Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I'm gonna repost what I put in the Cyke appreciation thread...

I'm thinking there has to be an inhuman whose power is superhuman propaganda - the ability to make people who actually saw the events be convinced that the version coming out of New Attilan is what really happened and not what they saw.

It makes more sense than anything coming out of Marvel about it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    I still think that Cyclops=Hitler will be only in X-men books (Tie Ins) while during main event this will be skipped.

Maybe that's the plan?
    Cyclops=Hitler was brought up twice in the past 2 issues of Champions. Marvel editorial is pushing this real hard, even though there is still no equivocal parallel between the two.
    Even what Emma did isn't worthy of the comparison, but after next issue I'm sure Scott will say that she's Hitler for...what the telepathic broadcast?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Cyclops=Hitler was brought up twice in the past 2 issues of Champions. Marvel editorial is pushing this real hard, even though there is still no equivocal parallel between the two.
    Even what Emma did isn't worthy of the comparison, but after next issue I'm sure Scott will say that she's Hitler for...what the telepathic broadcast?
    It justs means something was suppose to happen at the end of DOX which everyone seem to have known at marvel but somethng changed last min.

Like any good Juliet, Iceboi is willing to die for his love. Hope he enjoys the less than 2 weeks he has left to live [with and love his Romeo].
    This one shot sums up Bobby in this issue, whining and crying and bitching and moaning just like his older self.
    iceboi.jpg
    See, Teen Jean? This is what happens when you make people gay! [Kidding! Mostly...] Any goodwill from seeing his relationship with... ugh... Romeo blossom in this issue is instantly negated by his stupidity and selfishness.
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-18-2017 at 12:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Like any good Juliet, Iceboi is willing to die for his love. Hope he enjoys the less than 2 weeks he has left to live [with and love his Romeo].
    This one shot sums up Bobby in this issue, whining and crying and bitching and moaning just like his older self.
    See, Teen Jean? This is what happens when you make people gay! [Kidding! Mostly...] Any goodwill from seeing his relationship with... ugh... Romeo blossom in this issue is instantly negated by his stupidity and selfishness.
    'Ya think Jeen is gonna lose any sleep over this dramatic development in Bobby's doomed love life?

"Decisions had to be made, Bobby. Swift actions taken -- I understand how complicated it is... But... We need "you" to take out Romeo during the first wave of our assault!"
    Last edited by ZNOP; 01-18-2017 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm gonna repost what I put in the Cyke appreciation thread...

I'm thinking there has to be an inhuman whose power is superhuman propaganda - the ability to make people who actually saw the events be convinced that the version coming out of New Attilan is what really happened and not what they saw.

It makes more sense than anything coming out of Marvel about it.
    There seriously must be. This issue really left a bad taste in my mouth. You have cyclops who as far as everyone knows destroyed a cloud that was killing mutants and for all intents and purposes doubled the time they had remaining and he is treated like hitler where on the flip side you have the inhumans letting their culture kill hundreds possibly thousands and they arent doing much about it. If he simply said run i would be like "fine, ok." But to actually volunteer to betray mutants. Im convinced either consciously or subconsciously romeo put the whammy on poor Bobby with his empath powers.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-18-2017 at 01:06 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

You are right. I forgot about Champions.

Hariel0079:
    It justs means something was suppose to happen at the end of DOX which everyone seem to have known at marvel but somethng changed last min.
    i thought that way but why Marvel is still pushing this idea?

Its hard to believe no one sarcastically quipped. "Yes the person trying to get rid of the murdering gas is just like hitler..." i mean seriously. They must want me to love cyclops because thats all it is doing at this point. I was never a big fan but this is a horrible attempt at character assassination.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    There seriously must be. This issue really left a bad taste in my mouth. You have cyclops who as far as everyone knows destroyed a cloud that was killing mutants and for all intents and purposes doubled the time they had remaining and he is treated like hitler where on the flip side you have the inhumans letting their culture kill hundreds possibly thousands and they arent doing much about it. If he simply said run i would be like "fine, ok." But to actually volunteer to betray mutants. Im convinced either consciously or subconsciously romeo put the whammy on poor Bobby with his empath powers.
    It was easy to dismiss the early stuff knowing that Marvel had done an about-face, so long as they didn't bring it up in such a fashion again. Now we know what caused it and they are insisting upon keeping the narrative everyone knows to be bogus.

Even the bit in Champions was something I could dismiss, the 'Hitler' crap was spewed by a salty guy who was angry over being blasted.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 01-18-2017 at 01:18 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I still think that Cyclops=Hitler will be only in X-men books (Tie Ins) while during main event this will be skipped.

Maybe that's the plan?
    Well if that's the plan I can not imagine the reason.

I think in addition to Champions we had more than Cyclops is the worst in Nova.

The problem is that this is one of the main points of the story and considering some covers in IvX was to be something that changes everything on revealed but is not and certainly does not change the situation of the mutants or makes Emma a villain for more than believe they try to do this.

Anyway if you ignore all this you can still get something positive from this issue and wonder if after IvX the relationship of Bobby and Romeo will survive or not?

I have my problems with the way Bendis make Bobby out of the closet but not have problem with gays characters and a comic about minorities think the X-mens need these characters as representatives. And would like marvel to stimulate more characters like Anole and Karma without mentioning that I'm glad Ressurection can address these themes and gay characters in GX.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Well if that's the plan I can not imagine the reason.

I think in addition to Champions we had more than Cyclops is the worst in Nova.
    If They changed the plan why we can read about this again and again in new books?

Anyway if you ignore all this you can still get something positive from this issue and wonder if after IvX the relationship of Bobby and Romeo will survive or not?

I have my problems with the way Bendis make Bobby out of the closet but not have problem with gays characters and a comic about minorities think the X-mens need these characters as representatives. And would like marvel to stimulate more characters like Anole and Karma without mentioning that I'm glad Ressurection can address these themes and gay characters in GX.
    this story is without proper ending.
    for me:
    he could betray X-men
    he could betray Romero
    but running away? That's advice for gays? When You meet the problem You should run and try to ignore this problem? and everything will be okay because others will do all the work?
    I hope that we will have continuation somewhere:P

BANNED

It's basically confirmed as continuing. It was revealed that Iceboy will be in a relationship at start of X-Blue. If this is not Romeo, then it'll make Iceboy look really dumb.

Yeah. I think we can expect those two to play no further part in IVX.

If They changed the plan why we can read about this again and again in new books?

this story is without proper ending.
    for me:
    he could betray X-men
    he could betray Romero
    but running away? That's advice for gays? When You meet the problem You should run and try to ignore this problem? and everything will be okay because others will do all the work?
    I hope that we will have continuation somewhere:P
    What made you think this issue was "advice for gays"? This was just a riff off of Romeo and Juliet. Rogue "running away" isn't advice for women who face oppression so Bobby's sexual identity had nothing to do with the message of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    iceboi.jpg
    Yyyeeeaaahhhhhh, could you tone down the homophobia a notch? Thanks.
    Overall, I loved the issue. Bobby is obviously working some kinks out and trying not to lose his first boyfriend. Also, out of all the O5, Iceman would be most likely to not want to fight, either him or Scott. Jean Grey is essentially Emma's new protégé and has even taken on some of her qualities. Hank McCoy completely abhors his older self for basically ruining his life. Angel wants to take out the cloud but doesn't want any death which is kind of naive. Also, Scott doesn't want to die. My only gripe is that Bobby is still complaining about what Adult Scott did. I would've expected him to get over it.