Page 45 of 155 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Was it mentioned how Harry died in this reality. Did he overdose like his original death or was it something else?
    Nothing specific yet. The next issue is supposed to be about Normie, so maybe that will be addressed there. A lot of questions I had about the current state of Oscorp and the Osborns were answered as the series went on.

(Did Harry die before or after Peter and MJ got married. If it was before, I'd guess the odds are good that it's the same as 616. If after, that's were the changes start to pile up, leaving it more up in the air if it happened the same way or differently.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Nothing specific yet. The next issue is supposed to be about Normie, so maybe that will be addressed there. A lot of questions I had about the current state of Oscorp and the Osborns were answered as the series went on.

(Did Harry die before or after Peter and MJ got married. If it was before, I'd guess the odds are good that it's the same as 616. If after, that's were the changes start to pile up, leaving it more up in the air if it happened the same way or differently.)
    How can it be the same as the 616 if he died before they were married? In the 616 he died after the marrige. Seems likely its going to be the same type of thing here. I am more curious about Norman then Harry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    How can it be the same as the 616 if he died before they were married? In the 616 he died after the marrige. Seems likely its going to be the same type of thing here. I am more curious about Norman then Harry.
    Also, it's been referenced in this series that Liz divorced Harry...where as she and Harry were still married when he died in Spectacular#200 and Liz was left a grieving widow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Also, it's been referenced in this series that Liz divorced Harry...where as she and Harry were still married when he died in Spectacular#200 and Liz was left a grieving widow.
    Well then it really cant be Harrys original death at all. We will have to see but as we already knows this universe is quite different from the 616 universe from years back. Atleast from around before civil war but maybe even longer before that. Maybe Harry is in fact not dead at all but just "dead" to Liz and Normie.

Okay. I remembered that Harry did die and that that was undone in BND, but I didn't remember the timeframe.

Interesting.

Well then it really cant be Harrys original death at all. We will have to see but as we already knows this universe is quite different from the 616 universe from years back. Atleast from around before civil war but maybe even longer before that. Maybe Harry is in fact not dead at all but just "dead" to Liz and Normie.
    While my knowledge of 616 is a little fragmented, I suspect a case could be made that the diversion point is Kraven's Last Hunt; the original mini shows Kraven is active in the
    "present," which is not the case in 616. (Of course, that doesn't take into account that there are major continuity errors between the original mini and the ongoing, and it assumes that RYV branched off of 616 and isn't a "generic" Spider-Man world that, while close in tone to the original, was "always" its own thing.)

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Oh, interesting! I must have missed that.
    Could you tell me in which issue this was mentioned?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingFantasy View Post
    Oh, interesting! I must have missed that.
    Could you tell me in which issue this was mentioned?
    Issue Seven, last page.

''I left Mrs Osborn behind when I divorced my husband...call me Liz, or if you have to, Ms. Allan''

BANNED

While my knowledge of 616 is a little fragmented, I suspect a case could be made that the diversion point is Kraven's Last Hunt; the original mini shows Kraven is active in the
    "present," which is not the case in 616. (Of course, that doesn't take into account that there are major continuity errors between the original mini and the ongoing, and it assumes that RYV branched off of 616 and isn't a "generic" Spider-Man world that, while close in tone to the original, was "always" its own thing.)
    That does not really have to be the case no.
    Kraven IS active in the current universe to. He was brought back years ago by his wife and daugter. Maybe something similiar happened in the RYW universe. I actually hope that is the case because then we can have a daughter/father vs daugter/father fight happen.

BANNED

MC2 is the reality where most of the major deaths of the 80s and 90s still stand [Kraven, Harry, Ben Reilly, Aunt May], though that's long been discontinued

And Stan's newspaper comic strip never did kill Kraven off either, and he was a popular choice of villain so he appeared a lot in the strip during the decades he was dead in 616.

Funny enough, the major death that sticks in the strip is Norman's demise from the 70s.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-07-2017 at 11:11 AM.

That does not really have to be the case no.
    Kraven IS active in the current universe to. He was brought back years ago by his wife and daugter. Maybe something similiar happened in the RYW universe. I actually hope that is the case because then we can have a daughter/father vs daugter/father fight happen.
    Heard of that story, but I thought that Kraven came back wrong, killed his family and then eventually re-died?

Now, you could be right, however explaining that "he died and was resurrected" is a lot more complicated than just saying he never died in the first place.

Of course, for all we know, RYV will ignore the original mini and just chalk up Kraven being alive there as an oddity of the universe getting wrapped up in Battleworld or something.

BANNED

Heard of that story, but I thought that Kraven came back wrong, killed his family and then eventually re-died?

Now, you could be right, however explaining that "he died and was resurrected" is a lot more complicated than just saying he never died in the first place.

Of course, for all we know, RYV will ignore the original mini and just chalk up Kraven being alive there as an oddity of the universe getting wrapped up in Battleworld or something.
    Thats not entirely what happened no. After he was brought back he re-killed one of his sons, the one who has been brought bak from death in a lion like form, and his daughter killed the other son and they took of to "rebuild the family" or something like that. He then later on fought several heroes like the hulk and venom. Most prominently he fought Kain who did "kill" him and then brought him back imidently. The last time I saw him was very recently in a tie in to Secret empire. His daughter was also in a couple of differint series including one where it turns out she was part inhuman and was exposed to the mist.

But he and his daughter could easely be in RYW without any problems since we know he is alive there. So could his daughter nomatter if he died or not. It would add to the whole generations/family thing to have the Parkers fight a dark family like that. They could even have chamelon in it to.

Just found out about this series after having stopped reading Spidey when OMD happened. I'm one of the old Spidey fans that used to have Amazing Fantasy 15, and the full run of all Spidey issues (Amazing, Spectacular, Web of, etc.). Getting rid of MJ and Peter's marriage was enough for me to be done. At that point it was no longer the character I grew up with. I'm sure I've ranted here a long time ago so I'll leave it at that. But, heard about this and I am going to give it a shot. The only thing I still have been buying are the Marvel Masterworks for Spider-Man. Other than that I am and have been done with current Marvel. But, I will give this a shot as the closest thing I will probably ever get to the Spidey I want.

As of right now my head canon for the "Renew Your Vows" world is that everything from 616 is canon up till the marriage. Afterwards everything else is a grey area.

Since Eddie still knew that Peter is Spider-Man he likely never got amnesia in this world.
    Giving that Peter and Mary Jane still look pretty young they most likely had Annie at an earlier point than Mayday would have been born.
    And so far it seems like the 90's Clone Saga never happened here.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigFeathers View Post
    Just found out about this series after having stopped reading Spidey when OMD happened. I'm one of the old Spidey fans that used to have Amazing Fantasy 15, and the full run of all Spidey issues (Amazing, Spectacular, Web of, etc.). Getting rid of MJ and Peter's marriage was enough for me to be done. At that point it was no longer the character I grew up with. I'm sure I've ranted here a long time ago so I'll leave it at that. But, heard about this and I am going to give it a shot. The only thing I still have been buying are the Marvel Masterworks for Spider-Man. Other than that I am and have been done with current Marvel. But, I will give this a shot as the closest thing I will probably ever get to the Spidey I want.
    This series supplies the humor and feel that was missed for so long. Even though its different. You know what I'm talkin' bout...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    And so far it seems like the 90's Clone Saga never happened here.
    Conway in an interview last year did seem to indicate he wasn't ''sure'' if there was a Clone Saga, but never committed to an answer. I doubt there's going to be much focus on what occured in the series past...are we even sure Felicia even exists in this universe? I'd love to know what happened with her here and if she stayed on the straight and narrow. Even MC2 eventually touched up on what happened to her in it's reality (though we learn she retired, married and divorced Flash, and raised two children, one of whom became the Scarlet Spider)