View Poll Results: Do You Consider Magneto A Hero Or Villain?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hero

49 46.23%
  • Villain

57 53.77%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    I feel like there should be another option, anti-hero) since Magneto has gone back and forth on the whole hero/villain thing. I say at worst hes a villain and at his best hes an anti-hero. His methods are always extreme.
    Depends on your perspective.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    To put Doctor Know in the know... Anybody want to post the pages of him destroying a Russian submarine then creating a volcano in Russia (UXM #150), murdering the people who stopped him from saving his daughter then murdering the soldiers who came after him (UXM #304) or Mags blasting the EM field and murdering thousands of people across Earth (X-Men v2 #25), please? Hell, throw in the times he's created life just to enslave and use it as soldiers (Savage Land Mutates, Alpha)...

Mags has done utterly deplorable things but I'd rather have him on the side of mutants against the Inhumans and speciest humans with big guns and Sentinels. He's currently written as a dark character trying NOT to go around destroying random innocent lives... and I find him utterly fascinating.
    lets see, the russians attacked him, the city was retaliation for said attack, try to stop me from saving my child, and yea, people might die,soldiers, ill give you those, and the em field was self defense as UN made the em field deadly for him to pass through

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe8 View Post
    the em field was self defense as UN made the em field deadly for him to pass through
    Murdering innocent people because you've been exiled for a multitude of crimes, including running and indulging hit squads of genocidal terrorists who attacked, among other places, hospitals and schools and were protecting known serial murderers from extradition, is not "self defense."
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Murdering innocent people because you've been exiled for a multitude of crimes, including running and indulging hit squads of genocidal terrorists who attacked, among other places, hospitals and schools and were protecting known serial murderers from extradition, is not "self defense."
    You have to remember that Magneto is a complicated character. He was a Jew that went through a concentration camp, then found out he was a mutant and was persecuted again. All he ever wanted was peace, but all anyone wanted to do was kill him. How do you think you would feel being in his shoes?

I'm not saying he's right for what he's done in the past, or even justifying them. But if you look at it from his perspective, he's trying to save his people from being exterminated once more. What would you do to save your family and friends from dying?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

This thread and its Rogneto fans ...

*ever so slight gagging*

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post

*ever so slight gagging*
    *sigh* Well, that isn't fair, McKellen has like 70-80 years old. In the comics Magneto is a 40 years old dude after being de-aged so he should look something like this xD:

25412f5bf9d7488e71061f00e7cb759a.jpg

Whatever yor complain is ridiculous since there are characters in the MU far older than magneto that still had younger couples (i.e Captain America, Wolverine)

And I'm not even a Rogneto fan, I don't care at all about this couple, I always prefered Magneto to be single, don't know why, but the thing about the age is really stupid lol
    Last edited by lollie_poppy; 01-26-2017 at 01:00 AM.

BANNED

Of course it's stupid seeing that it has no merit. And it totally spits on the Rogue character with every criticism since she pushed it over and over and over again. Recently choosing him over Gambit outright....AGAIN. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    *sigh* Well, that isn't fair, McKellen has like 70-80 years old. In the comics Magneto is a 40 years old dude after being de-aged so he should look something like this xD:

25412f5bf9d7488e71061f00e7cb759a.jpgl
    This. He would most definitely look like this.

Hey, blame Rogue for her attraction to Magneto. Maybe she just likes bad boys? :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post

25412f5bf9d7488e71061f00e7cb759a.jpg
    He'd look a lot older with his hair bleached white.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He'd look a lot older with his hair bleached white.
    Yes, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post

*ever so slight gagging*

Neither, he's an opportunist with one agenda in mind. To never allow his people to be exterminated again, at all cost.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Hey, blame Rogue for her attraction to Magneto. Maybe she just likes bad boys? :P
    Maybe she likes charismatic men who have character and conviction too?

All-New Member

For me, he is a villain. Theres no superiority in mutants.