Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

As someone not as experienced in the "controversy" of Bendis finales, and liked majority of the stuff I've seen him write, even if this run of GotG has been very hit and miss, I'm still excited to see what he does to conclude this. And honestly, after the whole Civil War II business, it makes perfect sense why fighting Thanos is the reason why they all come back together.

Also I still personally hope they give an actual reason why Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde decide to break up ^^;;

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Kang is owned by Fox actually. He is part of the F4 package
    I think that they could negotiate for Kang. Fox won't be able to use him, well.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    As someone not as experienced in the "controversy" of Bendis finales, and liked majority of the stuff I've seen him write, even if this run of GotG has been very hit and miss, I'm still excited to see what he does to conclude this. And honestly, after the whole Civil War II business, it makes perfect sense why fighting Thanos is the reason why they all come back together.

Also I still personally hope they give an actual reason why Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde decide to break up ^^;;
    why were they together?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    why were they together?
    I don't know the reason why, but I enjoyed them together and liked all their stories about each other, so if they are gonna end it, I just wanna see some kind of conclusion instead of just "oh they're not together anymore." But that's me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Was kind of expecting this, given the recent announcement of Bendis' new projects. But I'll still miss his presence on this series. I think he's done a great job making Guardians of the Galaxy one of Marvel's top comics. This series has been so much fun. He found a way to build on the success of the movie in all the right ways. I think he has a lot to be proud of. I'll be sad to see him go, but I can understand that he wants to move on. Hope that means he'll end the series on a high note.
    Well im sorry but I could not disagree more... I loved GotG from around 2005 to 2011 but after Bendis took over it was on a downward spiral for years. He made the Guardians too childish, to cute (Groot) and too weak... He literally destroyed everything that was so epic about them. Cosmic Marvel was phenomenal in the above mentioned years but today its a joke.
    I have high hopes for the future because Bendis is FINALLY done with GotG. I can't wait to see him go.
    Ramin Djawadi, the new God composer... Original Score for Warcraft is absolutely amazing and his score for Season 6 of Game of Thrones is beyond epic... THE WINDS OF WINTER

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Man I just feel sorry for the next writer of the Guardians. Bendis has driven this title so far into the dirt and alienated so much of the fanbase of the characters it is going to take years to get any good will back. It was like the Exiles book when Claremont ruined it and then left, and the Jeff Parker came in and relaunched it afterwards. The Parker book was fantastic and got the book back to as good as it was pre-Claremont, but so many fans had bailed on the series already his run never stood a chance.

I could see the same thing happening with Duggan's Guardians even with a movie coming out. People just got so burnt by Bendis and his horrible nonsense run that they probably are not ready to give another series a chance yet.
    Have to quote this because its just so damn true. Bendis GotG = "horrible nonsense run".
    But I will give the next series after Bendis a go, I just love the Guardians too much to not read them.
    Ramin Djawadi, the new God composer... Original Score for Warcraft is absolutely amazing and his score for Season 6 of Game of Thrones is beyond epic... THE WINDS OF WINTER

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    but isn't Kang a descendent of Doom? I am just saying, lol. Then again he is more closely associated with the Avengers.
    For me Bendis hasn't done anything of note for the property that I have even remotely enjoyed. He did however get his name associated with it right before it blew up because of the movie, reaping the benefits of a properties popularity that he had no part in establishing.
    Kang is a descendant of Reed Richards that's why Fox got him in their movie deal.

I'm not a Bendis hater - I hugely enjoy many of his runs, and especially dig his characterizations and scripting (if not so much his respect for
    continuity, point taken). But this run of Guardians was a blah for me. It never really came together into anything compelling imo.

The irony is now that CWII ended the plot just started getting good. The whole 'Stuck on Earth' direction has serious legs as a storyline.
    Mad fun so far.

But I'm definitely ready for a new team to come on board.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Bendis, don't you mess up what's already going in with Thanos! Please exit the stage as quickly and as quietly as possible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    I just donīt care, just wanted not to see his name anymore on this book to begin to read it.
    I wish that Bendis would just focus on his independent comics since that is where his heart really lie. Most of his pears have left Marvel to start their creator owned comics. All Marvel wants to do now is bring in big name writers who may or may not have experience writing comics...

Quill is gay

Drax is gay

Rocket is actually a cat

Gamora is actually Thanos

Groot was never real.

Place your bets.

If you think Duggan is not going to continue the Bendis and movie tone, you are wrong.

The DnA, Anihilation era is not coming back.

What i want to know is what is Schiti working on next? Amazing artist.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Let's see... every time Bendis has used ANY CHARACTER in any of his comics he has shown he didn't understand a thing about the character. He just used THEM as a "big name" in order to lure readers in (This comics has YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER WHOM I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT! Come and get it!) but then he's misused the character, ignoring his personality, powers, and continuity in order to suit his (Bendis') needs (telling the "story he wants to tell everything else be damned... Including a satisfying ending").

Go to DC Bendis, WE DON'T WANT you!
    There fixed it for you.....

I am curious what the Dues Ex Machina that comes out of nowhere to save everybody is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Man I just feel sorry for the next writer of the Guardians. Bendis has driven this title so far into the dirt and alienated so much of the fanbase of the characters it is going to take years to get any good will back. It was like the Exiles book when Claremont ruined it and then left, and the Jeff Parker came in and relaunched it afterwards. The Parker book was fantastic and got the book back to as good as it was pre-Claremont, but so many fans had bailed on the series already his run never stood a chance.

I could see the same thing happening with Duggan's Guardians even with a movie coming out. People just got so burnt by Bendis and his horrible nonsense run that they probably are not ready to give another series a chance yet.
    I'm one of those people.

Loved the Guardians for years and was real excited to read about them after the movie and just like he did with The Avengers, Bendis has killed the book for me.

I'm an older fan and when I drop books anymore, it's pretty much forever.
    Batman - Daredevil