Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    It's a tricky question. I'd probably prefer to see Wonder Woman drawn with a healthy, athletic body. Probably closer to someone like Jesse Graff or Ronda Rousey than say a female gymnast which tend to be a bit leaner. I quite like her build when drawn by Cliff Chiang.

Of course, irrespective of what body shape Diana has, it ultimately comes down to the individual artist as to how Wonder Woman is depicted (i.e. Wonder Woman can be drawn as cheesecake / for the benefit of the male gaze just as easily when she has the body of a lingerie model as when she has a more "normal" body shape).
    Gymnasts are pretty buff these days compared to say 30 years ago as the new system rewards difficulty over style. I agree though, Wonder Woman should be cut, not super bulky necessarily but I wanna be able to tell Wonder Woman apart from a run-of-the-mill Bond Girl you know. In the Batman v Superman extras the trainer was like "yeah she needs to hang a dress, go back and forth and integrate into society", what an awful thing to say

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Hmm...haven't we just had a thread ("right to bear (sic) arms..") on a similar theme just the other day ....Marik, I don't know if you're a man or a woman, but if you're a man, and I reckon most replies so far on this are men, isn't there some perpetuation here of the thing of women's bodies and what they wear being a constant source of discussion, and by men all too often....

I've heard women comment on this in exasperation....

I love the way women look, their beauty, etc and an appreciation of Wonder Woman is part of that....but in that appreciation let's just get on with enjoying the art that conveys this whoever it's drawn by, and however, barring shoddy forms of artwork...why must we keep banging on about about Wonder Women's looks, must it be a constant topic brought up, for mostly men to discuss....

Sorry to be a "party pooper"...

Perhaps some female readers would like to chime in here? What do you think?

Jon

BANNED

Please, Wonder Woman is a fictional character. Most fictional characters have a look locked down which is a big part of their identity, however Wonder Woman goes back and forth between looking like an Amazon and a swimsuit model, she's got multiple personalities as well, she's all over the place hence all the endless debate...

All-New Member

Yes! I am all for a more natural appearance for Diana especially if it includes some visible body hair (such as on her forearms and possibly peachfuzz on her face and shoulders/upper arms/back of neck and upper back) as would be accurate and realistic for someone of Mediterranean/Middle Eastern descent.

Quote Originally Posted by Disraeli Gears View Post
    Yes! I am all for a more natural appearance for Diana especially if it includes some visible body hair (such as on her forearms and possibly peachfuzz on her face and shoulders/upper arms/back of neck and upper back) as would be accurate and realistic for someone of Mediterranean/Middle Eastern descent.
    Sounds like a job for fanart, and not for comics.

As long as she ain't drawn like Fat Amy. She's okay the way she is. But nowadays everything offends or brothers everyone and no one can be happy.