Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    You can always sell the code...
    To who?
    I don't buy and sell things on eBay or anything . . . I don't know anybody who wants them.

And is it really worth the effort for me?

Hell, I'm at a point where I just may quit buying some of those books anyway. I may be less likely to give those stories a little more time to interest me.
    (It'll be like Marvel, where I got so fed up with the stories and the prices that I only buy one title at the moment, but may consider increasing my Marvel purchases by 100% come February.)

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    What this does is actually help comic shops. There has been a lot of discussion regarding market share about how Marvel comics appear to be doing better because of overshipping and a higher cover price. Overshipping aside, the cover price is better for stores. Given that many readers are more likely to buy books that they like regardless of cover price, a store will prefer to be selling books at $3.99 because they make more money per sale.
    Exactly. Brick and mortar shops have to make a profit and not every shop orders every book that comes out as some have pointed out. They really only order the books that sell for them and not much beyond that. Even my two local LCSs only order what they know will sell with extras for people browsing the shelves. (They saw what happened to a former competitor who over ordered books all the time so they are being more careful about doing that themselves these days.) I'm not sure they will complain overmuch when a 3.99 cover price is going to make them more money instead of less. Digital shops have a much wider selection of titles across the board so they can afford to keep selling those same titles at 2.99 if they choose because they will likely make it up with the sale of something else.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I hate having to cut books to maintain my monthly comic budget. I almost wish Leifield, or Lobel would take over a few of my titles to make the decision of which book to drop a lot easier
    I have no beef with Vegans

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    To who?
    I don't buy and sell things on eBay or anything . . . I don't know anybody who wants them.

And is it really worth the effort for me?
    I mean, I can't answer the question of it's worth your time or not. But if you sell them, that's a dollar you get back. One dollar as opposed to no dollars.

You don't have to use eBay. It can be as simple as setting up a PayPal account, and there are probably lots of people willing to buy them. I know there's an entire subreddit for this very thing.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    I hate having to cut books to maintain my monthly comic budget. I almost wish Leifield, or Lobel would take over a few of my titles to make the decision of which book to drop a lot easier
    Heh, that's the hardest part, the quality is is there in nearly every single book. Marvel made it easy for me to drop stuff with the constant event tie ins and murdering/ruining my favorite characters, but for DC right now it's a lot harder to give up on any book. The only books i've dropped so far are Green Arrow and Teen Titans, and even I didn't hate them.

At the risk of sounding a bit "Thank you, sir, may I have another," I can't be too upset at this. I appreciate they made the introductory price so low and kept it at $2.99 for so long. It let me try a lot of books I wouldn't have otherwise, and I have several on my pull now that I would never have sampled at $3.99.

Also, it may be that the extra dollar will let some of the books on the cusp of cancellation continue to exist, assuming their sales don't take too much of a hit from the price increase.

most of the dc books I read are bi weekly, so this wont have a huge effect on me. the overall quality of dc, going back to character basics and pricing has me out buying their books over marvel by far, and that's a first for me.