pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Default Aftershock's Eleanor & the Egret by John Layman and Sam Keith announced

Looks like I found my first Aftershock comic to read (not that I have no interest in existing titles, they're just way down the priority list atm).

Great creative team, imo, and an interesting premise to say the least. I was wondering what Layman would be doing in his post-Chew life.

CBR doesn't have a thread for some reason, even tho they have an article (main site is too cumbersome to bother linking), so the solicitation is below:

Writer: John Layman

Artist: Sam Kieth

Colorist: Ronda Pattison

Cover by: Sam Kieth

Item Code: FEB171092

A slightly surreal tale of an art thief and her sidekick, a talking egret who gets just a bit bigger after each successful caper, as they embark on a escalating series of daring thefts of world-famous paintings, and dodge pursuers in an increasingly weirdly dangerous game of cat-and-mouse.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Sounds like a fun title. I might give it a try but thus far only two Aftershock titles remain on my pull: Rough Riders and Alters. I lost interest in the rest of the line and at $3.99 a pop a book has to really interest me for it to make the cut anyway.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-17-2017 at 06:55 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I'll admit I've pretty much ignored Aftershock for the most part, but after reading some B.E.K. and hearing about this book, it is safe to say the publisher has my attention.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    I'll admit I've pretty much ignored Aftershock for the most part, but after reading some B.E.K. and hearing about this book, it is safe to say the publisher has my attention.
    they get some good-to-great talent on every single title they have, afaik (even if you dislike Glass, like lots do/did, Olliffe's art looks dang nice), and even quite a few marquee names. Aftershock just kind of came around at the wrong time for me (whether it be heavy into DC and Image or light on the wallet).

However, I'm convinced to try out a few titles in trade. Especially after reading the info for all of them (their line has expanded quite a bit since I last checked - which was around their launch lol). I've trusted in Mike Marts since as long as I can remember (which is when Morrison started his Bats epic >_>).
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Does Aftershock even do physical trades? I can only find the Kindle editions on Amazon.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Does Aftershock even do physical trades? I can only find the Kindle editions on Amazon.
    Yep. I got the first trade for B.E.K. this Wednesday at my LCS.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!