Page 96 of 155 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2312

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    If true, I knew shifting to a Spider-Girl 2.0 dynamic was a mistake.
    Seems that way. If they want to bring Annie to 616 as part of an OMD revert, she'll need de-aging back to the 8 year old version, as the maths don't add up for the teenager (616 Peter is too young and didn't have his powers yet 17 years ago when MJ would've got pregnant with Annie).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Seems that way. If they want to bring Annie to 616 as part of an OMD revert, she'll need de-aging back to the 8 year old version, as the maths don't add up for the teenager (616 Peter is too young and didn't have his powers yet 17 years ago when MJ would've got pregnant with Annie).
    Most definitely Annie would have to revert to her precocious eight-year-old self, which I would be okay with. A spider-powered kid is a relatively fresh idea and could be used in many different ways when compared to the plethora of spider-themed adults we have in the 616 Universe, which has almost become a trope at this point due to oversaturation.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-26-2018 at 08:17 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Man, just the return of marriage in 616 is far fetched enough, 616 Spidey with a kid is like, Bendis writing small ammounts of dialogue and respecting continuity he didn't make, lol.

Either way, if RYV really is cancelled, can't say I'm surprised, the problem isn't the time skip itself, something feels off about the comic since the writters behind it changed, can't put a finger on what though.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 01-26-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Why would Marvel want to put Annie in 616 a la Superman Rebirth? If anything, they're even more hostile to that version being a father than they are to him being a husband.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Superman Reborn, you mean. And you forget, new writer, new editor in chief. The rules may have changed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Superman Reborn, you mean. And you forget, new writer, new editor in chief. The rules may have changed.
    What about Dan Slott's assurances that this was something that could not be changed ever ever ever, even if all the Powers That Be wanted to?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What about Dan Slott's assurances that this was something that could not be changed ever ever ever, even if all the Powers That Be wanted to?
    He's Dan Slott. Hyperbole merchant and, by his own very recent admission, consummate bullshitter.

I could see Peter and MJ romantically involved again (because COMICS!), but I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for the marriage to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    He's Dan Slott. Hyperbole merchant and, by his own very recent admission, consummate bullshitter.
    Agreed that he's proven to be full of hyperbole and crap, but still, while I think that "never" was always a load of bull, I do have to agree that Marvel has remained consistent on the point that, for 616 Spidey, the marriage was a huge mistake and OMD made Spidey great again. The point is, I don't see them backing down from that premise anytime soon, esp. since they've proven that ASM can still survive without that piece in place.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Exhibit A Ben Reilly says hi.

BANNED

since they've proven that ASM can still survive without that piece in place.
    ASM makes money despite itself. It's ASM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Exhibit A Ben Reilly says hi.
    Ben Reilly wasn't embargoed and the subject of a multi-year propaganda program to justify it in the first place. Current management has made it no secret that they think the marriage ruined ASM and there's no reason to believe that they'd recant it now. If there's ever a total change in the membership of the Powers That Be, then I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    ASM makes money despite itself. It's ASM.
    Obviously. However, the point still remains, if they can sell ASM without the marriage and don't want it around, why would they want to put it back in place?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ben Reilly wasn't embargoed and the subject of a multi-year propaganda program to justify it in the first place. Current management has made it no secret that they think the marriage ruined ASM and there's no reason to believe that they'd recant it now. If there's ever a total change in the membership of the Powers That Be, then I'd buy it...
    Maybe not officially, but the character was certainly treated as toxic by the office due to the negative reaction amongst fans to the original Clone Saga for the better part of twenty years. That is no secret.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Yeah, after Dan Slott lying about wanting to write ASM forever on here for the past few years, I don't really trust anything he's said at this point.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I could see Peter and MJ romantically involved again (because COMICS!), but I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for the marriage to come back.
    It will never come back as long as the Quesada regime is intact.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.