Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Just in case anyone was wondering, this is Michonne from The Walking Dead. Wonder Woman seems to be sporting the bandanna, dreads, and skin tone. Plus this looks to be a dystonia, these people are a well tested unit, use fire arms, but they also seems to care deeply for one another. PS. Calling it now, Flash and Harley are Maggie and Glenn

Think I'm onto something?
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-16-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Aquaman=Abraham. Superman=Rick.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Oooo I was thinking Aquaman=Daryl, but Abraham works so much better! Nice! If we're going by the show then maybe Batman=Daryl? Steel=Tyreese regardless, imo.

I wonder who would stand in as Morgan?

If John Stewart was there I'd say he'd be the perfect Morgan stand. I like the Batman and Daryl one, haha.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

What if this is more like the "larger" multiverse Planetary played with? Remember the reference to Crisis in that book, about one small corner of the "infinite snowflake" getting blown up in 1986? This might not be the earth-14 from Morrison's map, but an earth-14 from another segment of the multiverse. Earth-14:B, so to speak.

Love the preview in any case.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    What if this is more like the "larger" multiverse Planetary played with? Remember the reference to Crisis in that book, about one small corner of the "infinite snowflake" getting blown up in 1986? This might not be the earth-14 from Morrison's map, but an earth-14 from another segment of the multiverse. Earth-14:B, so to speak.

Love the preview in any case.
    I think it's the "official" Earth 14. I do like the idea of the pre-Crisis multiverse being part of a larger "snowflake". Maybe all those stories that take place in things like Adventures of Superman and Sensation Comics are part of that larger multiverse too.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I think they want us to believe that's Dr. Manhattan but I'm pretty sure it's not.
    maybe is Oz accumulating all of the different Superman's power to go against Dr. Manhattan?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I lot of the ideas that came out of the New 52 seem like they were just loose concepts that weren't very fleshed out and then when they finally got around to using them they just sort of slapped something on them at the last minute. Remember Pandora and how important she was supposed to be to the creation of the New 52? Her skull was just a portal to Earth 3. By the time Rebirth rolled around, she was so irrelevant that they killed her off. Earth 14 was supposed to be this super-special Earth and it turns out that, SURPRISE!, it's the Justice League as bad guys! Again!

This is why I have a hard time believing that this whole Superman Red/Blue thing was thought out as far back as 2011 or whenever. A lot of this stuff really does come across as being made up on the fly.
    They never said they were Bad guys , Bad guys don't care about they're people or have loyalty to there Leader. Seemed closer to Cable and X-Force to me or like Superlad93 said The Walking Dead.
    Last edited by Lokimaru; 01-17-2017 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think it's the "official" Earth 14. I do like the idea of the pre-Crisis multiverse being part of a larger "snowflake". Maybe all those stories that take place in things like Adventures of Superman and Sensation Comics are part of that larger multiverse too.
    Dont see why not. Hell, its been hinted at that the Marvel universe is out there somewhere, and Marvel has hinted at the same with DC, and both companies have used blatant rip-offs on many occasions. And the idea that the entire multiverse is just 52 realities is.....very limiting.

I like the infinite snowflake theory, if for no other reason than it allows DC to pull any and everything in that they want, from half-forgotten Elseworlds to endless new worlds.

You limit what the multiverse is and you end up with fans complaining about using a supposed important world for a dystopian zombie-earth.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Oh damn it. This is a cool concept for an Earth, the preview's cool and all, but I knew - I KNEW - that eventually someone was going to define one of the 7 Unknown Earths in a way that didn't remotely fit their position on the map, and not only was it the first one, it turned out to be the biggest one of all in Earth 14. The great big mysterious 'most important and secretive Earth in the Multiverse', the opposite of Bizarro world and the universe all others grow out of is...an Earth where the Justice League are assassins. Whoopee. Especially sucks, since this would've been a perfect Earth 46 as a parallel to Earth 11. This is what you get for trusting others to play with your toys properly, Grant.
    OK what? Where/when did this happen? No, didn't read Morrison's Multiversity (which I suppose is where this was stated), so don't know any details.

Yeah, I know. I'll give it a read sometime.

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

My head hurts. Thanks comics!

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by W8IN4KAL-EL View Post
    maybe is Oz accumulating all of the different Superman's power to go against Dr. Manhattan?
    Wasn't the solicitation text for this something along the lines of "the road to Superman Reborn starts here!"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Dont see why not. Hell, its been hinted at that the Marvel universe is out there somewhere, and Marvel has hinted at the same with DC, and both companies have used blatant rip-offs on many occasions. And the idea that the entire multiverse is just 52 realities is.....very limiting.

I like the infinite snowflake theory, if for no other reason than it allows DC to pull any and everything in that they want, from half-forgotten Elseworlds to endless new worlds.

You limit what the multiverse is and you end up with fans complaining about using a supposed important world for a dystopian zombie-earth.
    I personally liked that dystopian Earth. Very intriguing. And I tend to agree with the infinite snowflake thing. I can see that Morrison could have done some sort of map for that, but he was told that there were only 52 universes, so he went from there.

BTW, regarding those DC/Marvel universes hints you mentioned: Justice League/ Avengers live-action movie. Make it happen, DC/WB and Marvel. You know you want to.

....what is this?

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

I shall miss you Justice League of Assassins, and I wish I got to learn more about you, RIP ...
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Oh damn it. This is a cool concept for an Earth, the preview's cool and all, but I knew - I KNEW - that eventually someone was going to define one of the 7 Unknown Earths in a way that didn't remotely fit their position on the map, and not only was it the first one, it turned out to be the biggest one of all in Earth 14. The great big mysterious 'most important and secretive Earth in the Multiverse', the opposite of Bizarro world and the universe all others grow out of is...an Earth where the Justice League are assassins. Whoopee. Especially sucks, since this would've been a perfect Earth 46 as a parallel to Earth 11. This is what you get for trusting others to play with your toys properly, Grant.
    You're mixing up your Earths there. The biggest mystery is Earth 49. Earth 14 only stood out since the artist who drew the multiverse map speculated that it was the birth point of new Earths. I don't think that was ever confirmed by Morrison though.
    Last edited by NeonZ; 01-17-2017 at 07:53 PM.