Page 93 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2312
    BANNED

Rich takes a bit of a jab at the Spider-Marriage readership in this article about Marvel's lower selling titles

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows at no. 102 is a massive drop — the biggest fall of the chart. Maybe people don’t want to read about a married Spider-Man and Mary Jane after all.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...elling-comics/
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-16-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Rich takes a bit of a jab at the Spider-Marriage readership in this article about Marvel's lower selling titles

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...elling-comics/
    Seems like the 8 years skip wasn't the wisest move.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Had it not been for the legacy issues of Ms. Marvel and Gen X, RYV would have been in the top 100. It was only two places outside of it, I think it's still stable. Rich shouldn't be using that opportunity to throw shade at the marriage. There were plenty of instances it was outselling Spider-Gwen last year, that title is only having a boost lately because Venom moves the needle

And RYV's own Legacy issue was in November, which is the real reason for the huge drop. He should've taken the Legacy variants into account.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Seems like the 8 years skip wasn't the wisest move.
    You can say that again, but I digress as I've already voiced my displeasure on multiple occasions.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I really liked this series before the time skip. Not too excited about picking it up anymore.

I'm one of the biggest Spider-Marriage fans as written by Michelinie, DeMatteis, DeFalco, and JMS. This series isn't my thing though anymore. Could have been good with the original vision.

Even better if it had not been a Spider team book tbh. Would have enjoyed a married solo Spider-Man and not a team book. More real world drama and a bit more serious tone would have helped for me too.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 01-16-2018 at 07:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I really liked this series before the time skip. Not too excited about picking it up anymore.

I'm one of the biggest Spider-Marriage fans as written by Michelinie, DeMatteis, DeFalco, and JMS. This series isn't my thing though anymore. Could have been good with the original vision.

Even better if it had not been a Spider team book tbh. Would have enjoyed a married solo Spider-Man and not a team book. More real world drama and a bit more serious tone would have helped for me too.
    I don't blame RYV for trying something different. While not a lot of people wanted MJ "waiting by the window" again, if it had been more like what the newspaper strip does with the marriage, it'd probably have gone down a treat. An MJ who is heroic, but still is down to Earth, doing her own thing and having her own stories told while Peter takes the fight to a baddie himself.

I didn't like kid Annie being endangered and much prefer her teen version, and I think it's far too early to tell if she will be a direct copy of Mayday. I intend to still give RYV a fair shake.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I don't blame RYV for trying something different. While not a lot of people wanted MJ "waiting by the window" again, if it had been more like what the newspaper strip does with the marriage, it'd probably have gone down a treat. An MJ who is heroic, but still is down to Earth, doing her own thing and having her own stories told while Peter takes the fight to a baddie himself.

I didn't like kid Annie being endangered and much prefer her teen version, and I think it's far too early to tell if she will be a direct copy of Mayday. I intend to still give RYV a fair shake.
    are these newspaper stories you keep talking about collected anywhere?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    IDW have been collecting the earliest stuff in trade for a few years now, but they're not even at the point Peter and MJ married yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    You can read the most recent strips online.

http://comicskingdom.com/amazing-spider-man/

BANNED

RYV#16 goes to print.

https://twitter.com/HeatherAntos/sta...09325190008832

Nice to see Annie's troublemaking female friend from Conway's run.

Gee, time hasn't been kind to Jonah much

Looks like Jonah is telling Peter "You're Fired!". Solicits say he'll be getting a job at the school.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Perhaps Peter is being made redundant? A commentary perhaps on the decline of newspapers and news photographers since anyone can take a photo with their smart devices and upload them to blogs and websites?

A good point. Heck, Peter's silver and bronze age adventures probably need retconning considering that. Becoming a freelance photographer doesn't make much sense in the 21st century.

RYV#16 goes to print.

https://twitter.com/HeatherAntos/sta...09325190008832

Nice to see Annie's troublemaking female friend from Conway's run.

Gee, time hasn't been kind to Jonah much
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but it feels weird to see Jonah looking so old .