Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default All New X-men #17 (spoilers)

The first few pages in the preview was cute but it takes a nosedive real quick and Bobby comes off just looking... ugh. I've never been the hugest fan of bobby but i've never disliked Bobby until this issue. I swear it's basically just how the comics have been for the last few months. You know culture more important than lives blah blah blah. Not a good showing for Bobby at all but don't want to spoil for those who are going to read it. I think Inhuman fans will LOVE Bobby after this though. That's all i got.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yeah like I said in the Cyclops thread... I've stuck up for Bobby many many times throughout my posting here. Can't do that here.

BANNED

My problem is not so much Bobby as I've never met someone going through a first love who wasn't a complete idiot. Especially a teen. They could've shown Bobby disagreeing without having brought Cyclops up.

My problem is with editorial. They keep pushing the Cyclops=Hitler narrative except unlike before, we know what happened during DoX, so it just comes off as even more ridiculous now.

The other teens agreeing with Bobby and not calling him out bothered me more than Bobby actually...

So Hopeless is sticking to his guns and choosing to be consistent with what he wrote earlier in ANXM rather than DoX/IvX?

Not that surprising really.

Azzertron

I'm a pretty big fan of Bobby, older more so than teen Bobby but you're right this was just eurgh. Feel like the romance is just a bit forced for the sake of IvX, didn't they meet about 3 issues ago? Never fails to amuse me how characters keep using culture as an argument over mass extinction but whatever. The way he acts just seems pretty out of character. Anyway can't wait for IvX to be over haha.

It was not a bad story and not blame the young Bobby after all he is in love. But the fact that Crystal and his crew were there in the battle at Atilan when Magneto caught them in Limbo shows how many editors and writers do not have much communication.

Or maybe this story was written before Soule and Lemire changed the story in DoX and the first issue of IvX has been released.

I still wonder what marvel editors do all day .

Well bobby's behavior regarding the war was quite disappointing. Though I can try and relate somewhat. First loves as a teenager
    Don't help with seeing things objectively.

On the bright side, the cute factor of their romance was adorable. To think many young lgbtq people who are scared could be reading this book makes me happy to see them being represented in a mainstream comic book.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

As a gay dude myself, this issue was utter crap.

They seem to be pushing the relationship way to hard for one, then all the talking about "crazy old Cyclops" is getting quite old, I mean "Cyclops" or more like Emma took a decision that had to be made, instead of being a punk ass bitch and just going with the pathetic truce, I'm sure real Cyclops would have done the same and would've still been the best decision.

Finally running away? Worst, ACTUALLY thinking about switching sides. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Man, I know what's to fall in love, I can understand him being and idiot, but I cannot for the life of me understand how can you consider to switch sides, considering your people are dying and everyone, including him, is going to fucking die if the Inhumans win. Bobby here is not being a stupid teen in love, he's just being plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Finally running away? Worst, ACTUALLY thinking about switching sides. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Man, I know what's to fall in love, I can understand him being and idiot, but I cannot for the life of me understand how can you consider to switch sides, considering your people are dying and everyone, including him, is going to fucking die if the Inhumans win. Bobby here is not being a stupid teen in love, he's just being plain stupid.
    Bolded for truth. There's only so far you can stretch the whole "love makes us blind" trope before a character just becomes unlikable.

The Cyclops thing was really crap. After DOX it just seems really ridiculous to be pushing that. You can all watch the next issue, where Tyke finds out the shocking truth that the real crazy Hitler is Emma.

Besides that, I don't really judge Bobby, specially cause the ANXM haven't really been affected by the mists at all(what is stupid too). I liked the other scenes, and even Bobby rescuing Romeo, the big page for the kiss and all. I don't think he'll really go to the Inhumans side, just get out of the fight, he said that really desperate, and I don't think Romeo wants to get too involved either. But the Cyclops thing was really annoying.

I mean, I get it. First love as a teenager will make you do crazy stuff.

But the whole "Cyclops is Hitler" vibe is getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Bolded for truth. There's only so far you can stretch the whole "love makes us blind" trope before a character just becomes unlikable.
    His lover is LITERALLY named Romeo, peeps. How did you not see this coming months back? Even Bobby considering becoming a Montague is not exactly subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    So Hopeless is sticking to his guns and choosing to be consistent with what he wrote earlier in ANXM rather than DoX/IvX?

Not that surprising really.
    It's not consistent if nothing justified this view of Cyclops then either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Winner for best line of the day....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I still think that Cyclops=Hitler will be only in X-men books (Tie Ins) while during main event this will be skipped.

Maybe that's the plan?