Page 9 of 155 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

He probably never turned good in that reality.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He probably never turned good in that reality.
    Not to mention that the reason he's technically "good" in this reality is that the situation here is just that freaking dire for mutants and therefore Magneto is at least a lesser evil compared to those who would ruthlessly, relentlessly, and gleefully wipe mutants off the face of the Earth. Since RYV looks to be hearkening back to relatively simpler times when morality was a lot clearer than the modern "varyingly dark shades of gray" we've got now, of course there is a much sharper distinction between the X-Men and Magneto and his Brotherhood.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Loving the cover to #5, I've never read a story where Peter fights Magneto before so this is going to be a first for me. Curious to see how Annie and the X-Men get on too, would be nice if some of the classic teenaged girls like Kitty or Jubilee take her under their wing a bit.

Astonishing Member

Guys, in a recent picture posted on Ryan Stegman's Twitter count, we can see what appears to be Wolverine being possessed by Venom. Maybe the symbiote will make a return in this reality once the team-up with the X-Men is finished? I'm pretty sure the return of Venom will be interesting to see in this reality, especially considering what happens during the Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Guys, in a recent picture posted on Ryan Stegman's Twitter count, we can see what appears to be Wolverine being possessed by Venom. Maybe the symbiote will make a return in this reality once the team-up with the X-Men is finished? I'm pretty sure the return of Venom will be interesting to see in this reality, especially considering what happens during the Secret Wars.
    That would certainly be an interesting development. Venom would present a different kind of challenge. He's definitely an upgrade over Mole Man. Personally, I hope it gives Mary Jane a greater opportunity to participate in the fight. Annie really shined in the first arc. I think a battle against Venom would be a great way for Mary Jane to shine as well.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how the first issue played out in the series (did Venom die, did Brock only die, etc.?). Think Wolverine got Venom-possessed in one of the video games.

These was that posted cover art of MJ fighting being Venom-possessed. Maybe that's some kind of clue or thematic connection to the story?

I recall Stegman released a sketch a while back of a really burly guy hiding behind a wall. Could that have been Brock?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how the first issue played out in the series (did Venom die, did Brock only die, etc.?). Think Wolverine got Venom-possessed in one of the video games.

These was that posted cover art of MJ fighting being Venom-possessed. Maybe that's some kind of clue or thematic connection to the story?
    Yep, Web of Shadows. You actually have the option of ripping the symbiote possessing him in half . . . with Wolverine still attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yep, Web of Shadows. You actually have the option of ripping the symbiote possessing him in half . . . with Wolverine still attached.
    Yeah, that was the evil option. Never played the game, only saw YouTube videos. Ironic thing is, while I liked the idea of the moral choices, I'd personally only want to play with the good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, that was the evil option. Never played the game, only saw YouTube videos. Ironic thing is, while I liked the idea of the moral choices, I'd personally only want to play with the good ones.
    Same here. I'm that guy who'd have played Paragon pretty much every time in the Mass Effect games. The evil/Renegade options were intriguing, but would have left a bad taste in my mouth, eventually, and considering a lot of those options involve screwing over or otherwise hurting friends and comrades and loved ones and other people depending on you . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Pow, indeed. He's certainly gonna be a fine fit for Renew Your Vows.

BANNED

Dan Slott tweeted this pic of a lovely cosplaying couple dressed up as Spidey and Spinerett

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

MJ vs The Blob

https://twitter.com/RyanStegman/stat...63611422461952
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-06-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Dan Slott tweeted this pic of a lovely cosplaying couple dressed up as Spidey and Spinerett

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

MJ vs The Blob

https://twitter.com/RyanStegman/stat...63611422461952
    Great pics there. Yeah, as much as we can bag on Slott for the decisions he's made with Spidey, can't really deny that we wouldn't have Renew Your Vows without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Great pics there. Yeah, as much as we can bag on Slott for the decisions he's made with Spidey, can't really deny that we wouldn't have Renew Your Vows without him.
    Yeah, true enough.

Nice to see that the RYV series is already getting cosplayer fans despite being less than half a year old.