Default Should Artemis stay a redhead?

That other thread got me thinking, even though it is possible for Egyptians/North Africans, Southern Europeans and or Middle Easterners to have her look, it wouldn't look typical of the regions her people are suppose to be from. And since it seems like people want "diversity" in comics and I guess since the Wonder Woman family is lacking in it, should her look be changed to fit more with her ancestry? Given what happened with Helena Bertinelli (I mean it was still possible for her to look like the way she looked before) and the current trend to make redheads become darker in the media, I think there would be a big backlash.

Personally, I don't care. People are very diverse and if Artemis' is suppose to be ME/NA or Southern Euro or has ancestry in all three, it would be nice to show that they're not depicting all of them as fitting a stereotypical image.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I'll always prefer my fiery redhead, myself. The Banas, like the Themiscyran Amazons, actually come from a diverse ethnic background, so it's hardly a stretch to say that she looks the way she does, so there's no special need to change her look, IMO.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I'll always prefer my fiery redhead, myself. The Banas, like the Themiscyran Amazons, actually come from a diverse ethnic background, so it's hardly a stretch to say that she looks the way she does, so there's no special need to change her look, IMO.
    I do too. Personally I would love it if Hippolyta stayed blonde and then you'd have a mini Amazon trio of of blonde/redhead/brunette. Especially considering how all three to varying degrees differ in personality. It show a nice contrast between them in both physical and personality wise.

One thing the Banas have slept with men so we don't know who Artemis father was. He could have been a red hair. There are middle eastern people with red hair. Since Artemis is based off of Orana I always thought it would be cool if Orana was Artemis mother
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-17-2017 at 09:23 PM.

BANNED

Considering how the Bana were actually the original sex pirates, and already compromised of a varied group of people... I dont find it at all odd or thinks Artemis' hair color needs to change.

Retired

As I learned one morning many years ago when I was having breakfast at the Beauty Salon Cafe, the way to dye hair red is to first dye it black and then bleach it red. So it seems like red hair is just bleached out black hair.

As a gene mutation, my understanding is that red hair can occur in any people. And even when it doesn't occur naturally, there are treatments like henna that could give a woman her red hair.

I remembered that Menelaus is described as red-haired in THE ILIAD--and I found this article on the web and think it's worth reading--"The Ancient History of Redheads and Ginger Hair."

Yes leave Artemis alone.her red hair fits her strong and aggressive personality