Page 51 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And considering that someone is going to poke their "super-sensitive" nose into things, would that mean Wolverine (either Logan, or --- just my personal preference since this is the next generation of heroes, too --- Laura)?
    Well, either would work. Given that RYV is a generational Spidey thing, having the two generations of Wolverines could work. On the other hand, since RYV gave Wolverine another kid of his own, you have to wonder how that would look years later, too.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, either would work. Given that RYV is a generational Spidey thing, having the two generations of Wolverines could work. On the other hand, since RYV gave Wolverine another kid of his own, you have to wonder how that would look years later, too.
    Ooh, I almost forgot about that. I would appreciate seeing a callback to the characters from the X-Men storyline. Obviously Xavier took an interest in Annie, so it would be nice to see if they were able to develop some sort of relationship even if Annie did not end up at the school.

I like to know if in the 8 year "jump", does MJ's abilities as a superhero develop in any way or is she STILL dependent on Peter?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I like to know if in the 8 year "jump", does MJ's abilities as a superhero develop in any way or is she STILL dependent on Peter?
    Good question. I imagine we'll find out what happens with the Venom symbiote in the next couple of issues.

The whole idea of sharing powers was a metaphor for what partners share in a marriage and in parenthood. Now, the question you do pose is an interesting one. And I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Well, the art samples we've seen make it look like she's still using the red and white Regent suit, so maybe she and Peter as still splitting his power set?

Well, the art samples we've seen make it look like she's still using the red and white Regent suit, so maybe she and Peter as still splitting his power set?
    It looks that way. It's an interesting dynamic with some tension built in. The Mysterio fight was a great execution of this, and I really felt for both Peter and MJ. If they are sharing powers, we'll have to see how well they've learned to work as partners over 8 years. So far, they've still been struggling to figure it all out. After 8 years of partnership, they should have the system down.

BANNED

Nick Lowe ribs/praises Ryan on twitter

Someone found this on Nick Lowes Twitter

I know we all like to make fun of @RyanStegman .
    That's all. Just wanted to feel camaraderie with the rest of Twitter.
    But seriously, @RyanStegman just turned in a page and I'm blown away by how visually distinct every individual character is.
    While I'm feeling generous to @RyanStegman , his writing on ASM:RENEW #11 is fantastic. It's such a great issue between him and @brian_level
    I mean, when you meet Ryan, it seems IMPOSSIBLE he could put a sentence together much less write an emotionally challenging terrific issue.

Astonishing Member

I truly can't wait for the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This beats out her old costume and her mom's normal one in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This beats out her old costume and her mom's normal one in my opinion .
    Yea and it's nice that they came up with a costume that's it's own thing and not any kind of knockoff of Mayday's. It'd be pretty cool if we could see the two meet one day. Kinda wonder if Annie will get a new hero name, possibly having grown out of Spiderling by that point.

BANNED

Bendis seemingly approved of a tumblr theory going about that RYV Peter and MJ were the Ultimate versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bendis seemingly approved of a tumblr theory going about that RYV Peter and MJ were the Ultimate versions.
    Interesting "Shrug of God." I wouldn't mind in and of itself (given that the idea of the Ultimate versions of those characters getting married and raising a family gets a thumbs up from this reader). However, if that were the case, how would we explain that the backstories we see are from the 616 comics, not the Ultimate ones (for example, Harry Osborn's death was not via Green Goblin on a helicarrier, Peter and MJ's first meeting is the blind date in college, not in early childhood, etc.).

Interesting "Shrug of God." I wouldn't mind in and of itself (given that the idea of the Ultimate versions of those characters getting married and raising a family gets a thumbs up from this reader). However, if that were the case, how would we explain that the backstories we see are from the 616 comics, not the Ultimate ones (for example, Harry Osborn's death was not via Green Goblin on a helicarrier, Peter and MJ's first meeting is the blind date in college, not in early childhood, etc.).
    Bendis and continuity.*sigh*