Page 77 of 155 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2312
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Geez! I think this proves humanity has gone too quickly these last decades. I was born back in 80's and I'm just in my 30's, and I still remember things from those decades, like Michael Jackson, the VHS, the cassettes, the walkman (just like Star-Lord's), "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends"... etc. For me, those times are still like they were just yesterday.

However, the youngest ones nowadays speak of those things like they were from a century ago. (OK, technically, they are from the previous century, but not 100 years ago). Kids nowadays should learn to respect things than came before them. It's like they believe we were in the stone age before all Internet, tablets and cellphones' stuff!! A little respect!!
    LOL Like how our generation were anymore respectful about the 70s, 60s and so on? If you think we were than I think you need to take off those rose coloured spectacles LOL. I'm an ''80s babe'' myself.

BANNED

From MST3K:

"They won't end, these credits just won't end"

"Just like the stupid 80s, they never ended either"

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Geez! I think this proves humanity has gone too quickly these last decades. I was born back in 80's and I'm just in my 30's, and I still remember things from those decades, like Michael Jackson, the VHS, the cassettes, the walkman (just like Star-Lord's), "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends"... etc. For me, those times are still like they were just yesterday.

However, the youngest ones nowadays speak of those things like they were from a century ago. (OK, technically, they are from the previous century, but not 100 years ago). Kids nowadays should learn to respect things than came before them. It's like they believe we were in the stone age before all Internet, tablets and cellphones' stuff!! A little respect!!
    I grew in the '90s and '00s. Was never into Jackson and didn't see that Spider-Man cartoon (except for a little bit in college), but I remember VHS and cassettes very well.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I grew in the '90s and '00s. Was never into Jackson and didn't see that Spider-Man cartoon (except for a little bit in college), but I remember VHS and cassettes very well.
    I grew up in the '70's and early 80's. The golden age of Saturday morning cartoons where Hanna-Barbara ruled. I can even remember when the Jackson 5 had their own cartoon show. In the mid '70's, I would come home from school and watch syndicated reruns of the '67 Spiderman cartoon...

BANNED

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #16

JODY HOUSER (W) NATHAN STOCKMAN (A) Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

FAST TIMES AT MIDTOWN HIGH Part 1

* A brand new school year, a brand new adventure!

* Annie is in high school, but is that her DAD she sees wandering the halls?

* Between homework, hallways, and hostile super villain battles after class...

* ...Being a teen super hero is a lot more stressful than it used to be.

32 pages, $3.99.

So Annie is now attending Midtown High and Peter is apparently teaching their again in this continuity. Ha .

Reminds me of Girls Meets World if I'm honest...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Annie is now attending Midtown High and Peter is apparently teaching their again in this continuity. Ha .

Reminds me of Girls Meets World if I'm honest...
    I should have watched that series. I really should've. I loved Boy Meets World growing up and enjoyed seeing the reruns in more recent years. Alas, I'm not exactly a Disney Channel guy and I only watch Disney XD for Spider-Man or anything else Marvel.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Enjoyed issue 13 but it read so quickly. My only complaint is that Peter comes off as a little juvenile.

BANNED

Looks as though MJ still has the bun as Spinerett.

BANNED

Overall, I did'nt think Issue 13 was that bad. I'm quite attached already to moody teen Annie. I'll disagree with Russ in that I did not think Peter was too childish, the art made him look that way more than the dialouge...here he was just being a trying-too-hard-dad and I know plenty like that, and even MJ points that out.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

My wife had a bit of a go at me for buying three copies due to the variants but I don't care LOL. I second what Miles To Go said about the issue.

Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    My wife had a bit of a go at me for buying three copies due to the variants but I don't care LOL. I second what Miles To Go said about the issue.
    Which 3 did you get? I liked quite a few of the variants, but I didn't grab any. I'm thinking about getting this one though! It reminds me of Spider-Man Blue

1701773_xl.jpg

I liked the line where Peter said it seems like just last month Annie was a little girl. Broke the fourth wall, of course, since to us readers, she WAS a little girl last month!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Looks as though MJ still has the bun as Spinerett.
    Disappointing .

I also notice that Annie' costume exposes her back.

Yeah, I don't like that. Costumes these days should be practical, not fanservicey. No need for an exposed back - even Wasp doesn't do that nowadays and she could probably justify it because of her wings.