Page 56 of 155 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Like how Star Trek does "holodeck malfunction" episodes?
    Kind of. They are generally regarded as fan service filler, although I often appreciate a chance to see the characters unwind and take a break from fighting demons or whatever. If there is a crisis, it's usually more comedic in nature.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    RYV fans should check out the latest issue of Venomverse; MJ plays a more active role.
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I quite like that she told the Poison Peter that she reminded him a little of her Spider...and she also made sure to protect Peter's identity in front of Eddie and the others (though she almost let it slip)
    end of spoilers

Though I'm now finding it weird MJ's had more to do in her dimension-hopping event than her husband got to do in Spider-Verse
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-14-2017 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I quite like that she told the Poison Peter that she reminded him a little of her Spider...and she also made sure to protect Peter's identity in front of Eddie and the others (though she almost let it slip)
    end of spoilers

Though I'm now finding it weird MJ's had more to do in her dimension-hopping event than her husband got to do in Spider-Verse
    RYV Peter was basically just another Peter Parker Spider-Man. His cameo was meant to be a tease for RYV.

But all the Venoms in this story seem to be unique. So MJ stands out more. If there were more VenoMJs out there, she wouldn't stand out as much. (VenoMJ seems to be back in RYV #11.)

BANNED

Speaking of that, here's the preview

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...-your-vows-11/

Peter and MJ both left laying, leaving Annie against The Rhino!

Venomverse's preview is there as well.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-venomverse-3/

BANNED

Speaking of that, here's the preview

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...-your-vows-11/

Peter and MJ both left laying, leaving Annie against The Rhino!
    Well that was quick work of Peter and MJ .

I get they're trying to give Annie a big heroic moment, but I don't know how I'd feel about a little kid being able to actually beat Rhino. But I'll wait and see how it's handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I get they're trying to give Annie a big heroic moment, but I don't know how I'd feel about a little kid being able to actually beat Rhino. But I'll wait and see how it's handled.
    Haha, isn't this always the problem with previews? We're left guessing and drawing conclusions that might not be quite right.

I expect this is just a reasonable excuse for Annie to jump into the fight so she's not sitting on the sidelines. Peter and MJ are briefly incapacitated, so Annie jumps in to protect them. Peter and MJ will be back on their feet soon enough, but by then all three Parkers will be in the thick of it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Well, to be honest, this is not the first time Annie face the Rhino. I mean, during Secret Wars, she managed to avoid him and mock him when he and other Regent's henchmen attacked the base of the Resistance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, to be honest, this is not the first time Annie face the Rhino. I mean, during Secret Wars, she managed to avoid him and mock him when he and other Regent's henchmen attacked the base of the Resistance.
    And she and MJ also fought him off in one of the back-up stories in the first issue of the ongoing (which was the final appearance to date of MJ's Regent tech outfit from the first mini-series)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I think it might be more a matter of "be careful what you wish for." She wanted on the coolest ride in the amusement park, and not many rides come cooler (or more dangerous) than the Rhino.

As for Venomverse #3, VenoMJ and Venom Rocket chatting it up. That looks like the kind of crazy s*** you'd never think you'd see in a comic . . . but it actually does exist, and that's not even getting into the Guardians of the Galaxy guest-starring in the Spider-Man comic strip.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As for Venomverse #3, VenoMJ and Venom Rocket chatting it up. That looks like the kind of crazy s*** you'd never think you'd see in a comic . . . but it actually does exist, and that's not even getting into the Guardians of the Galaxy guest-starring in the Spider-Man comic strip.
    The Peter/MJ/Rocket Road Trip was absolute gold.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

The Peter/MJ/Rocket Road Trip was absolute gold.
    Yeah, maybe we can get something like that in RYV itself.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

It surprises though that, in this preview, MJ is still wearing the Venom Symbiote. I mean, Peter knows how dangerous it is, and even if he absorbed Venom's strength into himself to allow MJ to keep control over it, why to risk of Venom taking control of MJ again?

I really can't wait for next issue. Who knows what Normie must be planning?, especially know that he has become a Goblin Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    And she and MJ also fought him off in one of the back-up stories in the first issue of the ongoing (which was the final appearance to date of MJ's Regent tech outfit from the first mini-series)
    Although given the loosey-goosey nature of RYV's continuity, it's a little unclear if both those events happened in the main comic's storyline; some things in the mini seemed to have happened basically as is (Venom, for example) while others (the flying cars, the X-Men dying) did not happen at all. The backup story may not be canon (the timeframe's wrong, there are flying cars, and Annie's costume has a different backstory than in the main series).