Page 4 of 155 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #6
    GERRY CONWAY (w) • RYAN STEGMAN (a/C)
    RESURRXION VARIANT COVER BY ED McGUINNESS
    • And now…the X-Men!
    • Annie just received an invitation to attend Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters.
    • Guest-Starring Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Professor X!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Good to see that this AU Wolverine isn't dead and replaced with OML and X23. Excuse me if that is not Spider-Man, but still, I am pissed off that they killed Wolverine!

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Word of mouth? The original RYV miniseries indicated that in this world, Spider-Man was known for being a mysterious loner. If he's suddenly working with a small team, that would draw attention. (Bear in though, that the RYV miniseries seems to have very loose continuity, so information in that may not prove to be very accurate.)

Since Annine inherited her powers from her dad, not an X-Gene, wouldn't that be a no? (I don't know how fictional Marvel genetics work, but as I understand it, Peter's DNA was altered by the spider bite, changing him on a physical level. So, essentially, Annie was born with an unique genetic template, being half superhuman and half normal human, on her mom's side. It does sound like semantics to me -- I mean, if Annie ever had kids, they'd presumably inherit her superpowers, like mutants do -- but for some reason, mutants have always been considered different from "Gifted" characters.)

That does assume that the story ends with the Parkers accepting enrollment. For all we know, the adventure may lead them to declining.
    Altered DNA = mutant. I personally thought the whole concept of Spider-Man is not a mutant because he wasn't born that way as mentioned in House of M was pretty stupid. His geneson are altered and he gets his powers from that altered genetics.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Altered DNA = mutant. I personally thought the whole concept of Spider-Man is not a mutant because he wasn't born that way as mentioned in House of M was pretty stupid. His geneson are altered and he gets his powers from that altered genetics.
    In the real world, yes. In the Marvel Universe, people who had their genes altered post-birth are called mutates and mutants are the ones who are born with mutated genes, the so-called X-factor in human DNA.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Perhaps they are going back to the '60's idea that radiation causes the creation of mutants. (Hank McCoy's father worked in a nuclear power plant and was exposed to radiation.) Peter was bitten by a radioactive spider...

I like Mary Jane's hair in the style that we've seen it in so far.
    I wonder if it was meant to be a callback to when she was wearing the red dress in Spider-Man 1.

That being said MJ looks good with her hair untied also.

Conway has indicated that it'll be story fodder later down the road, although we have no details on the when and hows yet. The questions I'm most curious about right now is if MJ does find another power source will it be a variation of the spider powers she's using now, or will it be something completely different? Also, what's more likely, MJ finding different tech to use or her becoming a mutate like her husband and daughter either through an accident or by volunteering for a procedure to gain superpowers?
    Maybe Peter ends up having to give MJ a blood transfusion. (It worked for Jennifer Walters! :-) )

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Maybe Peter ends up having to give MJ a blood transfusion. (It worked for Jennifer Walters! :-) )
    Wasn't there that story where Peter gave his aunt a transfusion and it just made her sick?

Wasn't there that story where Peter gave his aunt a transfusion and it just made her sick?
    I wonder if they'll say MJ's body had built up a tolerance or something because of her years of "sharing a toothbrush" (as Spider-Island put it) with Peter and even carrying a child he fathered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I wonder if they'll say MJ's body had built up a tolerance or something because of her years of "sharing a toothbrush" (as Spider-Island put it) with Peter and even carrying a child he fathered.
    Well, a baby and its mother do alter each other's DNA during pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In the real world, yes. In the Marvel Universe, people who had their genes altered post-birth are called mutates and mutants are the ones who are born with mutated genes, the so-called X-factor in human DNA.
    So Annie is a mutant? Because she had the alteration from conception. At least that's my reasoning right there.

Yup, master planner, and Dock Ock had the antidote in an undersea lair. Good old Spider-Man for ya right there!

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

I absolutely love this book <3 I hope it lasts for a long time.

Astonishing Member

First, MJ empowered by a symbiote could be a way to give her own powers. It's like they did in "Ultimate Spider-Man" bonding her with Carnage, although I didn't like it. Also, there's a cover around there where MJ is trying to resist the Venom symbiote. Now THAT would be a story.

Second, about the next issue in solicitations, I'm glad MJ let her hair go. However, being recruited by the X-Men? No, thanks!! Sorry for X-Fans, but that's a very bad idea:
    + Annie is not really a mutant, just like Mayday wasn't, so she doesn't fit here.
    + No offense, but after years and years, it's obvious that if you live with the X-Men in their mansion or whereever you go, you'll be anything but safe. Every mutant hater and enemy come here to destroy teachers and students, so Peter and MJ wouldn't let Annie to run such risk continuously.

Don't you think I'm right?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

MJ empowered by a symbiote and trying to resist the Venom symbiote...That could work.

So what kind of costume does MJ wear? Who designed it? How does it "tap" into Peter's powers?