Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Well guess I'm dropping anything that is going monthly. I like the price point and the bi monthly schedule, I think its the way all comics should go honestly.
    I believe this only is affecting titles that are already monthly and it appears you only have one monthly title on your DC pull (New Super-Man) so you should be fine.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I believe this only is affecting titles that are already monthly and it appears you only have one monthly title on your DC pull (New Super-Man) so you should be fine.
    Yeah and I might keep New Super-Man just to support it, haven't completely decided yet.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Yeah and I might keep New Super-Man just to support it, haven't completely decided yet.
    I'm definitely keeping New Super-Man on my list because it needs the support and I've really been enjoying it. (The same goes for all the other monthlies I currently pull.) In fact I'd drop all my double shipped books in order to support it and other monthly titles. Books like Batman, Nightwing etc aren't going to stop being published but something like New Super-Man would be cancelled if fans left in droves over this. If I were forced to choose between them I trade wait the big titles and give my money to the little guy instead.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

We'll just have to wait and see if/when DC explains why they're raising those prices (or if possibly those $3.99 prices for Rebirth books was a mistake).

2.99 was so dope. I don't like this at all. I'm not sure if I even read any bi-monthly titles...I'll have to recheck lol
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Books struggling are going to take a hit for sure. Monthly comics are just too expensive. They need to sell digital subscriptions at a reasonable price. If I continued to follow all the books I liked at full price I'd go broke. The answer isn't raise the price on stuff already selling lower numbers. It's gonna look great when they cancel Cyborg before his movie comes out.
    Man, if they had something like Marvel Unlimited...it'd be magical.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    We'll just have to wait and see if/when DC explains why they're raising those prices (or if possibly those $3.99 prices for Rebirth books was a mistake).
    Do they ever really explain why they raise prices? I'm pretty sure it's because they feel like they need to make more money and they feel like the net result of increasing the price and losing some readers will still be more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Man, if they had something like Marvel Unlimited...it'd be magical.
    Yeah I was going over this on another forum. I have spent a lot of time/money following sales and buying the old DC books I love. Until they add more I'm basically caught up, so if I wasn't enjoying the new series I'm sliding past the point where the service would make a lot of sense for me. That said I love a whole lot of the books they have been bringing out since Rebirth so for those alone I'd be a permanent subscriber.

All DC needs to do is keep cranking out books I personally love like they have since Rebirth started

I'll be glad when the direct market ends it's strangle hold on digital pricing. The few physical books I buy are never from comic shops I go online and get half off. I like saving money.

I should add Hoopla is adding the Rebirth trades as they come out so if your library is participating you can read them for free.

So not only are they going to raise the prices to $3.99 but we are also getting Digital codes, similar to what Marvel had before the upcoming February change. So take the good with the bad I guess

http://www.newsarama.com/32762-some-...ess-codes.html
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Do they ever really explain why they raise prices? I'm pretty sure it's because they feel like they need to make more money and they feel like the net result of increasing the price and losing some readers will still be more money.
    I don't know if it's an explanation - but the newly $3.99 books will be getting digital codes.

I just started collected Trades and buying physical comics like...last year or so once I had real money. I like my local shop and just enjoy talking to people there, but it'd definitely help my wallet more if I tried looking for discounts like you lol. I never understood why digital was at the same price as physical? I thought it'd cost less because they don't have to physically print and distribute, but obviously, there have to be other forces at play.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Digital codes are a nice extra, but honestly raising the price could potentially hurt these titles sales, and that's the last thing Local Comic Shops need right now!

I could be wrong though and this could get more people to read the books, who knows. But yea this just seems like a bad idea to me.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Ah, man, I think Marvel used to give you a code for a digital version of the issue. Now they just give you a code for a random comic that is semi-related to what you bought lol

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Bound to happen. 2.99 is really cheap in this market. There is a reason everyone charged 3.99 now. I am glad the bi-monthlies are still 2.99 as I buy mostly bi-monthlies.