracurricular activity without engaging villains.

Now I feel that Annie is going to be Mayday 2.0. I tried to shake away the feeling but its stuck on that train of thought due to the massive similarity.

This was taken from an article in IGN regarding Legacy:

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #13 is titled "Eight Years Later," which could mean that the series is permanently jumping forward eight years and shifting focus to a teenage Annie May Parker. Interesting, but at what point does RNV become a rehash of the MC2 Spider-Girl comics?
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/...lines-revealed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    Yeah. Good news.... (breakdown) Ohoho MAN! I am not looking forward to the time skip.

I really wanted to spend more time with young Annie and Peter and MJ as young parents. It was more unique to them and we were still exploring this universe for its still in its infancy. I don't want an aged up Annie. Not yet anyway. Gradual build up and progression towards a teenage Annie is what's needed, not an instant issue to issue time acceleration. Now I can't help but feel that RYV is becoming the MC2 2.0. which isn't exactly a bad thing but it is at the same time. My point is, teen spider daughter has already been done and extensively with Spider Girl running for over 100 issues. Kid Spider Daughter is still a fresh new idea. Even if having a kid crime fight (which I believe is a bad idea and irresponsible for Peter to allow), Annie can still be prohibited from fighting but can find herself in situations beyond her control where she has to use her powers. Peter can even give her training as an extracurricular activity without engaging villains.

Now I feel that Annie is going to be Mayday 2.0. I tried to shake away the feeling but its stuck on that train of thought due to the massive similarity.
    My hope is that we will at least see Peter properly train an older Annie for crime-fighting.

Fantastic Member

The time skip will just be for one arc I think. Look on the bright side, we made it to at least 13. Let's hope they aren't using Legacy as a send off, but even so, that's 18 RYV issues. Not a bad innings.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    The time skip will just be for one arc I think. Look on the bright side, we made it to at least 13. Let's hope they aren't using Legacy as a send off, but even so, that's 18 RYV issues. Not a bad innings.
    Oh worry not. Even though I am not looking forward to the time skip I am still very much in love and grateful for the series and will continue to buy as long as they keep releasing it.

Incredible Member

My hope is that we will at least see Peter properly train an older Annie for crime-fighting.
    I wanted to see Peter train young Annie from the comfort of their own rooftop both over it and under it (ceiling spider practice). Odds are that Spiderling will still have been active during the Eight Years later and she's become experienced in her own right. Peter might've already given her training.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I really dislike and don't understand the need for giving this book a time skip? I enjoyed the world building in this series so far, and now we are going to go into one changed a lot in 8 years for no reason. Like others said, we hardly even got development of Annie as a kid, so this is even more dumb.

I'm also kind of...mixed on the time skip.

On the one hand, it'll be interesting seeing Annie as a teenager and what she'll be like and an older Peter and MJ. I mean, if it's eight years later, they've got to be in their late 30's at the least right? We almost never see them depicted that old .

But on the other hand, I really don't think this book needed a time-skip. It only recently felt like the book was hitting it's groove as far as developing the family dynamic and the Parkers as characters, their supporting cast, and the world of RYV, and now they're throwing in a random time-skip that will probably shake everything up. On some level I can see why they would do this, since the book's chances of being a long-runner isn't a guarantee and they want to do something big before it ends, but it just seems like too much .

But I will say I do prefer Annie's older costume to her current one as a kid .

I'm not sure the time skip is a good idea, but we'll see.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm also kind of...mixed on the time skip.

On the one hand, it'll be interesting seeing Annie as a teenager and what she'll be like and an older Peter and MJ. I mean, if it's eight years later, they've got to be in their late 30's at the least right? We almost never see them depicted that old .

But on the other hand, I really don't think this book needed a time-skip. It only recently felt like the book was hitting it's groove as far as developing the family dynamic and the Parkers as characters, their supporting cast, and the world of RYV, and now they're throwing in a random time-skip that will probably shake everything up. On some level I can see why they would do this, since the book's chances of being a long-runner isn't a guarantee and they want to do something big before it ends, but it just seems like too much .

But I will say I do prefer Annie's older costume to her current one as a kid .
    Well damn, pretty much what I came here to say lol. Fully agreed.
    If I could choose I'd prefer the time skip to not happen, buuut we'll see how it goes...

Incredible Member

I believe the best way to perform this time skip is a with a gradual build up of issues rather than an instant time jump from one issue to another. Time can be manipulated in the comic book landscape. They can slowly ease the transition and accelerate time to reach the eight years later story mark.

However I will agree that this drastic change can also be because the book is by no means protected should its sales falter.

Why do I feel like the time skip is happening just so they can do Annie/Normie stuff properly?

I don't like this decision at all.

I think I agree with most people that I'm not sure about the time skip (assuming that it's the new setting and not a special flash forward story). However, I do like her new costume on the cover better than the current one and am curious about what new stories can be told eight years down the road.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think I agree with most people that I'm not sure about the time skip (assuming that it's the new setting and not a special flash forward story). However, I do like her new costume on the cover better than the current one and am curious about what new stories can be told eight years down the road.
    Mayday Parker Spider Girl 2.0. LOL

That's the vibe I get and can't shake it off.