Page 5 of 155 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So what kind of costume does MJ wear? Who designed it? How does it "tap" into Peter's powers?
    MJ is wearing a kind of Mrs. Spider-Man kind of costume that she designed and Peter helped build that uses Regent's tech that lets her "tap" into his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    First, MJ empowered by a symbiote could be a way to give her own powers. It's like they did in "Ultimate Spider-Man" bonding her with Carnage, although I didn't like it. Also, there's a cover around there where MJ is trying to resist the Venom symbiote. Now THAT would be a story.
    I wonder if would make sense that MJ would be willing to use a symbote, though? In the 616 comics, she had a traumatic experience with Venom bad enough that she asked Peter to stop using his cloth black costume (and according to the miniseries, that is part of the RYV continuity). Peter would know firsthand how dangerous using one is and how it badly affects the host. Don't know if MJ saw of any of Peter's time as a host in the comics like she did in the movies (say what you will about SM3's dance scenes, but I maintain that the scene were Peter accidentally decks MJ and resulting realization of how low he's sunk was some of the best stuff in the film franchise), but it seems she would've heard about it. Does it make sense that the Parkers would think it's okay for her to use one long term?

Second, about the next issue in solicitations, I'm glad MJ let her hair go. However, being recruited by the X-Men? No, thanks!! Sorry for X-Fans, but that's a very bad idea:
    + Annie is not really a mutant, just like Mayday wasn't, so she doesn't fit here.

+ No offense, but after years and years, it's obvious that if you live with the X-Men in their mansion or whereever you go, you'll be anything but safe. Every mutant hater and enemy come here to destroy teachers and students, so Peter and MJ wouldn't let Annie to run such risk continuously.

Don't you think I'm right?
    It's been my understanding that the X-Men have worked with non-mutants before. Also, in X-Men: Apocalypse, Professor X did say that he wanted to expand the Institute to teach both mutants and non-mutants. So, I don't see Annie's invitation is being illogical. The latter point is a standard hazard of living in comic book land. On top of that, the X-Men could help train Annie to have better superheroing skills. It doesn't seem like an idea that should be dismissed out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    MJ is wearing a kind of Mrs. Spider-Man kind of costume that she designed and Peter helped build that uses Regent's tech that lets her "tap" into his powers.
    Just don't tell her that .

n 4 preview

The years have not been kind to Mole Man, evidently .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks for the preview, juan678.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Indeed, he's in desperate need of major exfoliation.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

I wonder if we can see other fantastic four villains as well, or even Fantastic Four themselves, in this series. Since, RYV universe is much more "classic" type universe than current 616 universe.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    I wonder if we can see other fantastic four villains as well, or even Fantastic Four themselves, in this series. Since, RYV universe is much more "classic" type universe than current 616 universe.
    It's my understanding that as the only series set in this specific world, Conway and Stegman can use pretty much anyone they want (assuming that their bosses approve it). I also understand that they want to get the Human Torch, at least, a guest spot somewhere along the line. However, since it's a Spider-Man book, I would prefer that Spider-Man characters are used most of the time.

However, since FF's Mole-Man is the villain of choice for the opening story and the X-Men will be guest-stars for story three (Issue #6), there is a precedent for the series utilizing lots of pieces of the Marvel world on a frequent basis.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Were they ever?

I am so, so, so, so, SO lucking forward to getting issue 4.

Astonishing Member

I can't wait for the next issue!! Seriously, this Spider-Family would only need either Ben Reilly or Kaine to be full. And if Jessica Drew has a baby in this reality too, they could get advance of that too.

I can't wait for the next issue!! Seriously, this Spider-Family would only need either Ben Reilly or Kaine to be full.
    Based on the timeframes given, it sounds like the RYV timeline diverged prior to the Clone Saga, so I doubt they exist in this series. (Also, given that Annie was ostensibly born a couple years into Peter and MJ's marriage, it sounds like she was their first kid, so Mayday probably doesn't exist in this series, much less miscarried/kidnapped/whatever.)

And if Jessica Drew has a baby in this reality too, they could get advance of that too.
    Didn't they do that in the main comics? (I don't know, since the main Jessica Drew has no real connections to Spider-Man -- unlike in Ultimate, where she a clone of him -- I'm not sure that it would have that much relevance to the Parkers.)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

It's been a well done series so far! I also like how as Spider-Man books always should, they're crafting a good supporting cast around the jobs/situation for each of them.

Also happy that Conroy said that we should get a issue about Annie's birth. And I kinda hope they consider doing a MC2 crossover with May down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Also happy that Conroy said that we should get a issue about Annie's birth.
    Wonder how that'll work?

And I kinda hope they consider doing a MC2 crossover with May down the road.
    How would you vote they do that?

It's been a well done series so far! I also like how as Spider-Man books always should, they're crafting a good supporting cast around the jobs/situation for each of them.

Also happy that Conroy said that we should get a issue about Annie's birth. And I kinda hope they consider doing a MC2 crossover with May down the road.
    That sounds like quite the idea. Having Mayday regard Annie as her half-sister.
    Pull List: Currently Empty