Page 7 of 155 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, it would be an unusual family tree.
    Still much less unusual than Summers and Grey family tree.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Still much less unusual than Summers and Grey family tree.
    Isn't it kind of the same idea though? The same people have different kids in different realities. The only differences I can see are that Annie and her parents seem unaware of the existence of parallel universes, so they don't have to deal with it.

Isn't it kind of the same idea though? The same people have different kids in different realities. The only differences I can see are that Annie and her parents seem unaware of the existence of parallel universes, so they don't have to deal with it.
    If we're talking about Rachel, then yeah. But about Cable, he's the son of Scott and Jean's clone Madelyne, who also have a clone named Stryfe.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    If we're talking about Rachel, then yeah. But about Cable, he's the son of Scott and Jean's clone Madelyne, who also have a clone named Stryfe.
    Wouldn't Cable be Rachel's half-brother then?

Wouldn't Cable be Rachel's half-brother then?
    Yes, he would be at that.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Since Jean and Madelyne are completely genetically identical due to Madelyne being a clone of Jean and both of them had children with Cyclops, biologically, Cable and Rachel would be full siblings and not half. Of course, they would be half-siblings in terms of their legal relationship to each other.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I think this thread is going a little off the rails. But I guess that's to be expected when we get into X-Men talk.

I wonder if X-Men continuity won't be so complicated in RYV.

I wonder if RYV MJ and Jean will be friends.

I wonder if Jean has any children of her own in RYV that aren't from the future. Maybe they could befriend Annie.

It'll be nice to see Peter and Logan together again, even if it's not the 616 versions .

I wonder what other X-Men we might see...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be nice to see Peter and Logan together again, even if it's not the 616 versions .
    They have a history of interacting outside of the Ultimate comics?

I wonder what other X-Men we might see...
    Who else was active in the '90s comics?

The official statement is that Professor X, Jean Grey, Wolverine, and Cyclops will be guest-starring. Whether any other X-Men will be appearing as well in any capacity (cameos, a couple scenes, etc.) remains to be seen.

My favorite X-Men characters are Rogue and Nightcrawler, but since I'm thinking of the movies and the Evolution cartoon when I say that, I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy a recreation of the '90s comics. Case in point, I've seen bits and pieces of '90s comic Rogue (and the old cartoon based on that) and I really disliked that version.

They have a history of interacting outside of the Ultimate comics?
    They were pretty close by the time 616 Logan died.

Who else was active in the '90s comics?

The official statement is that Professor X, Jean Grey, Wolverine, and Cyclops will be guest-starring. Whether any other X-Men will be appearing as well in any capacity (cameos, a couple scenes, etc.) remains to be seen.

My favorite X-Men characters are Rogue and Nightcrawler, but since I'm thinking of the movies and the Evolution cartoon when I say that, I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy a recreation of the '90s comics. Case in point, I've seen bits and pieces of '90s comic Rogue (and the old cartoon based on that) and I really disliked that version.
    Classic 90's Rogue would be a lot of fun to watch play off the Parkers though .

They were pretty close by the time 616 Logan died.
    They were so close that Wolverine asked Spidey to teach some classes at the school... and therefore take over the Wolverine and the X-Men book (which got a new #1 as Spider-Man and the X-Men, but was effectively a mini, ending due to Secret Wars). Sam Wilson saw Peter with the X kids and thought that Spidey must've therefore been a mutant himself. In reality, he was just doing a favour to his New Avengers teammate.

Astonishing Member

Beaten to creating this thread. Best Spidey book both the original and the ongoing in a while.

Conway on Twitter said Jean is married in the RYV-verse.

https://twitter.com/gerryconway/stat...14383292248064

https://twitter.com/gerryconway/stat...16153250783232

But I noticed he didn't specifically say she was married to Scott Summers. What if she were married to... Logan?

Might explain this picture.

https://twitter.com/RyanStegman/stat...04106979115010

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

But I noticed he didn't specifically say she was married to Scott Summers. What if she were married to... Logan?
    Huh, that would be changeup.

If it's what we're thinking, that raises a few questions, specifically if the X-Men know who team Spider-Man really is, or at least if Spider-Man and Spinneret are married or are an item. I mean, they are working with a kid, so the team being a family isn't exactly a stretch. (Although, given that 616 Cyclops abandoned his first wife when Jean came back and later had an affair when married to Jean, the guy doesn't exactly have a clean record for faithfulness.)

Might explain this picture.

https://twitter.com/RyanStegman/stat...04106979115010

If Jean's married to Logan than this universe instantly drops it's numbers on it's awesomeness.

Huh, that would be changeup.

If it's what we're thinking, that raises a few questions, specifically if the X-Men know who team Spider-Man really is, or at least if Spider-Man and Spinneret are married or are an item. I mean, they are working with a kid, so the team being a family isn't exactly a stretch. (Although, given that 616 Cyclops abandoned his first wife when Jean came back and later had an affair when married to Jean, the guy doesn't exactly have a clean record for faithfulness.)
    My inner Cyclops fan wants to... do a lot of things. But because this isn't the place and the debate is very old, I'll just say this:

1. About leaving his wife and kid. It's complicated. I'm not saying what he did was right, but things weren't as simple.
    2. The affair with Emma. Jean wasn't a saint either. She was throwing herself at Logan. Scott was also under depression after being possessed by Apocalypse. Still doesn't make it justified, but there were other factors.