Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What book is/was your holy grail?

What book did you look a long time for? What book have you still yet to find? A few months ago 100 Bullets Deluxe Vol. 1 was my most sought after book. I was relieved when they had a second printing. Fairly recently Parker Martini Edition was another one I couldn't seem to get a hold of. It was out of stock for two months. Now, it's Absolute The Dark Knight Returns

BANNED

Alan Moore League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Absolute Vol.1

Bonus ( Chris Claremont and Frank Miller) Wolverine Limited Series

Love my Hellboy Library Editions. Actually wait, I have every issue of V2 Daredevil. Probably those.
    Last edited by Star-Lord; 05-01-2014 at 07:25 PM.

BANNED

The Dark Phoenix Saga original issues. I have all the "Classic X-Men" issue reprints, but haven't gotten around to getting the originals yet.

All-New Member

Waited a long time for American Flagg in softcover.

This will be funny.... but Ultimate Spider-man volume 1 #1 at an affordable price.

That was my last grail quest. Took me 3 years to find one on the cheap. CGC'd, and it was only cheap due to some guy spelling it wrong and not noticing on ebay. Was me and like 2 other bidders at the last second. under $50 for 9.0 cgc seemed like the best i was gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    This will be funny.... but Ultimate Spider-man volume 1 #1 at an affordable price.

That was my last grail quest. Took me 3 years to find one on the cheap. CGC'd, and it was only cheap due to some guy spelling it wrong and not noticing on ebay. Was me and like 2 other bidders at the last second. under $50 for 9.0 cgc seemed like the best i was gonna get.
    Same here. After losing several $120+ auctions, I managed to snag one for $70.

Punisher Max v4 OHC and Absolute Authority v1. Though I actually haven't looked for them in more than a year, I got them in trade and HC so gave it up after 4 or so years of ebay searches.

I need more Roberson! Count Yoda's Avatar

Not mine, yet for my little sister it was for a long time the trade Batman: Harley & Ivy, as she once saw it in a Border's when I was initially trying to get her into comics, and regretted not getting it, once she actually started reading comics.

I kept on looking on Ebay for a reasonably priced copy, to no avail, yet, when I took my sister with me to a shop we had not been to before on Black Friday, I found it tucked away in their trades section, for cover price.

My little sister was so happy, and now she loves that book, with those two characters remaining two of her absolute favorite characters.

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

It was a random issue of "The Jam." Number six or seven, I can't remember which now. But it's not the sort of thing that there were a million printed of, and it's also not the sort of thing that anyone asks for at conventions, so it took a number of years before I could finally track it down. It was a mixed blessing to spend the $3 to finally buy it, the quest was finally over.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

Fantastic Member

Blue. No, red!

BANNED

I've already owned several of them.

A complete set of the MAUS inserts from RAW magazine
    The Dead At 17 #1 from Fiasco
    Fantasy Quarterly #1
    Love And Rockets #1 (the black and white cover self published one)
    Still own all but one.

Current grails include the self published early Angry Youth Comix, the issue of Slam Bang with a Ralph Snart cover, and a complete run of the first volume of Elflord from Nightwynd.

Incredible Member Jonah Weiland's Avatar

Green Lantern #1. (Silver Age)

Sure, I could buy it online. Ebay, sure, but I've been slowly collecting every Silver Age run of Green Lantern via the conventions I visit for business. I want to support the retailers who exhibit at these shows. As the comics I was buying got more expensive, I started to make it just one a trip.

I'm generally buying low-to-mid grade reader copies, but I've not found a #1 in a price and quality I'm cool with. Have come up short at my last two conventions.

But soon, soon I will complete this collection. I just need #1 & #3!

Miracleman #15... still looking

Late Gemstone-era Don Rosa Disney stories.. The upcoming Don Rosa Library should include them, but it's nice to dig through the boxes to see what I can find

If only I could afford a copy....
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman