Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gotham Cops

Astonishing Member

You know who else was great? That rookie Lieutenant that Stephanie Brown Batgirl had the crush on.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'd give a little love to Joe Potato, too.
    Joe Potato was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    You know who else was great? That rookie Lieutenant that Stephanie Brown Batgirl had the crush on.
    Yea, Nick Gage. He had some fun interactions with both Babs and Steph.

He wasn't around for long by I liked Lieutenant Stan Kitch whenever he showed up. He was nice counterpart to Bullock. I remember him being used sometime before Knightfall and a little while afterwards but then disappeared forever.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Jim Gordon, Harvey Bullock and Renee Montoya are the trinity of the GCPD. It's a shame she still hasn't been re-introduced at this point.

Maggie Sawyer has earned her place in Gotham as well in recent years, and I always liked Chris Allen too.

But I kinda lost interest in Montoya and Allen when they became the new Question and Spectre, I'd rather they just remain as cops. Don't see the need for everyone to become a super hero, they're more interest to me as grounded characters.

Can't say I particularly care about or miss any of the others, though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    My favorites have always been Gordon, Bullock, and Montoya.

If I remember correctly, one of the Eternal writers was asked if Montoya would show up there, but they said no, because they wanted to save her New 52 introduction for something else. It might have been Snyder, but I can't recall where I read that.
    Yeah, I remember that. They also - IIRC - didn't want to pigeonhole Eternal as "the book that brings back Pre Flashpoint Bat Characters" in a way that would overshadow the story.

Although they considered it - and in that Bard plot of "Gordon Loyalists", you can completely see where she'd fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Yeah, I remember that. They also - IIRC - didn't want to pigeonhole Eternal as "the book that brings back Pre Flashpoint Bat Characters" in a way that would overshadow the story.

Although they considered it - and in that Bard plot of "Gordon Loyalists", you can completely see where she'd fit.
    Glad to see that I wasn't imagining things. I do hope they mean to bring Montoya into the New 52, sooner than later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Glad to see that I wasn't imagining things. I do hope they mean to bring Montoya into the New 52, sooner than later.
    They are planning on bringing her back. They said so. So don't worry people.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Is New52 Montoya any good? I like the New52 Bullock... ex-boxing pro and a cat person

Astonishing Member

Harvey and Montoya for all time.

For Gotham Central, obvs Allen comes to mind, but also really Tommy Burke is underrated and underutilized, and Josie Mac and Sarge are just bloody great.

I love Sawyer. I absolutely adore Sawyer, and even love all the personal growth she's had since transferring to Gotham, and love that she's been the Commish for a year now. But that said - I'd dearly like for her to go back to Metropolis and hang out with Danny Turpin. Superman's book needs to stop bleeding amazing supporting characters.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Ugh, yeah Maggie Sawyer needs a train ticket back to Metropolis stat.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Ugh, yeah Maggie Sawyer needs a train ticket back to Metropolis stat.
    Hum why ? She belongs in Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Is New52 Montoya any good? I like the New52 Bullock... ex-boxing pro and a cat person
    The few New52 issues of Detective Comics that featured Montoya were really good. Great characterisation of her, Bullock and the rest of the GCPD. She and Bullock had a history that was hinted at. The plot was good too, the way it told a different perspective on Gordon as Batman. The art by Blanco was great too.
    Those issues were one of the few times they've managed to recapture some of that Gotham Central feel.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Hum why ? She belongs in Gotham.
    As much as I love Maggie in Gotham, without a Batwoman book she's kinda been pushed to the side.
    More importantly though, the Superman books NEED more supporting characters. Or at least they need to make more use of the characters they have.

Spectacular Member

The cast of Gotham Central, for sure. Especially Montoya and Allen. Harvey Bullock and Sarah Essen are great as well.

I don't miss them, but I enjoyed Billy Petit and Jim Corrigan (no relation) as antagonistic cops.